Derek White

A Critique Of Actualized.org And Leo Gura

72 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2022 at 3:24 AM, ThePoint said:

Is it because when you awaken, you realise you’re the only person who can be God-Realized? And that others are a figment of your imagination, so “they” couldn’t possibly be God-Realized?

It's far more complicated than that.

Bottom line is, there are hundreds of different kinds of Awakenings, and at various degrees. Having experiences many of them, I can easily tell those who haven't. Your classical Buddhist style of awakening is very, very low.

Don't take it personally. Just keep your mind open to more.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's far more complicated than that.

Bottom line is, there are hundreds of different kinds of Awakenings, and at various degrees. Having experiences many of them, I can easily tell those who haven't. Your classical Buddhist style of awakening is very, very low.

Are the lower ones easier to keep permanently?

Edited by Jannes

35 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Are the lower ones easier to keep permanently?

Of course

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course

Would that make it reasonable to do buddhist like practices to get and keep mystical states like no-self and to do psychedelics to get glimpses of higher awakenings or do you think it’s realistic to also keep the higher states with enough practice?

19 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Would that make it reasonable to do buddhist like practices to get and keep mystical states like no-self and to do psychedelics to get glimpses of higher awakenings or do you think it’s realistic to also keep the higher states with enough practice?

That's a reasonable strategy.

No amount of meditation will get you to the highest psychedelic states. That's just the reality of the situation. Make of it what you will.

Edited by Leo Gura

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a reasonable strategy.

No amount of meditation will get you to the highest psychedelic states. That's just the reality of the situation. Make of it what you will.

After every psychedelic experience you take a little bit of consciousness with you. How would you compare the effectiveness of the psychedelic after effect with sober practice in terms of raising ones consciousness in the sober state? You are soberly in a very high state of consciousness if I understand correctly and that was mainly done through psychedelics right? So I don’t know yet how much sense sober practice does besides the sober practice where you set intentions for your trip. 

@Jannes

On 11/6/2022 at 3:24 AM, ThePoint said:

Is it because when you awaken, you realise you’re the only person who can be God-Realized? And that others are a figment of your imagination, so “they” couldn’t possibly be God-Realized?

It's impossible to explain to you here.

@Leo Gura why do some members have 87 mb file upload limit and some only 5 mb?

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

On 06/11/2022 at 11:24 AM, ThePoint said:

Yes

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

There's no person who is God realized.

A person is an appearance.

On 04/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, newbee said:

Good points!  Another red flag I can think of in relation to for example Igor Kufayev, is that I saw him talking while sitting on a chair (looked more like a throne) while his female devotees were sitting on the ground.  O.o

A sign of Hierarchy over Cooperation or Equality.

I had no idea who Igor Kufayev was, so I had a look at his website and there are indeed pictures of him surrounded by women while he sits on some sort of big white sofa and they are on the floor. 

Another picture of him I could find quickly was depicting him with his wife while he's showing her the way with his hands in a white, guru like dress. She's on the side, looking at the direction he's pointing. I've seen this kind of picture before, especially in weddings between people from countries with traditional values where the woman takes a subservient role.

It's hard to assess like that, but I must say I have been extremely disappointed by how some men would behave in spiritual communities, regarding women, but also everything remotely considered as womanly/feminine.

What I have finally come to understand recently is that spirituality, and the social circles around it, like many other areas of life, is influenced by the patriarchal cultural inheritance because it is all that has been known since the beginning of the formation of agrarian societies.

In this context, what Ken Wilber calls ascending spirituality is the norm, as opposed to what is called descending spirituality. And the shadow of the ascending spirituality is the descending spirituality, and vice-versa, but since the descending spirituality (which is the feminine principled aspect of spirituality) is the one that got repressed for millenium, those who managed to reintegrate it in part or fully tend to understand the value in both conception, while those that are predominantly following an ascending path do not. And the ascending path is characterized by seeking transcendence, and by understanding through predominantly mind-conceptualization, thoughts and ideas which creates the pitfall of spiritual bypassing, repression/suppression, or the illusion of knowing what the descending path is about through a vague idea of it. In all case, it is deemed as inferior and impure. The resistance to the descending spirituality comes from a form of literal disgust for the earthly. 

And what is very sad is that by trying to transcend and distance oneself from earthly reality through transcendence or the world of ideas, one makes earthly existence much more unpleasant than it needs to be for everyone. It also contributes to a vicious circle.

Another problem I see is that in order to achieve enlightenment one needs to be balanced between the two principles. The emotional component of the descending path and the relationship to reality is really important to recognize no-selfhood. Understanding non-duality from a theoretical point of view, or through the mind will do very little to dissolve the emotional sense of self. And the repression of emotions so typical of the ascending path creates a shadow that can be very dense and will pull the strings from behind... 

Not to mention that it causes a variety of psychological issues and unnecessary suffering.

Also, I know that every time I have transcended the ego in the past, it was because the opposite polarity of the ego's vibrational frequency (which is fear) had become dominant. So I think love/unity is what needed to be realized, like a secret key to undo the ego, so to speak.

On 04/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, newbee said:

Thanks for the video, I'll check it out!

You're welcome. She has a great number of video that are great on her channel. She's a force of nature, with a great understanding of the two polarities.

I can also recommend you to watch her videos on the Anima/Animus. Ultimately, being able to spot fast if a man's anima is well integrated will save you a lot of time. A man can only be with you and see you through an unfiltered gaze for as well his anima is well integrated. Otherwise, he'll project on you his shadow. It's very uncomfortable and it makes you feel amputated (both intellectually, and emotionally). 

And sometimes it is even simply dangerous in view of the fact that the decorrelation between the figment of one's imagination and what is really may be massive. Seeing people for what they are, not through a mind distortion is paramount to attune to their rights/needs.

Edited by Etherial Cat