The Mystical Man

Just Stop Oil Supporters throw Soup over Van Gogh’s Sunflowers

23 posts in this topic

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

It actually does the opposite. It makes people hate your group and world view more, even if you are supporting valid causes.

Just the right example for today's new video.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

O.o what did Van Gogh’s art ever do

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I've read somewhere it's all a hoax made by an oil company, with that exact goal... To cancel and invalidate climate change activists and their work. Gotta search more about it though.

It just seems too stupid. No staff there to bring them out? All these cameras? Seems staged, really

7 minutes ago, something_else said:

It actually does the opposite. It makes people hate your group and world view more, even if you are supporting valid causes.

Force and Counterforce. The reason why people like Gandhi and MLK made a difference is because they embodied true Power.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Fossil fuels aren't the issue; you know that to be the case if you are wise enough.

During the Roman empire, the temperatures were a lot warmer.

Climate change is real — it is actually a natural phenomenon that shouldn't scare us.

Don't fracture civilization by imposing renewable green sh*t that doesn't work in the long run.

I believe that we're heading towards an ice age.

3 minutes ago, eTorro said:

Fossil fuels aren't the issue; you know that to be the case if you are wise enough

Which of course, you are

1 hour ago, J J said:

I've read somewhere it's all a hoax made by an oil company, with that exact goal... To cancel and invalidate climate change activists and their work. Gotta search more about it though.

It just seems too stupid. No staff there to bring them out? All these cameras? Seems staged, really

Do not spread unsubstantiated conspiracy theories here or you will be banned.

3 hours ago, J J said:

If they actualy did that it would be pretty clever but i think the reason they are so successful is because people destroy there own cause. No need for manipulative tactics when the competition self destructs. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

From a report I saw, the activists had checked in advance that the work was glazed, so the soup would cause no damage and could simply be wiped away

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

3 hours ago, something_else said:

@something_else I think it counterintuitively might actually be rather effective.

To my understanding, the suffragettes used to do all sorts of things that pissed a lot of people off back in the day for the women's movement.

I can't remember the name of the psychological model but I remember studying something about how minority groups provoke social change. I think the first step, in that model, is to draw attention to your movement.

Whether or not these activists here are thinking strategically like that is another question tho. 

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just the right example for today's new video.

Best video released since last year

This is just sad, I saw yesterday a video where two activists in Italy glued their hands to one painting. Causing harm to valuable paintings  will for sure get attention, but results it produces will be negative.

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

We also need people like this.

I agree with the provocation which can be an effective tool when it's done smartly but I don't agree with the way it's done here of throwing soup on a painting because It's irrelevant to the subject of halting new fossil fuel. It's not the first time that someone is doing that, has it changed something?

Let Love In

Disappointing. The real victim in all this mess is the painting the artist worked hard to create and poisoned himself over time to construct. What a waste and tragedy, to destroy pieces of an artist's legacy and tarnish it's history.

16 hours ago, Ulax said:

To my understanding, the suffragettes used to do all sorts of things that pissed a lot of people off back in the day for the women's movement.

I can't remember the name of the psychological model but I remember studying something about how minority groups provoke social change. I think the first step, in that model, is to draw attention to your movement.

Climate change movements don't need attention, everyone knows about climate change. What we need is more people on board with it. Stuff like this just makes people not want to associate with movements like that because humans are hard-wired to avoid crazy/unpredictable humans who act out.

11 hours ago, Something Funny said:

But most people aren't like. They didn't consciously deside that they will not support the movement because some of the activists are crazy or whatever. They are just passive, selfish sheep, unwilling to do anything that will inconvenience their lifestyle too much. 

Yea, but pulling shit like this is going to make those people even less likely to change their mind because now they can point and say "look how crazy the people in your movement are! we are right for not supporting it!"

People want to support movements that are strong, marketed well, and make them feel like they are a part of something important. They are hard-wired to avoid crazy.

What they did gives off very "I didn't get my way so now I'm acting out" vibes which the exact people they are trying to inspire change in (mostly older conservatives) absolutely hate.

11 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Also, as a side note. Isn't it kind of ironic that we as a society care more about a painting (yes, a great piece of art, but still just a painting) then about real suffering and real cruel shit that's going on around the world. I mean care emotionally. Like real criminals and people / companies who cause real damage to the world don't experience the kind of hate that those girls did, lol. 

Obviously this isn't ideal, but it's how it is and most likely always will be. So any movement for change has to be more skilful in producing change than just childish outbursts like this.

10 hours ago, Something Funny said:

I mean you basically have to be a zombie for 2 teenage girls throwing a soup at a picture to detemine your worldview. Especially since what they are protesting for is beyond just two of them or their organisation.

It's about marketing. Stuff like this influences humans in very subtle ways. It isn't really conscious. Just like how coke don't want their ads showing on controversial YouTube content. Consciously that seems dumb but sub-consciously your mind makes associations that hurt the organisation.

So apparently this painting was covered by plastic so it wasn't damaged.

Yeah, well, she's got a point, but I still don't think that this is a wise approach.

Edited by The Mystical Man

Your typical cringey pink-haired leftist stereotype that makes most normies hate the left.

It's like this girl hit every branch falling down the leftist tree.

Edited by Leo Gura