Leo Gura

Cutting Back On Profanity

78 posts in this topic

Just now, Leo Gura said:

It is necessary. So my teachings are purer.

Maybe. I have no preference, to be honest.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

That's just my personality. It can't really change that.

You definitely can, but maybe this just isn't the right time yet. I was set in my own ways until I've suffered enough and could not bare staying the same way anymore. So I guess maybe you're right, after all. Cuz I didn't make that change, it just kinda happened against my will.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Zen is very cold.

How? As far as I know, Zen is all about meditation, intuition, and the body, all of which are core to the feminine principle. Maybe it is adopted and applied in a masculine manner by most schools cuz a school/discipline is masculine by definition, but the core is still very feminine, at least when compared to other disciplines like Abrahamic and Hinduism, and definitely when compared to your lone-wolf stage Yellow solipsistic discipline.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

@Leo Gura Let’s see if you actually change. You’ve talked many times about being cleaner on the forum. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

When you have Russian origin it's just so ingrained in you because Russian swearing language is so beautiful, it's probably the most beautiful and creative swearing language of all

48 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Zen is very cold. I am a Care Bear compared to a Japanese Zen master.

These western Buddhists have spoiled you guys rotten with their sweetness.

Buddhism is very popular in the west precisely because it resonates with the feminine side of these gurus and many of the "Greenies" there. You probably resonated with it initially because of your high vision, intuition, and creativity. You sly Mr. INTP.

ea1713e48de318dcfdd636900a07dcd2.jpg

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

6 hours ago, integral said:

Because it degrades our culture.

@Leo Gura every time I see profanity I’ll be issuing points, 20 points and your banded keep that in mind. ;)

What monster have I created?!

:$

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

46 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura Let’s see if you actually change. You’ve talked many times about being cleaner on the forum. 

Well, hold me to it. ;)

Tip. If you feel the need to use profanity, try doing ten push-ups first.

2 minutes ago, Phil777 said:

Tip. If you feel the need to use profanity, try doing ten push-ups first.

Doing 60 minutes of meditation before writing in the forum might help too. Here it shows that psychedelics are no substitute for meditation. Profanity is often used when one has high expectations and is unsatisfied.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, hold me to it. ;)

?

I’ll let you know if I spot a Sasquatch 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Once you are banned for swearing by @integral, a power vacuum will be created and mods will fight for the dominion over your mini-empire. You don't want that digital blood on your hands. 

Be a nice lad ^_^

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Leo Gura

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have been guilty of excessive use of profanity lately.

I will be significantly cutting back on this going forward to set a better example for others. Once I achieve this I will start expecting the same of you.

My apologies and thanks for bearing with my antics as I do my spiritual process.

I'm also sorry for cursing too much when I rap in this forum, so, no more cursing and more adjectives from now on. Conscious rap all the way.

I, for one, welcome all current and future gosh darn diddley restrictions.

2022 - No more swearing

2025 - Celibacy & Abstinence Explained (aka How To Make A Girl Squirt Part 2: WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER DO IT)

2027 - How The Right Is Right Part 6

2030 - Leostan caliphate implementation is complete. Men and women are no longer allowed to chat in the same forum threads, to maintain MAXIMUM SPIRITUAL PURITY.

I made the right choice by recommending @integral as a mod.

He will do a good job at whooping Leo's ass. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Profanity= A creation of God.

What God creates only man can see as unholy. 

Setting a better example? This is the story you want to write Leo? What you think you are A SAINT? You want to go from Actualized. Org to PIOUS.ORG?

Hello my name is Leo.....and I tripped on the concept of insanity....and thought I escaped....I now want to stop using profanity to use a better example. HAHAHAHAH Better example Leo? FOR WHO???? As a person who spent over 30 years rarely using profanity I can honestly tell you....you are imprisoning your expression. If anything you should cuss MORE. Maybe you WANT your students to deify YOU!!! In fact you know what? Go for it!!! Your students will just CREATE MORE RULES for you to follow so that you can match the image they have created in their head of who you SHOULD BE.

In the words of the famous Spiritual Guru Yogonanda....a teacher/guru/ is a slave. You are the slave of your followers. Your followers get to act however they want with complete freedom because THEY DON'T KNOW BETTER!!! But YOU....you are the TEACHER, The GROWNUP in the ROOM. YOU must act with dignity, and respect, and honor!!! HAHAHAHAA Might as well put a dot on your forehead and start walking around with robes!!!! Don't half ass this act Leo!!! GO ALL THE WAY!!!

You should change your tone....start speaking slower and with a much more softer tone....wouldn't want to upset the children!!! No not the children!!!! Then your students can raid your playlist listed on Youtube and tell you your playlist is a BAD EXAMPLE!!! There is profanity there too!!!! Yes Leo you are correct!!! The most awake Leo is WRONG and needs to IMPROVE and SET A BETTER EXAMPLE....even though...he is LITERALLY PLAYING WITH HIMSELF!!! Which is basically....masturbation.....so I guess this would be the equivalent of not stroking TOO HARD??? Is this you trying to do the Buddha's MIDDLE WAY? 

All jokes aside....profanity like all things has a particular quality like spice or sugar in a dish. It does a good job of expressing the aspect of infinity which refuses to submit to any rules.....have you not noticed why profanity is against the rules? Because it represents God's Absolute Authority and refusal to be tied down. I guess....you want to be tied down...to a post....you are tired of saying you are GOD, now you want to be a DOG. 

Come on Leo....even if the name Leo is a cool name for both God and a Dog don't try to be both!!! Lol!!! I couldn't help it....had to use the cliche.

T:L:D:R  Using less profanity isn't better. It expresses the unruly part of you that draws the unruly rebellious spirit that others either deny or resonate with to you. Controversy attracts for a reason, it forces the duality of good v.s. evil to appear and causes others to pay attention. By jumping back and forth between acting unruly and civilized and divine....you are playing all the parts. But hey...IT IS WHAT IT IS.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

@Leo Gura I like the intention dude. I will note that, to my recollection, you have made numerous similar statements about change before, and I didn't personally notice any significant change. So, I hope to personally see those changes seemingly eventuate this time.

On another note, is profanity now against forum guidelines?

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

you have made numerous similar statements about change before, and I didn't personally notice any significant change.

Sowweey, sowweey, sowweey, befoww I diddin meanz it. :$

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Befoww I didden means it. :$

@Leo Gura Okay well... if you misbehave again I'm putting you on the naughty step :P

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax Hmm...I'd like to think that Leo is a man of integrity. I believe he is, so I'm sure he'll practice what he preaches. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.(: 

The beauty of executing and actualizing true spirituality is that it challenges us to adjust & modify our behavior, including our responses/reactions to things and the way we communicate with others. Challenging yourself, coming out of your comfort zone, and adjusting your tone or language to help another person feel more comfortable, safe, and welcomed is a great sign of personal growth, of spiritual maturity, and a great sign of empathy. Most people do not want to be bothered with challenging themselves or changing themselves because they believe there is nothing to improve, but there is always something to improve. Even if you have thousands/millions of followers and are worshipped by many. Hell, even if you are Christ, Buddha, or *ahem* Leo himself, there is always something to learn about ourselves and to improve. And I think Leo gets this.

Low empathy functioning on the other hand, or a lack of empathy for another's feelings or personal well-being & peace of mind, is a great sign of spiritual misapplication and misunderstanding. Empathy is key to living spiritually. And it is a cognitive skill, so people can improve their capacity to empathize with others. However, many people are living so selfishly and acting so entitled to their selfishness these days that the topic of empathy is disregarded and it is dying. It does not seem to interest anyone and it's not discussed enough. @Leo Gura Would you consider doing a video entirely on Empathy and how it relates to spiritual awareness/intelligence? I grew up in various abusive dynamics and I must say from my prolonged observation that low empathy functioning inhibits people from living spiritually & authentically. Empathy increases our ability to "go meta" and to broaden our perspective. Also the higher one's empathic functioning is, the more authentic they are, emotionally aware, and less likely to fall into traps of hypocritical thinking or cognitive dissonance. 

“The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" - PLATO

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love"