EugeneTheSage

Sadhguru - black clothes attract negativity

35 posts in this topic

In this video Sadhguru states that black clothes accumulate whatever energy they have around them. He says 20-3%of people's emotional problems stem from the fact they are wearing dark clothes. At some point in my life I dreamed of making a full-black wardrobe. Now this idea doesn't seem so attractive - now I'm more into pastel, bright&colourful stuff.

Also Sadhguru has a video where he says crumpled clothes are full of negative energy

What do you think of these statements? Maybe somebody of you has high level of consciousness and have a perception of how black&crumpled clothes affect us?

https://youtu.be/kgPv87ZpJsg

He's an idiot, dude lol. He has that holy aura so I can't help but give him a pass, but if he was a random 20 year old on Twitter I'd think he's "TIMMYYYY!" tier.

8 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

What do you think of these statements? Maybe somebody of you has high level of consciousness and have a perception of how black&crumpled clothes affect us?

This is a relative non-metaphysical matter, even though it leans towards the "supernatural" end of the spectrum. It's like asking if alcohol affects the human body negatively. Awakening or high-consciousness states are not necessarily gonna give you insight into how alcohol functions in the body, similar to how it's not gonna tell you how black clothes are gonna affect you negatively. Awakening will, however, make you realize alcohol and black clothes are imaginary. Even psychic powers, although they are supernatural, are relative and aren't necessarily gonna give you insight on God or awakening.

Sadghuru is probably speaking from some Hindu/Ayurvedic perspective here, as he tends to do. You can try testing it out for yourself to see how it affects you, that's about the best you can do. Otherwise, such things are very hard to verify because of their abstract and qualitative nature. 

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

You can test it for yourself and see. 

Wear white shirts for a week 

Then wear black shirts for a week

Track and keep note of how you feel.

Sadhguru also says having long hair and wearing a copper ring will help prevent you from spontaneously and permanently leaving your body. But unless you're within the top 1% of enlightened people, for the majority of the population it's not a concern and they aren't sensitive/developed enough to notice a difference.

If it's an easy change for you to make and has no downside, then I guess just do it to be safe. Or at least avoid wearing black whenever you're going into very negative emotionally charged situations. But there are a lot of other things like your diet and sleep cycle you can change that'll impact you much more dramatically than wearing black.

Do an online test to determine your ayurvedic dosha, and then eat a diet in line with your dosha, and you'll notice a bigger difference than switching to all-white clothes. I have pitta dosha and I find that when I eat sweet, bitter, and astringent foods it really cools me down -- in terms of temper, anxiety, even body temperature. When I go back to eating sour, spicy, or salty foods it lights a fire inside me again. You'll notice the difference after 1 day. Sadhguru-approved advice. Every cell in your body is made from food that you put into it. Isn't it?

Edited by Yarco

Yeah, for sure I'll try. I'll move to a large city in the next week and would be able to go shopping around and I'll buy more clothes so I can at least experiment with wearing different clothes and noticing the difference. I'll check doshas

On 10/14/2022 at 10:11 PM, EugeneTheSage said:

Yeah, for sure I'll try. I'll move to a large city in the next week and would be able to go shopping around and I'll buy more clothes so I can at least experiment with wearing different clothes and noticing the difference. I'll check doshas

tried anything yet?

By this logic darker skin should also absorb more negative energy . . .

I knew someone who wore all-black clothes for the explicit purpose of having it suck up the negative energy so it couldn't get to him.

But I don't know why this "negative energy" being babbled about has to be a physical thing and not a mental one.

This is just mental energy, and the meaning of the color is relatively subjective.

Sadhguru also says Apple Cider Vinegar is poison, he has some weird takes.

Edited by Asayake

Sadhguru is a fake and now he is peddling superstition.  But that’s what sells.   People line up around the block to see his costume.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

6 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

@Asayake Not only him. Anthony Williams also says so. It is bad for your teeth for sure

I didn't know that. I have not looked into Anthony Williams work despite being aware of him. I will look more into the matter.

I don't agree with this, when I first started coming to understand the nature of dark energy, I had a dream where I was upset and cried out into the black void and a presence was there and held me close and told me to "be calm".  Later on, as I worked through my process years later, this colour came alive - like a clay substance - a material - and also an entity.  I could feel its nature when I wrapped myself up in my black blanket at night, and I could sense it pressing down on me from the dark night's sky.

When I dream of working with the darkness, although it can pierce - it goes right through me.  "Black" loves deeply.

Darkness/black is the first substance that came before light.  Nigredo.  Chaos.  Prima materia.

"I'm sure that most of you know the old story about the astronaut who went far out into space and was asked on his return whether he had been to heaven and seen God and he said yes and so they said to him well what about God and he said she is black."

Becoming Harmonious
Sensory Confluence
See through me
My only wish
To animate experience

I think people should be allowed freedom in what way they want to associate colours.  Black is my favourite ‘colour’.  But I associate it with death and negative energy sometimes.  I also associate it with beauty and numerous other things.  When I was in hospital for psychosis I changed my entire wardrobe from black to bright colours because I believed black attracted bad energy.  That was what I needed to do at that time. It was what was relevant for me.  Now I mostly only wear black again.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

Everyone knows the devil lives in the blackness of outer space.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Everyone knows the devil lives in the blackness of outer space.

Astronauts meeting space devils.  It's all been done before.

I met you
Before the fall of Rome
And I begged you
To let me take you home
You were wrong
I was right
You said, goodbye
I said, good night
It's all been done, done before

Sounds like BS to me.

Not every communication that comes from an enlightened person is or has to be true.

In my estimation, he frequently shares a lot of woo-woo beliefs and opinions, which are mostly based on Indian doctrines.

Edited by UnbornTao

Time to call out Sadhguru as a mythical-oriented person. He’s regurgitating Hindu beliefs without any critical thought. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@EugeneTheSage I mean it's obvious that black clothing don't attract/create the same kind of energy as other colours, but it's obviously an exaggeration to say that 20-30% of the problems are for wearing black clothing lol. That's ridiculous.

I love Sadghuru and I have him in high, very high respect, but the guy can also be wrong in some things too 

What you wear has a impact on your psychological state.

If you wear something outgoing bright and colourful you’re more likely to be confident, more sociable and feeling good that day.

Forget all the spiritual and metaphysical stuff it’s basic psychology. people are going to treat you better and they’re going to be more friendly to you. That will impact your state of mind for that day and overtime impact your worldview in a more positive direction.

We could rephrase it that 20-30% of problems are caused my the negative perception of aesthetic choices. That includes the design of buildings and architecture or the things we surround our homes with. There is high value in aesthetic intelligence. It’s systemically interconnected with everything.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?