talktomeaboutprog

What's your breakthrough shrooms dose?

4 posts in this topic

I made a post last week about being scared of doing shrooms. 

I mentioned that I booked an Airbnb with my buddy and had committed to a trip, and we would take 2 grams each. 

Yesterday, that is what we did.

Going into it I was pretty uncomfortable because of the fear, and as the effects started taking place, my mood started to improve, and I started to see just how silly all this fear around tripping was. 

Shrooms kicked in gradually and gently, and although we didn't break through to a trip, I feel so much lighter about psychedelics after that experience. 

I see now - there's nothing really to be scared of, especially if you build your way up. The advice I received about "take a low dose and work your way up" really helped, so thank you to all who made suggestions, it was a really positive experience. 

Now - I want to turn the tables around and ask you -- what's your sex, weight and breakthrough dose?

I thought that 2 grams of golden teachers would've been enough for a mild psychedelic trip.

However, the even at the peak of the experience, it was something like a 5/10 on weed, both for my friend and I (25yrs/150-160lbs).

The plan now is to keep upping the dose until the breakthrough - next dose 2.5 grams, and then by increments of .25. 

I'd like to know -- what's your breakthrough dose into the psychedelic realm? 

I'm curious if 2 grams is just a low dose, if the shrooms I have are low potency, or if both my friend and I just need more to induce a trip. 

Well I am not sure what a 'breakthrough' with shrooms is supposed to exactly be, but 2 grams of mushrooms is less than 100mcg equivalent to LSD according to this (who knows how accurate) calculator, as long as it's Cubensis: https://tripsafe.org/lsd-shrooms-dosage-converter/.

That would be on the lower end of the common dose range.

I've found around 6 grams or more to be good for most purposes, I'm male and I weight a bit over 75kg. But as you said, I would recommend working your way up. You might find a lower dose better, I don't know.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Always the same question: what Do you mean by 2 g? Dried or fresh? 

Depends how aware you are and how strong your shrooms are. I've had breakthroughs with one gramm quite often but other times when my ego is really strong it takes 2-3g