Gennadiy1981

Leo’s video on the “Left gone far” is grossly misunderstood

12 posts in this topic

Hi Leo, I feel that I am the only one who really understood your episode.

I am reading through the comments of people and at best it looks like 95% of them misunderstood the episode. your episode was not so much political but you discussed the human psychology and where are we going with. You touched on very deep topics rooted in human psychology and how humanity really operates. It’s not a secret that majority of humans are on the low thinking spectrum and we have problems seeing other perspectives but our own, and the most important thing for the majority of humans is self survival. It’s not an opinion it’s a matter of fact whether we will like it or not.

What I was surprised is that most people on this forum are spiritually minded people. And it was shocking to me that they also misunderstood. If you say we need 300 years for a real social reform to happen, with this mindset it looks like we will need 3,000 years.

Thank you Leon for such a deep topic diving into human mind, I really appreciate it and I really understood where you’re coming from. You really touched human fundamental ego. I personally do not think it was a political episode. You really dived so deep into human thinking and human understanding. Honestly, what humanity needs is awakening and after that we can start building a high-level social reform. Without it we’re all stuck in the low mind thinking. And what i have  also noticed people who like to use political slogan is just a nickname for being cool that’s all.

Cheers!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm still not open minded enough to watch the full video. 

After the first 5 minutes I clicked the close button. 

My mind was putting up defenses and strong resistance because I have been supportive of the left. So I didn't want to hear any critique. 

I just have to be frank. It's the only video my mind is not ready to watch. 

I don't want to jailbreak my brain. Sorry. 

pWHoPzX.jpg

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Loving Radiance thank you. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson You are controlling Leos lips as he talks, How could you not come to terms with what he's saying he's literally you that's your shadow and its clear, Otherwise you would not fear whatever he's talking about even if you sense he's deluded or wrong in the relative, Cant be wrong in the absolute that still shines true but you probably know that, it just seems to obvious that of course that's truth but he's wrong or deluded in the relative, but that still shines true everything uttered or even more meta anything that exists is absolute truth so face it everywhere without fear. This is true even in the relative there is nothing to fear because you are all perspectives so just listen no matter the clash, Relative discernment comes after you understand every word that is uttered is absolute truth absolutely no exceptions, There is nothing to disagree about in the absolute so why do you fear listening to this relative argument if you already feel doubled down in your truth than if its true and you know it then you wont lose it by listening to another person, So why not listen if your right, You wont become less right if anything more right if you watch probably, If your viewpoints are true there should be no insecurity about others worldview, They should be seen for what they are, They are probably relatively fucked like almost all worldviews. Its so easy to say but this is real and conservativism is bad, That's just reaction and you know that but just realizing truth absolutely is a difficult job to an ideological mind cause it can only see truth in domains not everywhere all the time, If you were truly doing this you wouldn't fear Leos views, You can disagree but you got to listen and work through the foreseen conundrum to the end, Cause you cannot discount any perspective if you have the truth or else you are limited and your truth is not absolute, If you got to constantly be avoiding and placing reactive blinders to stay in the news source you are comfortable with and read everyday, You eat your own news sources like candy I'm sure because you configure that yourself and have perfectly set blinders, What's the difference between relative intake? does the other give you more satisfaction so you stay? Just saying, not being able to even listen to a perspective is a sign of unconscious dogma, that's not the natural state of someone in possession of the truth ,always afraid of deluded or wrong people, They probably know the nuance of how every perspective is absolute truth and natural arising out of reality, It cannot come from anywhere else besides reality and truth so why fear the seeming relative falsehoods? I either don't listen to anyone or just see the absolute truth in all the fools and wise people, My finite discernment will be wrong, There is no chaff to separate from this metaphorical wheat of reality and truth, its all true. I cannot double down in any perspective(except all and none of course) even a unitive one cause that cannot be made into a belief, So I don't even bother with whos wrong and whos right only I'm right because I am truth and reality so are you, You just got to stop experiencing truth second hand, I don't know if all of this is relevant to what your trying to figure out for yourself but its worth listening to this if you don't agree with me for example, That's a good place to start if you don't agree with me here. I am repulsed by conservativism true but I know my aversion is relatively justified but absolutely complete fucking hogwash there is no reason to avoid anything or treat it as untrue, Nothing false can show up in reality its only the ego that sets standards for what ought to work out in the relative domain, God is all so it does not bother with the partial perspectives cause they are all finite, Still true cause its all, including the apparent relative false.

I think that one of the weaknesses of Leo's approach is that he sometimes tends to frame things in an overly abrasive manner, in a way that triggers the ego defenses of people who might otherwise be receptive to his ideas (and yes I know that Leo is aware of this). This video might be a good example of some of the downsides of that approach, even if the overall point he's making is a solid one.

What our society really needs right now is for Green values to be enacted in a healthier way, while also giving Greens who are ready for it an onramp to begin exploring Yellow. (And of course we also need Orange and especially Blue to be much healthier than they are now, but that's a different discussion).

The good news is that a lot of this can be done in ways that are palatable to Green sensibilities and values. My suspicion is that healthy Greens that are integrating towards Yellow values are going to be shouldering the burden of responsibility for most of this, rather than an emerging Yellow that represents perhaps %1-2 of the population in a developed country like the United States.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

3 hours ago, DocWatts said:

I think that one of the weaknesses of Leo's approach is that he sometimes tends to frame things in an overly abrasive manner, in a way that triggers the ego defenses of people who might otherwise be receptive to his ideas (and yes I know that Leo is aware of this). This video might be a good example of some of the downsides of that approach, even if the overall point he's making is a solid one

His presentation in videos is perfect. People need to toughen up and not get triggered with the slightest disagreements. 

4 hours ago, Bobby_2021 said:

His presentation in videos is perfect. People need to toughen up and not get triggered with the slightest disagreements. 

Easier said than done. 

And ironically, by operating on the basis of how people should be rather than dealing with how people actually are, you're perpetuating some of the very same normative mistakes that are being pointed out in the video.

If part of the goal was to get people anchored in Green to become more aware of the blindspots in thier worldview, then I can't say the video was completely successful due to its adversarial tone. What a typical person anchored in Green is going to hear (despite what Leo is actually saying) is that the political polarization is primarily thier fault for not being more accommodating to fascists.

As I see it, like many of Leo's other videos it's primarily useful for people who come into it with an existing frame of reference for the points he's making to be able to articulate these ideas in a more explicit way. Nothing wrong with that mind you, but Leo might not be the guy who's going to get Greens to reevaluate thier deeply held beliefs.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Bobby_2021 His presentation wasn't perfect. There were a lot of moments where I cringed, because I could see the value of his message, but knew exactly that people where going to misunderstand him because of how he was presenting the points. It has nothing to do with people not being tough enough. It has to do with the fact that his communication had obvious flaws in it which are going to loose progressives who listen to this. This is inevitable, as communication is limited, but there is still value in pointing this out.

I am a progressive, but I've been contemplating the limits of progressivism for a while, so it wasn't difficult for me to open myself up to the message he was trying to get across. If I put myself into the shoes of someone a little more defensive while watching this episode I can clearly start to see the limits of his communication. There were a few bits of unnecessary straw manning and a couple of points where I felt like he was focusing on an overly specific strain of progressive, which might make him seem disconnected from your everyday progressive, just to give an example.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

I finally listened to part 1 today and I have to say I agree with 95+% of what he said. He's definitely a tier 2 thinker. Props to making this video. I understand where he is coming from much better now.   I would argue it's not his job to try to win over any particular audience. If you find yourself offended at what he has to say, maybe ask yourself why that is....  for what it's worth a lot of what might be dubbed as "spiritual masters" have had this abrasive approach. It's about breaking down ego barriers... I mean if you really get triggered that easily by someone's words... the path to mastery is not one of being coddled and told what you want to hear.

Edited by sholomar

I think a big point of the video was to teach the left how to communicate their talking points properly, who there audience is and how/why there strategy is ineffective

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?