Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cjoseph90

Blue light blocking glasses

4 posts in this topic

hello,

yes im your typical person, for my job in front of a screen all day, and my phone... then in the evening more staring at the screen, making it harder to fall asleep, anyone have any experience owning a pair? is it just a hype

I don't know about iPhone, but on all Android phones I think it's standard now that they come with Dark Mode, Eye Comfort Shield, and Extra Dim settings in the pull-down menu. Eye Comfort Shield removes the blue light from the screen and is mostly what you want. At night I turn all of those settings on and put my brightness as low as I can, without straining to read the screen.

For your PC, you can install Flux for free to do the same, removes the blue light from your screen and gives it a more yellowish tint. You can set it to gradually come on as the sun goes down based on your time and the time of year.

Just those 2 settings is going to eliminate 90% of your blue light, and much less of a hassle than putting on blue light glasses.

yes thnk you, i already do this with dimming the light settings on android phone and laptop. i guess the glasses could work for some, part of me think they work other just marketing.

also might sound a bit weird and  unnecessary, but im also thinking of wearing them if i go out clubbing (i dont go out often) but  there is a lot of bright, artifical lights in clubs so to minimise the exposure to them lol

Edited by cjoseph90

I do and use them every evening. When I don't wear them I feel a lot more alert before bedtime and it's harder to sleep. I think you could get away with wearing them for clubbing, especially if they're stylish. Although ideally they should be wrap around to stop any stray blue light.

All stories and explanations are false.