Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThePoint

How can I integrate Leo’s Self-Love teaching into resolving health problems?

17 posts in this topic

How can I integrate these teachings into resolving health problems?

https://youtu.be/4OmMpYa7R_U

Is the reason to why my health problems are still persisting a lack of self love?

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

2 hours ago, ThePoint said:

Is the reason to why my health problems are still persisting a lack of self love?

Yes, but you still need to find a solution to whatever your health problems are rather than just trying to love yourself. It's just that whatever solution that may be is a form of love.

Sometimes the solution is more obvious and intuitive, such as if you eat a lot of junk food and you are fat and your body is in poor shape, if you focused on loving yourself and body, it would be natural to move in the direction of eating healthier and taking better care of your body.

If you had an emotional issue or maybe some physical issue that is rooted in some unresolved trauma or imbalance in your psyche, you will need to learn how to resolve that and find techniques to deal with that, but the point of what Leo is saying in that video is that the techniques that you would use to heal yourself (assuming they are high quality techniques that work) are just a way of giving yourself the love you need, because all healing is love, and all dysfunction is a lack of love.

2 hours ago, ThePoint said:

How can I integrate these teachings into resolving health problems?

Just learn about health as you would normally, but go into it with the understanding that love is what heals you, and understand that you trying to resolve your health issues is just you trying to figure out how to give yourself the love you need. By understanding that love is what you're going for, that will help you determine which techniques are high quality and which aren't.

Taking an attitude of self-love and living your life that way is of course great and will promote great health overall, but there are issues, dysfunctions and imbalances within you that need to be targeted with love directly, in a specific way, with a technique. You're not going to solve all of your deep rooted problems just through loving yourself on the surface.

To be self-loving is to care enough about your own health and well-being, in every aspect (mental, physical, emotional), to seek out the wisdom you need to be able to give yourself the love you need in the way you need it. That is what will heal you.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Tristan12

7 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

Yes, but you still need to find a solution to whatever your health problems are rather than just trying to love yourself. It's just that whatever solution that may be is a form of love.

Sometimes the solution is more obvious and intuitive, such as if you eat a lot of junk food and you are fat and your body is in poor shape, if you focused on loving yourself and body, it would be natural to move in the direction of eating healthier and taking better care of your body.

If you had an emotional issue or maybe some physical issue that is rooted in some unresolved trauma or imbalance in your psyche, you will need to learn how to resolve that and find techniques to deal with that, but the point of what Leo is saying in that video is that the techniques that you would use to heal yourself (assuming they are high quality techniques that work) are just a way of giving yourself the love you need, because all healing is love, and all dysfunction is a lack of love.

Just learn about health as you would normally, but go into it with the understanding that love is what heals you, and understand that you trying to resolve your health issues is just you trying to figure out how to give yourself the love you need. By understanding that love is what you're going for, that will help you determine which techniques are high quality and which aren't.

Taking an attitude of self-love and living your life that way is of course great and will promote great health overall, but there are issues, dysfunctions and imbalances within you that need to be targeted with love directly, in a specific way, with a technique. You're not going to solve all of your deep rooted problems just through loving yourself on the surface.

To be self-loving is to care enough about your own health and well-being, in every aspect (mental, physical, emotional), to seek out the wisdom you need to be able to give yourself the love you need in the way you need it. That is what will heal you.

Thanks. Your signature is fitting :D 

@Leo Gura You’re currently dealing with health problems. How would you integrate Self-Love into your battle with health problems?

Some health problems will never go away no matter how much "wishful thinking" you have. It's just part of incarnating into this universe, on this planet, as this species. The rules that govern it make life challenging. At best you can try to cultivate your parasympathetic to heal the body through present moment awareness and cultivation of love, gratitude, and appreciation, but in some cases there's only so much good that will do. A type 1 diabetic won't wishful think a cure to their genetic condition, as an example. Same thing with any number of other congenial conditions. My bicuspid aortic valve won't fix itself. Leo's Thyroid issues won't magically disappear.

Yes I still subscribe to my "science" frame. :)  Sometimes it comes in handy. I'm trying to become more meta, though. Old habits die hard, that's the big thing. My ego loves it's candy.

Edited by sholomar

Love = non egoistic attention.

It is a shift from an egoistic perspective to higher self perspective.

Self-love won't solve your health problems directly but if you become a more loving person (and thus less stressed) less stress hormones will be released in your body and your body will repair more efficiently.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

Read more books on health. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

You need to unconditionally love yourself fully no matter what. Another alternative is to love God, knowing that God will love you.

23 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Love = non egoistic attention.

It is a shift from an egoistic perspective to higher self perspective.

Self-love won't solve your health problems directly but if you become a more loving person (and thus less stressed) less stress hormones will be released in your body and your body will repair more efficiently.

@StarStruck What if I don’t feel stressed as a result of apathy? 

13 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Read more books on health. 

@How to be wise This is the most logical advice I’ve read on this thread so far. Thanks.

Any tips on reading more?

6 hours ago, hyruga said:

You need to unconditionally love yourself fully no matter what. Another alternative is to love God, knowing that God will love you.

@hyruga If I unconditionally love myself, how will I ever improve? Won’t I just sit around doing nothing?

Or is it that if I unconditionally love myself, that means I know what’s best for me to do, and that improving myself is the most loving thing to do?

6 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@hyruga If I unconditionally love myself, how will I ever improve? Won’t I just sit around doing nothing?

Or is it that if I unconditionally love myself, that means I know what’s best for me to do, and that improving myself is the most loving thing to do?

That's a good question. I think the most appropriate solution is always to strive to do better but if you didn't do it, you don't overthink or scold yourself.

You can be angry and you quickly go and get your work done. But what if you don't do them? You don't cry about it. You forgive yourself and work again. 

What if you really need to cry? Well you can even cry but you don't self torture yourself even if you get nothing done.

The ultimate thing is you love yourself and put yourself as the number one priority no matter what. You work again as you aspire for something great.

https://youtu.be/8UuG13G1YRo

Edited by hyruga

3 hours ago, ThePoint said:

@How to be wise This is the most logical advice I’ve read on this thread so far. Thanks.

Any tips on reading more?

Leo’s booklist would be a good start. The health section has some amazing books.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Leo’s booklist would be a good start. The health section has some amazing books.

@ThePoint read Health and Recovery written by David Hawkins

In Tate we trust