Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BipolarGrowth

What is Enlightenment? In-depth breakdown using multiple traditions (video)

12 posts in this topic

@BipolarGrowth  Cool video bro! 

"between nothing and everything is" ?

- VA

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

good video

why doesn’t nirvana require physical death? isn’t this weird?

@nuwu well I can only say that some of what people call Nirvana/Nibbana is not just physical death but also the death of the universe and all of existence. It only entails physical death in the way someone might say they died while tripping although I will say it feels “more dead” than anything I’ve encountered on psychedelics. This is only one form and interpretation of Nirvana/Nibbana. The ultimate form of Nirvana/Nibbana in some interpretations does require physical death. It’s called parinibbana. 

There are a number of older interpretations of cessation where it was referred to as “extinction” which makes a lot of sense to me after having gone through it. It is in the moment of occurrence the “extinction” of EVERYTHING, at least for a brief yet seemingly infinite non-moment. It also makes sense to refer to it as extinction in the sense that the sense of self will never be the same and the old way of subtly reifying experience is no longer going to compute. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

@BipolarGrowth I'll have to give it another listen this coming week and write down a couple of questions for you if you don't mind answering them. I find your way of explaining and articulating to be very similar to Leo's style but something about it resonates with me on another level.

Heaven or enlightenment; truth is [impossible to articulate/fix verb]ing that even if there were no limit, or really even if there is no limit, it’s all good. As good as possible, actually. Infinitely, unimaginably good. No limit = death = everything = already this = nothing. The joke is there’s no one who can actually hold that, you’re already it. No separation, just God/emptiness, or whatever you want to call this. Reading this, it actually doesn’t even merit speaking ? but basically this can be summed up as:

The emptiness goes all the way.”

So doubt, attention, people, self, and everything are completely empty of being things.

[insert Mario Yippee or WhaHa sound]

(Buddhism in a nutshell)

(But really, what could be “beyond” that anyway… all paths of enlightenment lead to the same place — which doesn’t look like anything special to the one who gains energy from “special” in some personal sense)

Edited by The0Self

Stop spouting your buddhist nonsense here.

You haven't understood anything unless you've experienced insanity!

And an alien god-mouse consciousness...