talktomeaboutprog

How to get over the fear of tripping?

27 posts in this topic

I've been procrastinating taking psychedelics because of my fear of tripping. 

How do I embrace the idea of tripping? 

I had quite intense shrooms and acid trips many years ago. 

And now I'm scared of that intensity. 

I'm fed up with being scared of this. I know I need to let go of that fear and allow the psychedelics to show me what they need to show me. 

But that fear is there. 

I booked an Airbnb with my friend for next Wednesday, and I'm committed to taking a full dose (at least 2 grams).

Today I took 1 gram to warm up for it, and honestly it didn't do much. 

I feel that this fear of tripping is stopping me from progress. 

How do I deal with it? 

Design a safe and reasonable protocol, and then just stick to it.

Trips really only go very wrong when your dose is too high. So just find your right dose.

And don't be afraid to deal with all the psychological stuff that rises. You aren't a snowflake, you can take it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Trip more. 

It took me 16 trips to work up to 4.5 grams. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Design a safe and reasonable protocol, and then just stick to it.

Trips really only go very wrong when your dose is too high. So just find your right dose.

And don't be afraid to deal with all the psychological stuff that rises. You aren't a snowflake, you can take it.

@Leo Gura Been doing 5-MeO for the last couple of years and wanted to try a mushroom trip again. I’ve done high doses before (14 Grams), but you’ve spoken about how different other psychedelics can be after 5. Not sure if you’re comfortable talking doses, but wondering what you’d suggest. Was thinking 2.5 Grams of Golden Teachers. I’d like to remember as much as I can so I can really integrate whatever I learn. Would love your thoughts. Completely understand if you’d rather not say ❤️??

3 hours ago, RyanK said:

@Leo Gura Been doing 5-MeO for the last couple of years and wanted to try a mushroom trip again. I’ve done high doses before (14 Grams), but you’ve spoken about how different other psychedelics can be after 5. Not sure if you’re comfortable talking doses, but wondering what you’d suggest. Was thinking 2.5 Grams of Golden Teachers. I’d like to remember as much as I can so I can really integrate whatever I learn. Would love your thoughts. Completely understand if you’d rather not say ❤️??

2g of mushroom is a nice, reasonable dose. 4g+ can get hairy.

@Leo Gura Literally hairy! I see squigglys and pubic hair chimpmunks arranging themselves into fallen sticks on 4+ grams

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

2g of mushroom is a nice, reasonable dose. 4g+ can get hairy.

Thanks @Leo Gura .. I appreciate your thoughts. And just curious, when you take lower doses of mushrooms in the 2 Gram area .. does it now take you directly to Infinite Love?  or are you more in contemplation mode?

19 minutes ago, RyanK said:

Thanks @Leo Gura .. I appreciate your thoughts. And just curious, when you take lower doses of mushrooms in the 2 Gram area .. does it now take you directly to Infinite Love?  or are you more in contemplation mode?

I haven't taken mushrooms in a long time.

At this point anything takes me super deep.

Edited by Leo Gura

I don’t know why you guys aren’t worried about getting caught. The last time I checked possessing a psychedelic is illegal. If you are ever caught, you’ll go to prison.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise different countries, different rules you know. 

Here in europe no one goes into prison if police sees you have something in your pocket. At least in my country the police has better things to do lol

Edited by OBEler

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I haven't taken mushrooms in a long time.

At this point anything takes me super deep.

Same. The subtle distinctions between them are still there, but they can all take me to infinite interconnection with a high enough dose -- all the classics/staples, anyway. And the "visual effects" of each have all but completely subsided. About 5-6 years ago, they all started to become "increasingly 5-MeO-DMT-like," until they maxed-out about 4-5 years ago... No "visuals" anymore.

21 hours ago, talktomeaboutprog said:

I'm fed up with being scared of this. I know I need to let go of that fear and allow the psychedelics to show me what they need to show me. 

I'm at the same place at the moment. Done 30+ trips but fear still creeps in. For me it's mostly the fear of fear itself (heart racing, fear of death) cause mushrooms freaked me out so much one time. 

My plan is to work up to it again but also leave time till it truly feels right. Subtle distinction between forcing it and chickening out. 

Fear can be healthy 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Develop a relationship with the medicine.  Talk to it and ask it to guide you.  Especially mushrooms, you can ask them for advice. You aren’t afraid of a friend who you know, are you?  Get your mind out of the scientific propaganda that makes you assume that you are only taking a chemical.  The views of a toxic culture don’t serve you.  Learn to connect with the medicine.

Some other suggestions of what you can do during the journey.   Focus attention on your breathing and follow your breath.  Have a mantra that means something to you.  Some suggestions:  “No fear”, “I am not afraid”, “Light, Strength, Love”, “I forgive myself, I forgive everyone else”.

When I was in the Amazon, Black Ayahuasca convinced me that I was going to die.  It layed out the case, piece by piece, and presented me with one terrifying vision after another.  I finally came to a place of peace and said “If I die in the jungle, that’s ok”.   A vision then appeared of two paths leading into a forest.  The one path was the path of imagination and fear.  The other path was the path of reality with no fear.  A voice said “choose the path you want to take”.     

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

The only way to deal with this fear is to get in a state of courage. Just think of all the anger you have because of your limitations based on fear and the things you want, who you could really be if it wasnt because of fear. Ofcourse, be conscious and rational, but literally get in a bravery state. Osho's book on courage helps me get in this state, plus deep contemplation of my highest potential. By this I dont mean getting into a high dose, just dealing with the fear at the dose you feel you can handle. 

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

Low dose is a way to go, increase it when you feel more comfortable and find psychedelics that works better for you. For example 2,5 grams is a perfect dose for me, I don't like at all how confusing mushrooms can be with higher doses. Fear to trip is normal, just remind yourself that truth and progress are more important than anything that might rise during or after the trip, you can handle it.

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

Some good advice on this thread. Take a low dose and work your way up. Eventually you will see that there is nothing to fear but you have to go through the fear in order to realize that yourself. In summary, the way out is through.

18 hours ago, The0Self said:

Same. The subtle distinctions between them are still there, but they can all take me to infinite interconnection with a high enough dose -- all the classics/staples, anyway. And the "visual effects" of each have all but completely subsided. About 5-6 years ago, they all started to become "increasingly 5-MeO-DMT-like," until they maxed-out about 4-5 years ago... No "visuals" anymore.

This is intersting i've also noticed a decrease in visuals the more i trip.(I have never done 5-Meo tho) Nowadays even on modertately high doses all I get is increased saturation. It's becoming more and more like just pure abstraction. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

50 minutes ago, Rigel said:

This is intersting i've also noticed a decrease in visuals the more i trip.(I have never done 5-Meo tho) Nowadays even on modertately high doses all I get is increased saturation. It's becoming more and more like just pure abstraction. 

Yeah that definitely seems to happen. Becomes more God; solipsistic; consciousness-expanding. Apparently Leo never even went through the “visual phase,” iirc from my time here on the forum. For me over the years it was sort of like visuals -> insights -> past life experiences -> infinity / God / solipsism.