omar30

How to not take life for granted?

9 posts in this topic

Besides having a vision for life, how to have a zest for life in your journey ?

One way would be to intentionally get in touch with what you DO love about life/what you want out of life. By asking questions such as…

What questions would lead me to increase my love for life? What do I love about Life? 
What energizes me? 
What do I really want in my life? 
What would be the most meaningful life I could live? 
What am I doing that is disconnecting me from life? 
What is most meaningful to me? 

There’s a lot of great questions, look inside, the answers are there.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

Living is temporary. It's a temporary process, death is eternal. A human's lifespan is about 80 years if you're lucky and it runs fast. Once you die nobody cares, except people who love you but they also will die. You will be easily forgotten and all the people around you will be forgotten within a few generations. 

In a few generations it would be like none of us ever existed. The sun will rise and set as usual, like nothing really happened. 

Our ego believes that death isn't a threat for us, that we are immortal, but it's not true. We are finite, our ego and physical body is very temporary.

Relative to the age of the universe, our lifetime is a fraction of a second. It's nothing. Our current journey is short.

So get a sense of sanctity of life. Start to appreciate the small things that you're taking for granted. You're breathing and vitality, your ability to eat, sleep, walk, meditate, love, move, see, hear, touch, talk, laugh.

Start to live more in the present and honour every moment of life. Cherish every moment because it's a one-time moment.

Cherish yourself and love yourself and your unique personal subjective experience of life. No one sees and experiences the world exactly as you see it and experience it, your perspective of life is unique for, that should be honored, appreciated, and be lived. Fully.

Make a list of the things you love about life and contemplate how your life would look without them.

Remind yourself about the things you are grateful for. Everyday.

Life is beautiful, sad, happy, complex, boring, scary, annoying, wonderful. Life is many things. 

There are many people who are physically alive but they don't know how to live or don't want to live.

Living is a form of art; we are all artists. But many of us don't realize it. Many of us live so automatically, so mechanically.

It's like a painter who paints only boring lines with the same color and that's all he's doing in his entire career.

Or a musician who sings the same boring song again and again.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

Memento Mori.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

6 hours ago, omar30 said:

Besides having a vision for life, how to have a zest for life in your journey ?

I get my energy from positivity. Feel good have lots of fun with yourself don't take life seriously. Funfunfun

Edited by Chrisd

1 minute ago, Chrisd said:

I get my energy from positivity. Feel good

Yeah that's what a good vision should get you.

The real problem is how to not fall back into low consciousness which can be solved by a spiritual practice and surrendering to the truth.

Also one more point we should not get our positive energy from short term sources like music entertainment ect. At least not a primary source of course.

We should seek God's light the never ending source of joy & bliss.

@Lila9 @Arthogaan

It's not really about death depressed people take their life for granted they don't care about death they are already dead.

How I think about it is you should help humanity in a highly conscious way by doing meaningful work that's how you give thanks to the universe and be grateful for your life, not reminding yourself about things you are grateful for, all these things are given to you automatically by doing your LP or your mission.