78 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sowweey, sowweey, sowweey, befoww I diddin meanz it. :$

Okie weewo I know you’ll do beta dis time 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

27 minutes ago, VioletFlame said:

@Ulax Hmm...I'd like to think that Leo is a man of integrity. I believe he is, so I'm sure he'll practice what he preaches. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.(: 

The beauty of executing and actualizing true spirituality is that it challenges us to adjust & modify our behavior, including our responses/reactions to things and the way we communicate with others. Challenging yourself, coming out of your comfort zone, and adjusting your tone or language to help another person feel more comfortable, safe, and welcomed is a great sign of personal growth, of spiritual growth, and a great sign of empathy. Most people do not want to be bothered with challenging themselves or changing themselves because they believe there is nothing to improve, but there is always something to improve. Even if you have thousands/millions of followers and are worshipped by many. Hell, even if you are Christ, Buddha, or *ahem* Leo himself, there is always something to learn about ourselves and to improve. And I think Leo gets this.

Low empathy functioning on the other hand, or a lack of empathy for another's feelings or personal well-being & peace of mind, is a great sign of spiritual misapplication and misunderstanding. Empathy is key to living spiritually. And it is a cognitive skill, so people can improve their capacity to empathize with others. However, many people are living so selfishly and acting so entitled to their selfishness these days that the topic of empathy is disregarded and it is dying. It does not seem to interest anyone and it's not discussed enough. @Leo Gura Would you consider doing a video entirely on Empathy and how it relates to spiritual awareness/intelligence? I grew up in various abusive dynamics and I must say from my prolonged observation that low empathy functioning inhibits people from living spiritually & authentically. Empathy increases our ability to "go meta" and to broaden our perspective. Also the higher one's empathic functioning is, the more authentic they are, emotionally aware, and less likely to fall into traps of hypocritical thinking or cognitive dissonance. 

“The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" - PLATO

@VioletFlame I think I get you. I just want to try to keep Leo accountable, I think it helps when it comes to growth

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's just my personality. It can't really change that.

What a G. 

I learnt to use profanities so casually after I watch Leo explain it. Before watching Leo I used to use profanities with Little regret and used to hold back a little.

Now I don't see a distinction between profanity and normalcy. 

Edited by Bobby_2021

10 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

I was raised Mormon. Game on. 

I was raised Muslim in Saudi Arabia,

I win, bitches.

Profanity is overrated. 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

36 minutes ago, VioletFlame said:

Profanity is overrated. 

Agreed. Sometimes I find myself swearing in the forum and it’s backfired mostly 

◭"89"

Fun story: I used to curse so much in school, kids would cry to the teacher and I would get sent to the principal.

I had to pick up trash for 2 weeks.

I got banned from tennis coaching at 9 years old because I dropped an f-bomb at the kids in front of the coach. It was like a gun shot in the middle of the night. Lol.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The point of profanity is to help the writer enter into a more casual state of mind.

The style of sentence crafting that allows for profanity is truth + how the person feels about it. 

State is the game.  

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral It has its place. 

I think spongebob called it a “sentence enhancer”

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Sowweey, sowweey, sowweey, befoww I diddin meanz it. :$

Geez man. It appears that the problem doesn’t have much to do with just the words themselves but rather your general attitude held while communicating. Not saying you have to change or it’s even that big of a deal, but you seem to want to improve in these areas. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

2 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Geez man. It appears that the problem doesn’t have much to do with just the words themselves but rather your general attitude held while communicating. Not saying you have to change or it’s even that big of a deal, but you seem to want to improve in these areas. 

I'm improving that too.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Fun story: I used to curse so much in school, kids would cry to the teacher and I would get sent to the principal.

I had to pick up trash for 2 weeks.

Lol exactly Leo when you were a child!! You're a big boy now, aren't you? And I figure you learned a lesson or two. So curse less. ;) I say this warmly. 

I just want to add that I respect you more for this. It's very thoughtful.

By the way Leo I asked you a question in this thread. Would you be so kind to answer me? ? 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Bro profanity is not a big deal imo

Profanity can be said gently, in a fun manner, jokingly, non insultingly. It's the way you use profanity, not profanity itself. But u prob know that 

This sounds like a deceptive way of not actually changing 

But I take the strategy of 

>Not saying you have to change , but it seems you to prefer to want to 

Edited by Jacob Morres

I had a thought that it’s more to do with the energy behind the words than the words themselves. What you think? 

5 hours ago, Yarco said:

I, for one, welcome all current and future gosh darn diddley restrictions.

2022 - No more swearing

2025 - Celibacy & Abstinence Explained (aka How To Make A Girl Squirt Part 2: WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER DO IT)

2027 - How The Right Is Right Part 6

2030 - Leostan caliphate implementation is complete. Men and women are no longer allowed to chat in the same forum threads, to maintain MAXIMUM SPIRITUAL PURITY.

4 hours ago, KH2 said:

2035 - Why mormons are RIGHT (and you should save yourself up for MARRIAGE)

2040 - How to find a hot mormon witch girlfriend

Leo.jpg.14efb7b09c3d7fce8f07ae8c61e8264d.jpg

You guys are awesome xDxDxD

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I am discontinuing my use of that word. I have over used it. Although in my defense when I use that word, it usually fits the situation perfectly. That word is so accurate, but it is disrespectful.

In my opinion it is better to label people's discrete actions or attitudes as something undesirable rather than the entire person.  All, or nearly all, people are capable of change and improvement.

I need to give up swearing too but it's not on the top of my priority list.  I am still too frustrated and it provides stress relief and satisfaction!

Yeah! Fuck profanity!

◭"89"