inFlow

Feeling a "Spinning" sensation while doing Kriya

13 posts in this topic

I've started to occasionally feel this sensation of spinning while in concentration practice at the end of my Kriya.  It's peaceful and not getting me dizzy.

Maybe somebody has any info on what is going on at that particular time of the spinning?

Thank you.

Mahadev

Its your brain turning on the dream machine. Focus on the darkness you will see a machine is spinning 

@inFlow What type of Kriya? There are hundreds of Kriya practices. Do you practice regularly daily? As you should early in the morning or eventually in the afternoon with an empty stomach for at least two hours? Kriya Yoga (including Kundalini Kriya) is a very advanced practice that simultaneously works on many levels of your existence. But I assume You know that. Well, once you have decided to devote yourself to this path, you'd better follow what this guy below tells you, but there's much more to that—tons of stuff. It's a full-on journey, but you may get seriously damaged if you treat it like a recreation. Be careful and take care, brother.

Sat Nam

@inFlow After six weeks of Detoxification, Kriya, I was utterly wasted. Dizziness and spinning sensations were something normal after a few days.

After the Great Sadhana Set Kriya, followed by Kirtan Kriya, sensations were indescribable...

@Kuba Powiertowski for now I only do Nadi Shodhana+Sushumna Pranayama and concentration at the end.

Daily in the morning and in the evening on empty stomach. I'm a beginner for as far as I know. Don't wanna over-do the techniques, because I had backlashes before.

Mahadev

6 hours ago, inFlow said:

@Hojo Does this "machine" have some kind of form?

For me it kind of looks like spinning top with a thick bar that starts spinning towards and away from me. Almost like its getting ready to  create the 3rd dimension in my mind. The bar swings towards me then away. And if you can see it you can sway with it

Edited by Hojo

@inFlow That is a wise approach. Nadi Kriya is a good one to start with. Then before doing more challenging stuff, Detoxification Kriya is very good for cleansing your system. Don't force yourself, let the process guide you. Be prepared for many various sensations and symptoms both on the psychical and psychological levels. Chanting mantras during meditations with an understanding I have found crucial for inner balance and protection from distraction.

Before Kundalini practice we chant:

Ong Namo, Gurudev Namo x 3 - bow to the beloved Highest Teacher and Wisdom within You

then:

Ad Guray Nameh

Jugaad Guray Nameh

Sat Guray Nameh 

Siri Guru Dayvay Nameh - which is essential for making connection with our Ancestors that give us protection from distractions

3 x Sat Nam ends practice.

Sat Nam means I am the Truth. "I" is the Truth.

There are hundreds of meditations with different mudras and pranayamas that follow different Kriyas.

But some are very universal and powerful to practice daily. When You tune in with them You'll get access to the source of great inner power, strength, and endurance within You:

Guru Mantra:

Om Namah Shivaya Mantra:

Sat Nam my Friend

@inFlow i think i found what I was talking about 

Its called you linga seems to be your life force

Edited by Hojo

What does it mean if you haven’t actively done this meditation but you’ve experienced the spinning sensations sometimes while laying down or sitting very still? This has even happened to me while I’m on the phone if I’ve been sitting/laying and staring at one thing. I’m not a heavy weed smoker, I only smoke every once in a while but it’s happened sometimes then too… 

@sinathegem that's what I'm trying to understand. There are some answers, but every answer is different.

Mahadev

Bumping my thread.

Still haven't found any info. This spinning sensation again happened to me today.

Mahadev