19 posts in this topic

Broadcasts:

Talks:

Courses:

Interviews:

Guided Meditations:

Books:

Miscellaneous:

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

12 hours ago, TheNovice said:

What are your favorite qualities of Adyashanti? 

Good question. His maturity and wisdom, and his ability to talk to people. He values simplicity, the small moments of life, and the art of conversation, and I appreciate that. 

"I think one of the most important things in any kind of human communication is: Do I actually understand the person that I'm talking to? Do I really understand them? It's a really big question. Because we can think we understand them, but we might just be understanding our interpretation, or our judgment of what they are saying, or we are filtering it through our own experience. And so we are not really hearing what the other person wants to say or needs to say. So it's a big question: 'Am I actually understanding and hearing what someone is trying to tell me?' If you did nothing but that, if that was your only practice, it would revolutionize your human communication." - Adyashanti

A sane presence is immensely valuable. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

https://youtu.be/p5b4qafA440

mqdefault.jpg

"The realization of the illusory self and then the cessation of the imagination of the illusory self. Freedom and non-freedom hinges on this: whether the imaginary self is still creating itself or not. Because if it is, then it keeps constructing; all experiences revolve around it." 

"Reality presents itself to itself. If it presents itself to a me, then it's just another dream."

"Speaking to a dream is a loser's game. Actually, it's not; there's a lot of money in it."

"'Yes,' to whatever's arising, whatever's happening, whatever's thought, whatever's felt. Not 'yes' in the sense that it's true; 'yes' in the sense that it's here." 

"At each moment, there are certain choices being made. The choices are proving what is valued most. You have what you want. You may not like what you have. If we don't have lives that feel rich and satisfying, it's because we're getting something out of the life we're living. It may be the illusion of security. It may be the avoidance of fear. It may be many other things. It doesn't mean that you like it. It doesn't mean 'want' in that sense. It means 'want' in the sense of action. Actions are always proving what we value. It totally gets rid of victimhood. Security, comfort, certainty are emotionally high values, and we frequently choose those values above and beyond happiness, love, harmony, peace, enjoyment, contentment, fulfillment. Security doesn't get you those things."

"There is something that is totally natural, and is spontaneous, and really is about surrender, and there is a respect for that: it moves in its way and has its timing and knows what it's doing."

https://youtu.be/qn23B-Pj4gU

mqdefault.jpg

"Spirituality, if it's authentic, is going to be something that unites us to something that pulls back the veils that we look through without even knowing that we're looking through them because they become habitual. We look through these veils and our perception stops at the distinction and uniqueness of things."

"Even the world of awakening is a diverse world. The uniqueness of things prevails in any state we may be in."

"One of my central tasks is to give voice to a universal human experience. I'm giving voice to what we all know, even if we don't know that we know it."

"Teachings can pull you away from yourself, if you're not careful. You can be always searching for what some other teaching has defined for you as the goal, and it may or may not be yours."

"Some of our best opportunities to transform comes through difficult and trying times in life. When we suffer enough, then we stop holding things so tightly. Often what we're holding onto is what never is to begin with. The most difficult thing in moments like that is letting go of the fantasy that never was. What actually is, or what actually was, that can be challenging enough, but what's even more challenging is what wasn't and what won't be. We can grab innocently onto some veiling of experience that makes it far more difficult, and the difficulty is having some sense of what wasn't or what won't be. Life is different than I thought it was. I'm different than I thought I was. You're different than I thought you were."

"One thought believed sets heaven and earth infinitely apart."

"Just be honest with yourself and your own thinking."

"It's the truth that sets you free, not trying to maintain a particular experience. There is no such thing as the endlessly sustained experience."

"One definition of enlightenment: it's the total harmonization of body, mind, and spirit." 

"Any kind of unveiling requires a radical ability to be totally honest with oneself."

"What would it be if I spoke from the quiet place in me?"

"Have the intention to have silence from the head: skylike and spacious; silence at the dimension of awakened mind. Down here, the level of the gut, is the silence in the real ground of being. It has a different quality; it has no spatial quality at all: it's something more rooted. And then here, the level of the heart, there's intimacy and connection. This is where we perceive unity from. We can have intimate encounters, if we're here. It's an intuitive attuning. When we feel connection, how we act and move and speak will flow out of our intimate connection. Lean into your heart. It's a little nervous, because it's intimate; it's a little revealing. Play with it. Experiment with it. What would it be to be in the silent intimacy of the heart walking down the sidewalk?"

"That's what the human heart has to be willing to do: to be vulnerable. When the human heart gets connected with the spiritual heart, that's the part of you that's invulnerable." 

"The words aren't as important as the intimacy with which you're engaging. You're the benevolent presence that all that vulnerability needs."

"What would it be like to act and move and do and relate from whatever your current version of the deeper place within you is? Start with the small stuff: washing the dishes, walking down the hallway, or encountering somebody outdoors that might need your ear for a couple of minutes."

"I don't say this so anybody is overly aggrandizing themselves, because it's actually a humbling thing: the world needs you. It needs all of us. It needs each and every one of us. It needs anybody that's even endeavoring to be connected and to live from a place that's just a bit more connected. It's not just all an inside act."

https://youtu.be/CusOhtf7U0E

mqdefault.jpg

“Truth and love are the two most powerful embodiment tools you will ever have. They are the two tools you have to lead a benevolent, beautiful, and enlightened life.”

“To embody love is a commitment. It’s a commitment to be connected, to be available, to be undefended, to sense into somebody’s underlying sense of being, and to not be looking through a wall of defense.”

“Where love and truth come together is that the more truthful you are, the more connected you feel. And the more connected you feel, the more truthful you want to be.”

“To embody your deeper presence of being requires not only truthfulness but also love.”

“To be loving isn’t to be perfect—it’s to be connected and warm both with ourselves and others. It’s to be residing in the humble heart.”

"We meet as presences." 

"I'm not talking about absolute truth. There's also relative truth. What's true for you is orienting you in your life all the time."

"Be precise and accurate in your speech."

"Start by telling the truth all the time. Tell it to yourself. Tell it to others. Your personal truth is not absolute. It will change and grow over time. Truth is a demanding standard. It's not whatever conditioned thought comes into your mind."

"Totally honest all the time. Totally sincere all the time. Never deceptive. Never deceiving."

"Telling the truth is about being deeply and precisely honest. And being open to having your truth change."

"If you have a little sensitivity, you realize there's more than one way to tell the truth."

"There will be consequences to you telling the truth. People won't always like it. But if almost everybody doesn't like it, then you have to reexamine how you're delivering the truth. Or is what you're saying really true?"

"It's hard to manipulate somebody, when you've been totally honest."

"It will transform your life completely. Some truths create chaos. It doesn't mean it's going to work out the way you want. It will be controlled by the truth."

"We stop willfully trying to close our hearts, even if we have to say, 'No'." 

"What's one way to bring more truth into your life today, one small way, each day."

"Watch your life transform a little bit every day. And over time watch it transform beyond your imagination, and maybe it will help transform other lives as well. Or at least contribute something good and true for them. Maybe if enough of us commit to it, it could transform the world. Isn't it about the most worthwhile thing that we could be doing with our lives. What's more worthwhile than truth-telling and love and connection, embodying the truth and love at the core of our being, thus bringing a little bit of heaven to earth, one small act at a time. Start small. Start very small. And slowly work your way up to more challenging expressions and embodiments of truth and love."

"It may stretch you and challenge you, also beyond your imagination."

"Little committed moments."

"Be compassionate with yourself. Care about yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself. Life's a challenging thing for anybody and everybody. What's amazing is that we get through the gauntlet of life at all. It's a hell of a thing to go through a particular lifespan. Don't use your compassion to excuse dishonesty."

"Put attention on that quiet and aware presence of your being. And then seek to live it out truthfully, through truth, connection, and through love, and through compassion."

7 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Nice. 

I love authentic teachers like him. They're rare.

Adya sets an incredibly high standard. His talk on commitment to truth and love is one of his most formidable talks.

In the Face of the Infinite:

"Pay real close attention to the detail of what you're doing, to the way your body is moving, to your physical gestures, to what you're trying to accomplish. You will build this ability to focus on task and stay focused on task."

"What is life if not a given perspective."

"Just because you wake up from a dream doesn't mean you've dealt with the psychological forces and dynamics that are still there. We have to meet these psychological dynamics on their own home-turf, which is our own consciousness."

"You can't get very far in life without the ability to move through fears."

"I'm not only letting go for me. I'm letting go for all the beings that I will interact with in life."

"If you're listening deeply, you'll know what you need to do at the time you need to do it. What's this moment calling for?"

"All these teachings come from quietness, from a stillness; that's where we gain access to a whole other dimension of being. That's the avenue: through a quiet mind and an open, available, loving heart. I hope we pay attention to that during our day-to-day lives."

On 10/28/2022 at 0:15 AM, The Mystical Man said:

He values simplicity, the small moments of life, and the art of conversation

"When I’m talking about embodiment, I’m referring to the whole of life, including all of the small moments. The small moments are where we live 98% of our days." - Adya

If I could have only one favorite Adya quote, I think this one would be it:

"To me the deepest spiritual power is to be able to see moment to moment that you're only with yourself."

https://youtu.be/oxlx7pZ2IBk

mqdefault.jpg

"Don't move." 

"Meditation is a ritualized embodiment of something much bigger: it's about our whole relationship to life." 

"You can keep your body still. Your psyche is referencing the stillness of the body."

"Something is dissatisfactory about having an insight that has no impact on your life. Insights seek form; they seek individual expression." 

"Give it an embodied expression every day. Until it's just a way of being."

"Start small enough where you're guaranteed to succeed: What would it be like if you prepared and poured the cup of tea from the great heartfulness that you experienced?" 

"What if I had a conversation where I didn't violate that which I hold to be most valuable and true?"

"When the embodiment isn't totally cohesive, you'll feel that: it'll feel like you tripped."

There is no way to separate truth from the welfare of all, since the revelation of truth reveals that we are the world, the world is us. The whole universe is contained within you. That is not just transcendent truth; it is also experienced as boundless love and compassion. What I’m getting at here is our spiritual motivation. Love for all is an aspect of our true being. If we do not access this, we remain essentially self-centered. Wisdom without love can be callous and harsh. Truth and love are simply two sides of the same coin—they cannot be separated.

I have met many people who have had a partial awakening. They realize some profound truth, but their heart is still essentially closed. They are half awake, and therefore essentially self-centered. This same phenomenon can happen when someone awakens to boundless love but not deep wisdom. Either way, it is like hopping around on one leg. I think it both wise and natural to include all beings within our spiritual motivations, as well as our more personal motivations.

Of course we can build more spiritual-appearing egos around the identity of being selfless and a servant of the good—such identities are as unreal as any other. Nonetheless, an altruistic attitude (without the accompanying ego identity) is conducive to realization and a benefit for all.

Spirituality is, of course, about much more than having moments of sacredness when in supportive and non-challenging environments, as nice and as enriching as these moments can be. The “goal” (if I may use such a word) of spirituality is to be realized, clear, and fearless enough to meet and respond to the tremendous challenges of life from a revolutionary perspective.

Someone like Jesus had far from an easy life. It was not a life predominately defined by resting in the bliss of being, but of engaging with the sorrows of life from a revolutionary standpoint of wisdom, love, and fearlessness. Being rooted in what he called the kingdom, or the enlightened view, was not for him an end in itself, but rather an inner condition from which to engage with the challenges of life.

To embody any degree of realization requires us to uncover and expose those remaining mental and emotional fixations that inhibit the spontaneous movement of wisdom and love within our lives. For most, this is no small task. It all starts by taking full responsibility for our own inner and outer lives, and noticing the ways in which our own fear, judgment, resentment, and confusion cloud our ability to respond to the challenges of life in a wise and appropriate way.

It has been my observation that many people involved in spirituality are waiting for some great spiritual experience to make everything in their lives clear and solve all of their problems for them. This is a bit of an overstatement but not all that uncommon to varying degrees. Instead of trying to remain in a state of stillness, or peace, or any other state when dealing with the challenges of life, we are better served by seeking to act and respond with wisdom, clarity, and openheartedness.

I suppose that the most direct answer to your question is to go deeper and investigate the causes of fear, anger, jealousy, and control within yourself. Then you will find it more obvious how to respond to these qualities when dealing with others. There is simply no other option than to uproot the causes of human suffering within ourselves if we are to manifest the incredible potential for wisdom and love that lie at the core of our being.

You are the world, the world is you. Now let’s all act on it. And by doing so, we become more and more clear, more wise, and more loving. It is not always easy, but it is the only thing worth doing. And it’s up to each of us to do it.

Excerpted from Adya’s book, Sacred Inquiry

Great video about embodiment:

Great video on the discipline of meditation:

Good video about choice:

I really started to resonate with Adya in the last few months?? he’s is great 

nice collection ??

Great video on meaning: