Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OKO

Ahh, Experimental Meditation

1 post in this topic

I gathered two very opposing ideas to meditate on. They key is to observe the psychological and non-psychological affect of these meditation. Be thorough, though these directions may be unconventional and even considered other than moral (according to mainstream). Please tell me what you experience as a result of this, maybe even do them while doing chores if you can't just lay down and be still. But seriously, I'm interested in what you experience will be.

1Don't believe anything. Don't believe that you don't believe anything, while you are. If you aren't satisfied you've properly done this, it's because you require too much evidence. But evidence is the basis for proper belief. Don't believe anything. Not even the aforementioned. I want you to tell me if you can follow through with reaching for something if you believe nothing about it or reaching for it.

2) Believe everything, despite whether it would be contradictory having beliefs which contradict one another. Believe white isn't white, and that white is white, and that white isn't at all, and that white exists.

3) I don't expect you to fully accomplish this next one.Focus on something you doubt or something you believe. Attempt to both doubt and believe it.

4) This one is kind of hard, but if you fear during it you'll likely be at a loss for words. Focus on something you've either doubted or believed and NEITHER believe nor doubt it. 

Edited by Gabriel David