Arman

When Life Is Holding You Back From What You Want

4 posts in this topic

When life is holding you back from what you want, perhaps it is because there are far greater things in store.

I have heard this idea and have found it to be true. There have been periods of great discontent or suffering and one can wonder why you are seemingly barred from what you desire or what you believe will make you fulfilled - but that is when breakthroughs to greater landscapes occur. Part of the realization in this is understanding that if you had received what you thought you desired, the attachment to would have created would have limited you a lot and hindered much progress. When you do see why you were being 'held back' then you realize it wasn't even possible for you to perceive the next 'greater thing', because it was beyond your imagination. If you could have imagined it, then you wouldn't have bothered with the desires you had because they don't compare. Life leads you to far more beautiful and fulfilling states. Think of every desire and state of possible fulfillment that you can imagine, and then pray you don't receive it, because it will distract you from the real joys that life is delivering. Accelerate this process by being content now.

Just a thought I wanted to process. 

@ArmanI recently came to this realization myself, if you aren't content now chances are you'll never be. Accept whatever life gives you, its there for a reason and there's always lessons to be learned :) 

Sometimes I have similar thoughts, but then I see so many people who are miserable their whole life and it never gets any better. What you imply is that there waits an happy end for everyone. But there are alot people in this world who had lifes full of suffering, without ever getting anything positive. No happy end at all. So our lifes could easily become horrible Game of Thrones episodes with a tragic ending where we are never becoming what we think we wanted, or even be granted the possibility to see through our illusions.

What you want comes wholly from what you experience that you don't want. It is a perfect puzzle with no missing or extra pieces.

The fun is in the assembly.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE