Afonso

Odd Meditative Experience

4 posts in this topic

I'm having quite odd experiences while meditating and I can only think of this place to share them.

After lunch, I drank some coffee and went home to meditate. As I sat in my chair, I tried to focus my awareness on awareness itself, or what I currently feel it to be.

After 10 minutes, my tongue started levitating and vibrating. My whole mouth opened and my tongue touched the roof of my mouth while vibrating. After that, my heart started beating faster and faster, stronger and stronger. I then saw a very realistic image with my eyes closed. It was the image of a green object being hold by a human hand. It was so vivid that I felt scared. I have never seen such clear picture in my mind. Then, I started seeing multiple images, so vivid and full of colors. They didn't represent anything in particular, as far as I can remember, but they were so realistic and vibrant. After that, I felt that I wasn't located in space. I felt like I was spinning, but I couldn't tell exactly where I was. I intellectually knew I was in my bedroom, but it didn't feel like it. It didn't even feel like I was behind the eyes like I usually feel myself to be. Then, I opened my eyes. I looked at the white wall in front of me and, in a couple of seconds, I was seeing geometric patterns colored with blue and purple. These patterns were composed of hexagons or pentagons.

hexagons_5b_by_wuestenbrand-d4vil0l.jpg

Then, my alarm went off (40 minutes), but I stayed a little longer just sitting there and doing nothing. I was so amazed, that I closed my eyes again and, indeed, I could see colorful and vivid images, like never before. The effect wore off a couple of minutes later. It is no longer present. My heart rate also went back to normal.

What is happening? What is this?????? This just blows my mind. I would think of such stories as woo-woo a couple months ago. Probably not a big thing for guys that are doing this stuff for years, but I can't keep from showing my amazement.

@Afonso sounds pretty cool, I have never experienced that before (visual phenomena).

Everyone's different though, maybe its a sign you are heading in the right direction, keep going mate, I am sure there are more crazy things one can see in meditation.

Like Leo mentioned in his video, about things that can happen in meditation, i.e seeing Angels, demons ect.

That's probley after many years of meditation though, keep going! :)

2 hours ago, see_on_see said:

Holy fucking shit man, I meditated consistently for the last 3 years and the only time I experienced anything of this magnitude was on mushrooms, or in lucid dreams.

It's very interesting that you got this after 10 mins of meditation. 

Don't think that your experience is common. At least I don't think so. 

If it's true, your brain must be wired very differently. Have you ever tried any psychedelics?

Yes, I've done 5-MeO twice, but didn't experience any high level of consciousness.

@Afonso It seems you are naturally gifted. You just proved that the real, pure and natural way is much more potent than artificially induced stuff.

IMO, you are experiencing Mudras (google it), very common..

The visions etc. are common too (relatively speaking, ordinary people have no clue about these things). All you need to do is remain equanimous about these experiences, continue your practice, try to get established in the core, and ignore the stuff.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge