Thought Art

Thoughts on wigs for men?

69 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Like, women aren't hiding they wear makeup, or even wigs, hair extensions, eye lashes, nails etc. 

Look, I am just working through my process here. Teaching Qigong I've been worrying a bit also that my ball head might lose me customers.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Thought Art  Yo dude, I reckon, if your finances are decent, get a wig when the time comes. Then experiment with and without the wig in places you can be relatively anonymous, and see what you like more.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

this is one of my favourite musicians,

He's bald AF but keeps the hair 

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura Like, women aren't hiding they wear makeup, or even wigs, hair extensions, eye lashes, nails etc. 

Look, I am just working through my process here. Teaching Qigong I've been worrying a bit also that my ball head might lose me customers.

Why it would make you lose customers? 

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

23 hours ago, Thought Art said:

So, I turn 27 in 2 weeks and the truth is: I am balding. I’ve struggled with this for awhile 

However, I recently realized hair systems and wigs are a thing and wondering if anyone has experience with them. 

Usually hair loss can be slowed and restored (with varying degrees) with finasteride and minoxidil. However this will depend on where you are on the norwood scale and you'll have to be on Finasteride for the rest of your life.

@eggopm3 Yesss, I totally thought of this also

◭"89"

@Tefikos I fear I will be unattractive to them compared to my head full of hair. My inner voice says "who wants to watch this bald guy to Qigong?"

Probably just a limiting belief.

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

this is one of my favourite musicians,

He's bald AF but keeps the hair 

Watch the first 10 seconds xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

◭"89"

You should spend that money to work on your self esteem instead. The wig is not the problem. The problem is you think that a wig will solve your insecurity, get you customers and get you a girl. 

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck I can get a girl and customers with out. But, I personally don't like my baldy bald bald.

I will get less girls and less customers because I am bald. Thats just how it works apparently.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@StarStruck I can get a girl and customers with out. But, I personally don't like my baldy bald bald.

I will get less girls and less customers because I am bald. Thats just how it works apparently.

Have you thought that it is just your belief that you will get less if you're bald, that makes you behave in less confident manner and that is why you end up getting less?

Leo is bald and still he gets the girls and people follows his work.

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

If you want to hold onto the hair you have then look into Finasteride, minoxidil, ketocortisone shampoo, micro needling and scalp massages.

I started balding in my early 20s and am using these technique to hold onto and even reverse some of that balding.

And if you have a few thousand dollars to shit out then you can always look into hair transplants. 

That said I also realize one day I’ll be as bald as Leo and I’m okay with that. I even shaved my head completely bald a couple years back just to experience the inevitable. 

A wig seems like it’ll just increase your level of insecurity imo. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I have two friends that are balding and they are younger than me.. it is brutal.  They've actually recently opened up about it to me and I told them to do whatever it is that will make them feel better about themselves.  I didn't tell them to "just shave it bro!" because IMO, that's somewhat of a cope.

Some people look terrible with a shaved head, no matter how much 'MUH CONFIDENCE' they say they have.  They go clubbing, to the bar or any other interaction and they are automatically filtered as 'the bald guy'.  It's a rough hand to be dealt as a man.

18 minutes ago, QQQ said:

It took me a number of years and a mushroom trip to deal with the self esteem issues of losing my hair.

I would try a mushroom trip to get to the root of the insecurity--which is absolutely okay to have about yourself and balding.  Hair has always been there since we were kids.  It was part of our identity (haircuts!  hair styles!) and to suddenly have it ripped out of your hands, out of your control, is brutal.  If you can find peace with it, that is the best option.

A hair system might work but it is ultimately a bandaid option.  Hair transplant could work but you run the risk of basically looking worst because the hairline could look fake if you go to a shitty surgeon and you could continue balding even with a transplant.

Shaving it could also work but you have to accept and find peace that you will no longer look like the sexy young man you were.  It's an acceptance thing and you must be at peace with it.

31 minutes ago, Tefikos said:

Have you thought that it is just your belief that you will get less if you're bald, that makes you behave in less confident manner and that is why you end up getting less?

Leo is bald and still he gets the girls and people follows his work.

Somebody who doesn’t accept and love himself as he is will have a certain vibe. Put a fucking wig on it and it doesn’t change the vibe. Perhaps it will make it even worse. The biggest attractor for a female is confidence and that can’t be bought at the price of a wig.  

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

@Tefikos I think part of it is that I was always good looking and women often complimented on my cute hair and face. I guess I’m just going through the grief of realizing I didn’t capitalize on it enough. 

It’s not the end of the world. I just liked having hair. Looking I’m the mirror I see this old fart lol

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I tend to go back and forth on it. Ambiguity. 

But, on my last date it totally fucked with my head. I think I used to find myself attractive and my hair made sleeping with girls pretty easy. Now, I have to relearn that people see me different.

◭"89"

33 minutes ago, QQQ said:

It took me a number of years and a mushroom trip to deal with the self esteem issues of losing my hair.

While it was tough for a while, I’m glad I did it. The first few months were tough.

Top tip, grow a sexy beard and you’ll look incredible.

Also, I wear glasses so it was even worse lol

I also think part of how I’m feeling is… I’m realizing my youth is officially behind me. Now I’m on my way to old age and death. I don’t feel like I’ve fully honoured my life. Sort of scary quarter life crisis. 

◭"89"