Peace and Love

Dropping The Roles You Play

9 posts in this topic

Hi Actualized.org Family!!

I had a few questions about the video Dropping the Roles you Play (I highlighted the questions in bold lettering).   Maybe you can help me! :)  Thanks!

***Copying and pasting my comment from the video section.  I figured Leo is probably super busy with updating the server and being plagued with emails and comments to answer at the moment. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh shit Leo!!! You caught me! Lol

Wow, just wow this really hit deep in my heart and my subconscious mind. This definitely is a button pusher and brings your insecurities right to the surface to be faced head on!

I definitely have more than three roles that I play on a regular basis. And I absolutely loved the worksheet. I felt like I was being seriously psycho-analyzed. You had some serious questions that just made my jaw hit the floor!!! Especially the one about how these roles play out deep psychological needs and limiting your growth in consciousness.

I do have a few questions though. I’m not sure if it’s better to ask here or in the forum. Just let me know and I can repost there if you want.

1.)   Where does this tie into my life purpose? A purpose usually entails some type of role you play to help society, mankind, the world. Is a life purpose considered an authentic personality and value?

2.)  Are all roles detrimental? I’m a healer and although it ties into my life purpose it also is helping me to go after the Ultimate Life Purpose, Enlightenment.

3.)  What if the role is a passion? What if the role made you a better person than you were before? I could drop the role as a healer and just think of things as just actions, or just being.

I know the roles aren’t everything because I’m an infinite being. The roles are ever changing as a part of growth and obtaining enlightenment.

I will tell you I felt a huge release when I dropped the roles while doing deep reflection. I just felt this huge emotional release. I felt freedom! I felt liberated!

Thanks again for all the work you do! This video was short and sweet!

I think the purpose to drop the roles is to remind yourself that the roles are just that, roles. So if you're carried away with purpose. You can drop it. And see that it was a role that you've been playing. Then, once you've seen that, you can go back to your role. 

This is one of those advice where you could overestimate it because it caught you off guard. Don't go and drop roles that are critical for achieving your life purpose. At least not permanently. Try to see where and when it fits in your life. 

It probably answers all three questions :) 

3 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

1.)   Where does this tie into my life purpose? A purpose usually entails some type of role you play to help society, mankind, the world. Is a life purpose considered an authentic personality and value?

2.)  Are all roles detrimental? I’m a healer and although it ties into my life purpose it also is helping me to go after the Ultimate Life Purpose, Enlightenment.

3.)  What if the role is a passion? What if the role made you a better person than you were before? I could drop the role as a healer and just think of things as just actions, or just being.

The role of your life purpose is different from the ego roles you created. If you genuinely pursue your life purpose and dominate it, you can become enlightened through that. You can perform any activity and if you become completely engrossed in it, you get a glimpse of the true reality. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

4 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

Your life purpose stems from your authentic values and personal strengths. You could say it stems from your authentic individuated properties. This can easily become a role you play and to some degree I'd say you can't help it because as soon as you get into something with passion and drive you'll get attached to it in some way or another.

The difference here is this life purpose game / role you play comes originally from something that is sacred to you, your highest values and strengths. It incarnates your authentic inspiration and is not something you do to impress others, be a certain way (to be accepted) or to push your ego only.

It goes deeper but yes it's a role. It's a lifelong balancing act not to get to attached to it and still completely embody it and use it. That's a paradox right here to embrace. :P

As stated above, if the role stems from your deepest values and strengths it is something good and not detrimental. Just be aware that it's a role and don't get to attached. I've you can do that you've really mastered it.

If it's a passion, go for it. If it made you better in some way it's probably just a temporary phase and it'll fuck you up later because every role has its limits. Be aware of that. Every role you play to be a certain character because you like it that way limits you and will come in your way eventually.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

"Healer", as in you are literally healing them with your energy, is a role.

"Healer", as in you understand they are healing themselves with the power of their mind, is not a role.

Because you are so passionate, you seek truth. 

By all means, God bless you and all healers, keep on healing.  

No truth - frustration, anger, resistance, blame.

Truth - love, liberation, well being, oneness, connected.

Which experience are you having in your healing? Truth or without truth.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

17 hours ago, Nahm said:

"Healer", as in you are literally healing them with your energy, is a role.

"Healer", as in you understand they are healing themselves with the power of their mind, is not a role.

Because you are so passionate, you seek truth. 

By all means, God bless you and all healers, keep on healing.  

No truth - frustration, anger, resistance, blame.

Truth - love, liberation, well being, oneness, connected.

Which experience are you having in your healing? Truth or without truth.

After some reflection, it looks like I'm having a mixture of both definitions of Healer.  This gives me something to work on.  I can drop the role and focus on the healing that my clients create for themselves....because initially it's there choice for healing...  they make the choice that they want to get better, and they took initiative. ;)

I definitely without a doubt have experienced Truth and without Truth with my healing passion.  I was struggling for a long time with getting my healing business off the ground, and I had a lot of frustration and anger.  I judged and over criticized myself for not being farther along, and more personally developed.  However when I shifted my focus to "SERVING" other people...as in showing love for other people, genuinely  caring about others well being, I knew it didn't matter how long it took to reach my life purpose of being a Healer. And that's because I can be serving other people on a day to day business just doing every day life.  I work a part time job as a cashier/customer service right now....and it really bothered me initially.  But I gotta tell you, I've learned so much from this job and SERVING other people, that I have no quarrels with it.  It's gotten to the point where I've really mastered the art for caring for other people and their genuine well being.  It just feels so liberating to give and to love.   I let go, and I just let everything be as it is.  I've learned that my MISTAKES have caused me serious growth spurts. :)  I also learned from this job that I also enjoy working with floral design.  I've kinda put my art on the back burner for a long time and I realized it's important that I "BALANCE" myself.    If you don't love yourself and go after what you want....you can't truly love other people and give back to others.   The Truth involves taking care of yourself. :)

1 hour ago, Peace and Love said:

@Nahm

After some reflection, it looks like I'm having a mixture of both definitions of Healer.  This gives me something to work on.  I can drop the role and focus on the healing that my clients create for themselves....because initially it's there choice for healing...  they make the choice that they want to get better, and they took initiative. ;)

I definitely without a doubt have experienced Truth and without Truth with my healing passion.  I was struggling for a long time with getting my healing business off the ground, and I had a lot of frustration and anger.  I judged and over criticized myself for not being farther along, and more personally developed.  However when I shifted my focus to "SERVING" other people...as in showing love for other people, genuinely  caring about others well being, I knew it didn't matter how long it took to reach my life purpose of being a Healer. And that's because I can be serving other people on a day to day business just doing every day life.  I work a part time job as a cashier/customer service right now....and it really bothered me initially.  But I gotta tell you, I've learned so much from this job and SERVING other people, that I have no quarrels with it.  It's gotten to the point where I've really mastered the art for caring for other people and their genuine well being.  It just feels so liberating to give and to love.   I let go, and I just let everything be as it is.  I've learned that my MISTAKES have caused me serious growth spurts. :)  I also learned from this job that I also enjoy working with floral design.  I've kinda put my art on the back burner for a long time and I realized it's important that I "BALANCE" myself.    If you don't love yourself and go after what you want....you can't truly love other people and give back to others.   The Truth involves taking care of yourself. :)

That's so beautiful!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE