Illusory Self

Best methods for working with trauma?

8 posts in this topic

What are the best therapies for working with trauma or any youtube channels anyone can recommend? 

I am wanting to do a lot of work on myself at home in terms of shadow work, inner healing, negative beliefs etc 

Interested to hear peoples recommendations :)

You can check out my youtube channel if you want to. I'm not currently posting because i'm doing work to be able to post better content in the future, but i'll definitely be posting more eventually. Trauma healing/emotional healing is my life purpose and I study this stuff a lot so the videos I have might be helpful to you

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

I had a similar question, here’s the thread, great stuff on here.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

You can check out a YouTube channel   Jordan Thornton - Inner Work

@Illusory Self Personally, I think getting started with DBT therapy (i.e. get a workbook on it) and watching videos by someone like Patrick teahan could be a great start.

Later down the road I think something like IFS could be great. I think its important to do some sort of depth psychotherapy at some point, to really get at the root of the issue, and IFS is an example of this.

Imo, tho I'd recommend experimenting with a few of the different types of therapies, i.e. emdr, polyvagal, gestalt, humanistic, etc, and seeing what you find gets you the results that you want. It might be that IFS isn't a good fit for you, and maybe gestalt therapy is, or psychodynamic therapy is.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

Kiloby inquiries

Are you a part of the members or any paid part?

Shame has come up for me and I want to heal it. But I don't want to sink money into it because I've paid foe goo much stuff in the past I didn't use. Can I make significant progress with just the free videos

Did you process your shame. If so, how?