Peace and Love

Kundalini Mantras

1 post in this topic

Hi Actualized.org Family,

So I've been taking this Kundalini class for over the last year and I feel absolutely amazing afterwards after every session. Has anyone else been to a kundalini yoga class?  We would chant these mantras from a different language and I never really understood what they meant so  I finally decided to look it up and see what I was saying. I was looking at a website that if you can chant these mantras for long periods of time (like 30 minutes) you can captures some real benefits.

http://www.satnamfest.com/blog/aad-guray-nameh-white-light-of-protection/

“When you cannot be protected, this mantra shall protect you. When things stop, and won’t move, this makes them move in your direction.” – Yogi Bhajan

Aad Guray Nameh is a very powerful mantra used for protection, to gain clarity, and to receive guidance from one’s highest Self. This mantra creates a protective field of energy around the person chanting, attracting abundance to them helping them live out their destiny.

The Mangala Charan Mantra (Aad Guray Nameh) can be chanted at any time, any place, whenever there is a need for protection. When chanted for 31 minutes, in any setting, it is a practice for covering and clearing the past, present and future.

You will often hear this mantra after the initial tuning in with Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo in a kundalini yoga class. Yogi Bhajan himself suggested chanting this mantra 3 times after you have started your car, before shifting out of neutral or park, to prevent any incidences on the road.

By chanting this mantra, you become surrounded by a field of white light of protection.

In Gurmukhi:

Aad Guray Nameh
Jugaad Guray Nameh
Sat Guray Nameh
Siri Guru Dayvay Nameh

Translation:

I bow to the Primal Wisdom.
I bow to the Wisdom through the Ages.
I bow to the True Wisdom.
I bow to the great, unseen Wisdom

This mantra is the Mangala Charan of the Sukhmani Sahib, a sacred prayer whose title translates as “Consoler of the Mind.” Guru Arjan, the fifth Sikh Guru, wrote this prayer.

It is often called the Mangala Charan Mantra, but it is important to note there is more than one such mantra. From Yogi Bhajan: “Charan means feet. Mangala means happy, happy feet. It means walk, talk, be rhythmic. And all those words in Siri Guru Granth which creates that rhythm, are called Mangala Charan. So, every Gurbani, every shabad has a Mangala Charan . . . Mangala Charan is the first magnetic touch, a vibratory touch of the soul and the Infinity.”

Through the protection we invoke, our feet can continue walking in happiness, and our mind can be consoled knowing all is in the hands of the great unseen Wisdom.