Melo

Today I Decide To Leave My 9 - 5

3 posts in this topic

Today I decided to leave my current job, work for myself and no longer working for other company as an employee. Honestly I'm really afraid, I'm scared because I don't have much money to support myself although my wife can support me but i don't want to be her responsibility if I failed on my decision. I have a good position in the company and recently I got promotion and if i leave my job I don't that much money to support me but within my state of mind I can't work properly feels much better to leave the job. From the regular basis I contemplate my death, I felt that what I'm doing now was all nonsense and it affects my work. I submitted my first resignation last month, but  my boss did not accept it. Today I'm going to submit again another resignation letter because I could not work properly. I've been following Leo's videos and do meditations for 8 months straight day. Most of the people around me doesn't understand what i feel and looks I'm crazy. So I don't want to talk to them regarding about this path I'm taking because I'm just getting a mediocre information from them. Please give me an advice what should be my first Step to get into my purpose. How did you get out from the society system 9-5 job and get better?

@Melo

First of all, compliments on making the big and bold move. That takes some balls

Secondly I want to note that however it seems like you haven't fully thought this through? You need to have a plan of action and at least a scratch of your road ahead. Going all in without an idea of your next move could be unwise. Not trying to discourage you but Life purpose just as a house needs to have a solid foundation holding it (some capital to sustain you to start with).Meditation is great and will give you a lot of fulfilment but for a life purpose path to clear up for you, it may take while and a lot of hard and deliberate work,  and in the meantime it is good to keep the income flowing before you know what it is and have a visual image of your goal. 

However that being said, you now have all the time to do what you need to do. Spend your conscious time 100% dedicated to finding your THING. I suggest you consider buying Leo's Life Purpose course to get on track. It is an excellent way to dig deep and understand yourself on a core level and you can get through it in a week or two if you have enough time. I myself am 3/4 through the whole thing and already am seeing a lot of patterns emerging and maybe even the ultimate THING. 

It is important to establish a healthy routine and some sort of control mechanism to battle all cravings and distractions (internet, procrastination, TV, other...). Wake up early, eat healthy, cut all crap. 

Be prepared for opposition, arguments, people not understanding you, your family not supporting you. This is the world's means of getting the balance back. You swing the pendulum in an extreme direction and your surroundings will fight to swing it back and regain the balance. This is all normal. For most people this is a threat to their comfortable lives and it is dangerous. 

Arm yourself with patience and train your willpower. Develop a steady plan of action. Study, keep meditating and visualising, excercise to have a 100% support of your body and brain and things will start going your way. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Melo I saved up quite a bit of money, ignored my friends for several months, had a backup plan ready, and I correctly exited my company so that I still have the freedom to come back if necessary.  I then took a giant leap and made sure it would work.