Krife

Kanye and lsd is fun

82 posts in this topic

This dude is out of his damn mind ?

Oh God.

This guy is just seeking for attention like a child.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Krife

It's all fun and games until Ye starts trying to build his own cities and run for president.

4 minutes ago, aurum said:

@Krife

It's all fun and games until Ye starts trying to build his own cities and run for president.

He has tried to run for president. He stated he wanted to a few years ago at an awards show. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

He has tried to run for president. He stated he wanted to a few years ago at an awards show. 

I mean running again

27 minutes ago, aurum said:

run for president.

That's exactly my problem with him. I don't care what he does in his private life but when he start influencing politics by being an attention whore with his nonsense, is when we have a problem.

The media people need to stop interviewing him. These interviewers are also click-bait whores who throw gasoline on the fire.

Edited by Leo Gura

It's interesting to see someone like Kanye who was at the peak of the entertainment and hip-hop culture and experienced that whole life, now pivot into something completely different. Listening to him incoherently string complicated subjects together is hilarious, it's like a 14 year old cram studied to write an essay on the entire topic of life and they are just spewing whatever they can so they at least don't get a 0 ^_^

On the flipside it's frightening we live in a society where so many people will take it seriously and have the same voting power as you or me.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Krife

2 hours ago, Krife said:

This dude is out of his damn mind ?

First of all, how did Lex Fridman get Kayne into his podcast? Second, respect to Lex Fridman being so patient with this crazy Moe Foe. 

@aurum

39 minutes ago, aurum said:

@Krife

Yeah, Walt Disney tried that approach too. What's happening to the good people before they became successful from their vision?

@Thought Art

37 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Wasn't that just a tweet he did before?

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The media people need to stop interviewing him. These interviewers are also click-bait whores who throw gasoline on the fire.

Yes. I can understand trying to give someone a platform to defend themselves, but I think ideally Lex should have said 'no' to this.

20 minutes ago, Roy said:

Listening to him incoherently string complicated subjects together is hilarious, it's like a 14 year old cram studied to write an essay on the entire topic of life and they are just spewing whatever they can so they at least don't get a 0 ^_^

This is one of my concerns as well.

I can usually listen to someone's argument and at least understand what they're trying to say, even if I don't agree with them. But I've spent almost an hour of listening to Ye's interviews and I still don't really understand his basic points. Something about Jewish people having power and screwing him over in the music industry? And this is somehow related to the "left" wanting to control him and BLM? I don't get it.

I'm sure it makes sense in his mind, but it's not computing so far for me. Maybe if I interviewed Ye myself I could get a better sense of it, but right now I'm still at a loss.

13 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@aurum

Yeah, Walt Disney tried that approach too. What's happening to the good people before they became successful from their vision?

More than likely they were never as "good" as we originally thought.

People are morally complex.

Also, the excesses of stage Blue / Orange can get pretty ugly.

Also, sometimes just mental illness.

All of this nonsense is all merely for shock value. Don't keep feeding into petty, narcissistic, Hollywood drama. It's only a distraction from what is actually important. This guy is a joke. He's not even a genuine vocalist; it's all autotuned & his voice is grossly monotone. 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@aurum

3 minutes ago, aurum said:

Yes. I can understand trying to give someone a platform to defend themselves, but I think ideally Lex should have said 'no' to this.

This is one of my concerns as well.

I can usually listen to someone's argument and at least understand what they're trying to say, even if I don't agree with them. But I've spent almost an hour of listening to Ye's interviews and I still don't really understand his basic points. Something about Jewish people having power and screwing him over in the music industry? And this is somehow related to the "left" wanting to control him and BLM? I don't get it.

I'm sure it makes sense in his mind, but it's not computing so far for me. Maybe if I interviewed Ye myself I could get a better sense of it, but right now I'm still at a loss.

More than likely they were never as "good" as we originally thought.

People are morally complex.

Also, the excesses of stage Blue / Orange can get pretty ugly.

Also, sometimes just mental illness.

Yes, it does depend on stage of development, cognitive and moral development, psychology and personality types, ego development, states of consciousness, life experiences, worldviews, limited beliefs and other lines of development.

No, not mental illness but mental disorder, mental illness to me is a developmental disease of the mind that is infected with an ideology, that it keeps repeating to itself that causes itself more mental stress than it. Like a physical illness, mental illness is more caused by outer factors from environment and from other people's thoughts and opinions about you and what you consider yours and what's important to you, multiple times.

When I brought up Walt Disney, if you knew anything of his background, he was full of spirit and drive, and wanted his vision for his animation to flourish. Somewhere along the way, later on his life he began designing Disney Park, and wanted it to be his own private Utopia, his own Libertarian realm. Walt Disney died of a heart attack, I think, before doing his vision.

Another example is Nikola Tesla, funny enough Kanye West brought him up, he was an amazing engineer with the strongest visualization capacity ever, to be able to design every single part of a machine in his mind! AMAZING! However, when he got older, into his 50"s I think, he was becoming more unstable from his creativity and imagination. He even wanted to design a death tower that could use energy as a weapon that kills thousands and wanted to design an engine that produces infinite amounts of energy. He was so threatening and his vision so dangerous that he got into a freak accident when a car reversed into him and gave him injuries to his legs and his ribs. Later in months he passed away from his wounds as he didn't want proper treatment. So, what causes GOD or the universe to react like this? Or is it just coincidence due to high numbers of people?

13 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

When I brought up Walt Disney, if you knew anything of his background, he was full of spirit and drive, and wanted his vision for his animation to flourish. Somewhere along the way, later on his life he began designing Disney Park, and wanted it to be his own private Utopia, his own Libertarian realm. Walt Disney died of a heart attack, I think, before doing his vision.

I don’t really know anything about Walt Disney.

15 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

So, what causes GOD or the universe to react like this? Or is it just coincidence due to high numbers of people?

It’s partly just numbers. Not every successful person has gone crazy or tried to build a death tower in their old age. Most people’s lives are more normal.

There is nothing outside of God that could cause it to react. Everything is simply Self-Creation with no limits, excepts the limits Self-Created.

I feel like he had some awakenings into God and his ego just corrupted what he experienced. 

I have really tried to get my head around what Ye is trying to get across and the reasoning behind it, heres what ive come up with. 

So in the black community especially the african-american community there is a sense, and in a lot of ways its true, that black people have been taken advantage of and have always been under the power of other races. Theres a sense of powerlessness and also the effects of this have been seen through the last however many years in black communities. Specifically in the music industry black people have been constantly taken advantage of with ridiculous contracts where they sign away their publishing rights or are blocked in favour of white artists etc, as long as there have been black musicians there has been someone there to take advantage and make money from them. The most successful white artists you can think of in history, Elvis, Rolling Stones etc most likely ripped their sound straight from a black artist and repackaged it for a mainstream audience. 

So this is the context Ye seems to be speaking from, as hes experienced this in his own career, ie having to really fight through to release his music and probably more so in the fashion industry. Essentially he wants black people to be on a par with white people in these fields, in terms of the respect given. There is of course validity to this point but his anger seems to be focused on Jewish people who do have a lot of positions of power in these industries, but what he doesnt seem to realise is that who you know and networking has always been a massive factor in success and Jewish as a community have been incredibly successful in this regard. This doesnt mean that there is some conspiracy around it, its just humans acting like humans, it would be the same if black people had gotten into these postions of power as well, most likely they wouldve given other black people jobs or helped out friends etc.

So he seems confused on this point, which i think is a result of just not being that in touch and not being able to think critically which is not a problem unique to him. The anti-semitism seems to come from some black-nationalistic rhetoric he may have come across which adds backing to his theory about Jews controlling him, so i think confirmation bias comes in here, hes essentially looking for a simple reason hes been treated unfairly. I would say hes also quite narcissistic, so this bleeds into it as well, with narcissism, theres an incredibly high level of insecurity underneath the hood and with him he wants to be special or seen as such and so he will always go against what is expected of him. When he said "George Bush doesnt care about black people" it went against the mainstream messaging, now with twitter someone will say something along these lines daily, so to really stand out, something like a black man supporting trump will give that same shock effect. I actually dont think this is marketing on his part, I dont think its that thought through, I just believe he has a drive to be unique and special, if the whole world is saying one thing he will say the opposite. Whats interesting is that very few people agree with what he saying but the platform and attention he gets is incredible, so really its peoples reaction to Kanye that makes him who he is, thats what he lives off. 

Saying all that, i think musically and artistically he is a genius and im not sure that could exist without the crazy, narcissistic thought process he has. When he dies i think he will go down as very interesting character who left a lot of beautiful art in the world. 

That whole interview is hilarious. It's like watching a sane man in an tuxedo trying to tango with a clown.

The crucial mistake is to take Kanye seriously because he is successful.

If Kanye was not rich, famous, or successful, Lex would not take him seriously at all and not listen to him for longer than 5 minutes. But because Kanye is so famous, he can literally say ANYTHING and Lex will take him seriously. This is the problem. You have to know how to identify a clown and not play his games.

But hey, Lex got his views.

The lesson is: massive fame and success does not mean you know shit.

Edited by Leo Gura