Leo Gura

So.... I Achieved Insanity

210 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Hojo said:

God is madness but we all must be careful because there is a pit in madness that you will never be able to get out of even after death of the body. This is a very dangerous game 

how do you know this? @Hojo

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, vladorion said:

To say that you have to experience every state consciousness can have in order to know what consciousness is is like saying that you have to experience every shape gold can take to know what gold is.

None of the states of consciousness will show you what consciousness is. 

I don’t think Gold and consciousness can be compared symmetrically.

I think there is an asymmetry between them. 

Mostly because… when in one state (sober) for many years, after smoking some DMT my understanding of consciousness greatly changed. 

But, I’m also curious. If explore different states of consciousness don’t help you understand it than what does? Being it? Then why so many conscious beings not understand it?

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

But, I’m also curious. If explore different states of consciousness don’t help you understand it than what does? Being it? Then why so many conscious beings not understand it?

By exploring different states of consciousness you're exploring its content, which is limitless. You can have more, deeper and crazier experiences forever. Maybe until you get tired of chasing experiences and inquire into the nature of experience itself.

@vladorion But how do you come to understand what consciousness is? 

Also, how do you come do understand what gold is? Do you know what Gold is? What is Gold? Or atoms? 

are you familiar with the concept “structure vs content”? 

How do you know that different states aren’t structurally different, not just different in the content. How do you know there aren’t states that are structurally different that allow you to understand consciousness better than other structures?

My understanding of gold may even change with different states. So hmm I think that makes it tricky. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Going to the dictionary is going to severally limit our ability to understand what insanity is IF we truly want to know.

Anyone who is writing these definitions has more than likely never actually experienced insanity. So you understanding is purely conceptually and heresay upon heresay. Which is fine, but I would recognize it as such. 

I experience insanity in a outrageous way just once I think, was in a ayahuasca trip more than a year ago, it looked like a exorcism, I was speaking nonsense and moving very weird and random. I was aware of everything I was saying (without effort or input of myself) and what my body was doing but it felt literally like me (as a consciousness) watching a movie in a theater, not sure if it felt like that to you @Leo Gura, I even got to a point when I sayed my name, I could break the limit of what my name was and became all possible names hehe, I thought I wouldn’t comeback tho and thought I losed my mind forever, even started to think I’ll end on a wheelchair because I couldn’t take care of myself anymore, crazy stuff man. Hope you can ground well.????️

13 hours ago, Someone here said:

Why?  What the hell is the relationship between understanding consciousness and insanity?

You don't understand how malleable reality and consciousness is, until you start to see it morph and fall apart right in front of you.

Temporary insanity shows you just how much of your conscious experience depends on your senses providing you with consistent, reliable stimuli.

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

can you describe this experience visually?  Like what did you particularly see ? Because I can't make sense of pure insanity without imagining my visul field melting away into some salvia fluid trip.

Just one hit of THC vape blew my reality apart for around 6 hours. I can't imagine the insanity that something like DMT would induce in me.

Visually:

Walking down a hallway, or going up or down a staircase felt like a journey. At one point my wife came to the bedroom to check on me and I literally asked "Can I come visit you?" when she went back to the room next door. Because it was literally like having to walk halfway across town just to get back to the room next door.

Minor distortions, kind of like a video taken with a fisheye lens. Peeing into the toilet, it seemed a lot smaller and further away than normal. I felt like I was basically stuck cross-eyed for the entire experience.

At points it was like I was occupying two separate areas of physical space at once. I could see like a hologram or like a neon wireframe of myself a few feet away, and I could snap back and forth between them instantly.

True insanity is losing touch with reality entirely. But you don't even have to go anywhere near that far for things to get really weird. You can still be in touch with reality and only having a slightly distorted view of reality, and have it still be really messed up.

Think what it feels like to have your mouth frozen after the dentist. That's having your regular expectations modified only by like 0.0001% and its already weird and unnerving AF.

Now imagine if someone took your consciousness and put it into a fly. Suddenly instead of feeling and breathing and seeing like a human, you were looking through hundreds of eyes, you had no hands or feet and 6 legs. You're still occupying the same basic reality as when you were a human, but the experience is so alien that you almost can't compare them.

I can't even imagine what it's like to do DMT and lose all visual connection to reality, and have it replaced with an infinite tunnel of fractals.

I don't think it works like this: "My definition of insanity is the only true definition of insanity".

Or: "Only what I experienced is true insanity".

Edited by Blackhawk

Insanity is when you're convinced you'll have to eat an adorable kitten to get back to being sane again. 

In my humble opinion, insanity is accessing God's infinite imagination and not being able to realize that whatever you experience it's just You. In other words, not being able to manage the understanding that there isn't a difference between reality and imagination. 

Source: I have gone insane a couple of times myself :D

Edited by Brivido

Insanity is ablub blub blub 

◭"89"

@Twinstar  By first starting out how a person defines sanity and insanity, and discussing around these words first:

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@StarStruck

Okay, for you and every here, here's the definition:

insanity

/ɪnˈsanəti/

Learn to pronounce

noun

the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness.

"He suffered from bouts of insanity".

Similar:

mental illness, mental disorder, mental derangement, madness, insaneness, dementia, dementedness, lunacy, instability, unsoundness of mind, loss of reason, delirium, hysteria, mania, psychosis, craziness, crazedness, deliration.

Opposite:

sanity.

extreme foolishness or irrationality.

plural noun: insanities

"It might be pure insanity to take this loan".

Similar:

folly, foolishness, foolhardiness, idiocy, stupidity, imbecility, asininity, lunacy, madness, silliness, senselessness, brainlessness, thoughtlessness, irrationality, illogicality, absurdity, ludicrousness, ridiculousness, craziness, daftness.

Opposite:

sense.

These are the definitions I've provided; some I like and use in common parlance. If you or anyone disagrees, make the claim and construct your arguments for your case. Otherwise, your opinion is a figment of imagination.

P.S. I love how the opposites are 'sanity', and 'sense', the functional parts of one's mindfulness and awareness in the normal every day, and the similar words of insanity are 40-50. ?

Now we can have a good discussion.

17 hours ago, vladorion said:

To say that you have to experience every state consciousness can have in order to know what consciousness is is like saying that you have to experience every shape gold can take to know what gold is.

None of the states of consciousness will show you what consciousness is. 

Actually, to better understand what water is, for example, you should know not only its liquid form, but solid and gas as well. 

I understand Insanity Leo. I have been there. It's actually super fun once you surrender your mind and your fear and in a weird way it feels super healing. Like nothing matters in the world. And than God/Infinity takes you to super bizarre and wild places. It's super weird. Yeah, I also didn't get the idea that a mentally ill person actually suffers from real insanity, because insanity is to realize that fear is an illussion. It's actually more scary to realize that, atleast a schizophrenic person believes in fear and that is actually sanity. So insanity is beyond all relative notion. It's a feature of infinity. 

Dear moron,

I'm having a fun time at the insane asylum.

Wish you could read 

-Ren

Edited by Loba

Are you basically just using Leo the human as a vessel to see how exactly what consciousness is capable of at this point?