Optimized Life

Mens rights & the dark side of the me too movement

61 posts in this topic

@Optimized Life  

To be a bit fairer to you and demonstrate to others how you've conflated the experience of rape trauma to the experience of false accusations and jail time, let's look at this from a different context and situation.

The context is fitness, and the issue is which fitness programs or which ways to exercise. What you did, is you took the power lifter/strongman's fitness program, were they prioritize lifting heavy to very heavy weights, with certain types and ranges of exercises, and you took the bodybuilder/marine/navy training program for endurance, and conflated the intensity of the power lifter/strongman fitness program and falsely equate that intensity to that of the marine's and the bodybuilder's, it's no big deal that experiencing high intensity can be highly traumatic and stressful, look at the marine's and bodybuilders! The D.O.M.S (damage onset muscle soreness) and higher metabolic stress is far more concerning. The main issue is you had to downplay the negative effects of the stresses of the strongman/power lifter, and by doing so, you've written off the experiences of the power lifter and strongman and over emphasized the troubles of the bodybuilders and marines.

Yes, in context to fitness, every type of fitness program is designed to increase some level of stress, in order for your body to respond and adapt to those stress levels, but that doesn't mean every fitness program is equally stressful and equally bad.

41 minutes ago, BenG said:

Does it hurt your little feels when feminists are rude to you? ?

Is that what this is really all about?

@BenG Then don't complain about my 'attitude', if it's something that trivial. 

@Ulax Sometimes people need to get a taste of their medicine. I don't have any stakes in this, I don't have an agenda to convince anyone. I'm still trying to make sense of how feminists get away with this level of self-delusion. On my end, this still is an open-minded discussion! 

3 minutes ago, BenG said:

I didn’t say it was trivial, but in some cases it is justified. Not in your case.

I say it is justified. My attitude, my opinion is what matters. You got a problem with that?! 

1 hour ago, mr_engineer said:

@Ulax Sometimes people need to get a taste of their medicine. I don't have any stakes in this, I don't have an agenda to convince anyone. I'm still trying to make sense of how feminists get away with this level of self-delusion. On my end, this still is an open-minded discussion! 

@mr_engineer Ah fairs my dude. Seems like I made a partially mistaken assumption about what you were trying to do.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

let’s remember to be respect and not let the thread turn into personal pettiness 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I guess OP is already done and gave up on this thread. Thanks guys, it's been a very fruitful and entertaining conversation, let's pick it up next time kay?

@BenG

1 hour ago, BenG said:

Since you found this community, I assume there must be some small piece of you that cares for the truth. Even if that small price is buried so deep that you’re disconnected from it most of the time. My suggestion would be to find and listen to whatever that is because I can guarantee with absolute certainty that whatever it’s trying to show you is not what you currently believe. 

Good day to you sir. 

Wait, so when anyone finds this community, they are automatic saints?

Oh, and is it piece, place or price? Peace? Pieces? Peaches?

@Thought Art

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

let’s remember to be respect and not let the thread turn into personal pettiness 

*Respectful, and full stop, or period. (.)

@Ulax

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

@mr_engineer Ah fairs my dude. Seems like I made a partially mistaken assumption about what you were trying to do.

Sorry, what did you mean when you wrote 'Ah fairs my dude.'? Is it similar to writing 'Ah, that's fine my dude.', or 'Ah, fair enough my dude.', along those lines of words?

@mr_engineer

2 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

I say it is justified. My attitude, my opinion is what matters. You got a problem with that?! 

Could you walk me through your justification, if you don't mind?

What did you mean with 'My attitude, my opinion is what matters.'? 

When you wrote 'You got a problem with that?!' are you joking or are you exaggerating a bit?

@mr_engineer

3 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

@BenG Then don't complain about my 'attitude', if it's something that trivial. 

What made you triggered against @BenG? Was it because of him misinterpreting what you've written?

If what you claim is correct to @Ulax, that you 'don't have any stakes in this, I don't have an agenda to convince anyone.', followed by 'I'm still trying to make sense of how feminists get away with this level of self-delusion.' why would you use syntax and exclamation to suggest you were surprised and frustrated in the following 'On my end, this still is an open-minded discussion!'?

@BenG

16 minutes ago, BenG said:

No? I don’t know how you got that.

Typo, you got me.

That was a guess on my part. Is my assumption wrong? If so, could you explain to me what type of person joining this online community looks like to you?

So, it really was a typo? If you don't mind, can you tell me if it's pieces or places or what would be the correct phrase and intended meaning you'd use? 

@Ulax

4 hours ago, Ulax said:

@mr_engineer To some yes, to some no. I think it would be pointless me saying it to some feminist demographics. 

I'm not actually intending to tell you to stop complaining. Its more that it seems to me you are trying to persuade people to your viewpoint and it doesn't seem like your strategy is v effective to me. To my mind, complaining isn't an effective way of persuading people to your point of view.

So, what would you say to @mr_engineer to help him improve on his persuasion tactics? What are some examples that would replace what you think is him 'complaining'?

@mr_engineer

5 hours ago, mr_engineer said:

@Ulax Would you be willing to say this to feminists? The bro-talk of 'stop complaining about the world and actually do something'. Cuz I think they really need to hear it. 

Say what to Feminists? And what type of Feminists are you referring to? 

@Ulax

5 hours ago, Ulax said:

@mr_engineer Dude imo if you give people lectures they tend to get more polarised against you. Do you want to complain at people or do you want to see the change you desire?

Imo, you can sit around all day complaining and saying the world should be this way or that way. I think i fucking get it. I often wish the world was another way. But, no matter how much anyone complains, the way the world is at the current moment is the way it is at the current moment. 

If you wanna bring some positive change, then imo you gotta be strategic about how you go about doing it. Imo the way you're communicating you're actually further enabling toxic feminine behaviours. The way I see you speaking seems to me to just play into toxic feminine narratives re those who call out aspects of feminism.  

So, do lectures equate to complaining, in your view? Do you mean the educated, academic philosophical lectures, or the colloquial meaning of 'lectures'?

If I want to bring some positive changes, what are some of those changes do you suggest to me?

@something_else

On 2022-10-18 at 6:35 PM, something_else said:

Most decent humans are going to take a girl seriously when she makes a reasonable sounding accusation of rape or sexual assault. It's just the decent thing to do. Most aren't doing it to be a white knight and get some sex.

I know guys like that exist but they're not especially common. Not as common as right-wing internet culture would lead you to believe.

Same goes for "white-knight soy-boy cucks". Those are all terms adopted from right-wing internet culture.

There are some people who you can tell get all their ideas about other people and groups from the internet.

Which decent humans are you referring to? And how do you know that most aren't motivated to be a 'white knight'?

@Danioover9000 Try to condense comments in to 1 instead of many. Avoid spam. Thank you ^_^

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?