at_anchor

Why is there something rather than nothing?

24 posts in this topic

there is something instead of nothing for a very simple reason: because there is always you. If you were not there, there would be nothing, no existence. but non-existence does not exist, it is obvious, since you exist. your existence is not the opposite of non-existence, it is something absolute, without an opposite. your existence has no beginning or end, since these limits would be non-existence, which does not exist. then, you can be absolutely empty of content, but you are aware of your emptiness. you exist as emptiness. and you, in the void, realize that you are all possible content. you are absolutely free to be everything. and since you can be, you are. so the answer is: because you can

On 10/14/2022 at 0:07 AM, nuwu said:

@Arthogaan could be interesting if leo made a fun, purposeless video about investigating why is there even something or nothing, at all. isn't consciousness the weirdest thing ever out of all theoretical things that could be or not be? im not talking about the spiritual definition of nothing as friction-less relativity, which equates something/form/formless. but "why is?". how is it possible for any experience to conceivably have a sense of being in any way? let alone a selective one capable of deep understandings (love).

ding dong

not possible

Consciousness is not only possible but necessary as it has no opposite 

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

On 10/14/2022 at 3:35 PM, Breakingthewall said:

it means that you have hit rock bottom, you know that nothing in this world is going to satisfy you

I hit rock bottom by not being able to get what would satisfy me in this world, instead of that I got stuff that's painful.;)

21 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

"why do I fuckin exist at all, I hate existing, why am I not nothing". 

Exactly

On 10/14/2022 at 3:35 PM, Breakingthewall said:

now you must go through a process of mental openness, of deconstruction of each one of your ideas that form the wall that isolates you, that creates the duality between you and what is not you

This sounds like a great goal, but I'm not gonna go after this now in an unhealthy body, surrounded by toxic people, food and water.

Edited by at_anchor