Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lila9

Is this true that our consciousness decides when we die?

7 posts in this topic

I lost my dog... and I feel a lot of gulit about it, in the back of my head I believe that I could do more to keep my dog alive, even though I was a very attentive caregiver and she lived many years, more than expected for her breed and her health condition. So in order to comfort myself I watched a video about how to deal with pet's loss and the woman there said that feelings of gulit are natural when someone we love and are responsible for passes away but we should understand that the pet's consciousness or soul plannes its own death so no matter what we did, in the bottom line, it's out of our control anyway.

Is that true or it's just a new-age belief?

Do you think that our consciousness/soul knows when it's going to finish its journey as a physical body, even though the ego is very fearful of death and is in denial about it?

Do you think that we are, deeply in our unconsciousness, know exactly when we die? Or we, in the depth of our unconsciousness, have alredy decided our death time but our ego reaisting to be aware and unable to control it and only very enlightened people can access to the depth of their unconsciousness, plan and decide their death consciously?

I hear a lot about healthy people who die from obscure, silly and unknown reasons. Do you think that death is random or it has a reason? Maybe something that is related to Karma?

I'll appriciate your opinions.

Thank you.

Let Love In

Hi,

I’ve thought about this a lot and read a lot of perspectives. You have to tune in to your own intuition and feel your way to the perspective that resonates with you. 

I don’t think we consciously choose when we die. But the eternal part of us, our soul, has a much more sophisticated view of our journey on earth and when it sees that there is little potential for further expansion it chooses to leave this earthly dimension for other adventures. It might be at a time that doesn’t look right to others - why would a young person choose to leave when they seemingly have so much life yet to live?

It’s normal to think “what else could I have done” when dealing with a death. It’s because you loved your dog so much - you want to know you did your absolute best for her - that you honoured her completely. If you tune in to your heart, underneath the grief you’ll find a knowing that you couldn’t have stopped it. Wishing you the best 

Why do you assume your dog would even want to be alive still? With advanced age comes, usually, suffering. Joint pain for example. Just a lot of things that make life actually horrible to continue.

More than likely, your dog would be very happy with what has happened. To even care so much you also must have been a good owner. Some people just buy a pitbull or something and leave it chained outside all the time so they can feel macho having a dangerous animal... Or abuse/attack their pet...

There's nothing to worry about.

Death is imaginary.

No one has ever died.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

077f467942e81c20eb277e8fed175ac3--rainbo

@Lila9 From what I have learned and know about it, there is a bigger plan for everything, that is obscured when looking at it from down below.  The soul knows its entire "plan", but forgets when it comes here to learn lessons.  Everything that was going to happen, is happening now, but with the illusion of free will.  An animal soul that ends up as a loved pet is very lucky indeed, as it learns how to be an individual.  The soul starts to develop an ego - the next step in the process of learning that it is a conscious and self-aware entity.

The next life that your pet will take on, it will be even more aware of itself, and this process will continue on.  You are connected to everything that you think you lose, as we are all on converging paths.  Nothing ever genuinely goes away - you just can't see it yet.  But if you have an awakening into this, or when you return to your own soul family after "death", which is really just an interim in between lives, you will meet and be greeted by everyone.  Your pets, your family, your friends.

162237107-dog-or-cat-footprint-angel-wit

Edited by Loba

20 hours ago, Treetalk said:

Hi,

I’ve thought about this a lot and read a lot of perspectives. You have to tune in to your own intuition and feel your way to the perspective that resonates with you. 

I don’t think we consciously choose when we die. But the eternal part of us, our soul, has a much more sophisticated view of our journey on earth and when it sees that there is little potential for further expansion it chooses to leave this earthly dimension for other adventures. It might be at a time that doesn’t look right to others - why would a young person choose to leave when they seemingly have so much life yet to live?

@Treetalk I feel that in your words there's truth that I intuitively relate to.

20 hours ago, Treetalk said:

It’s normal to think “what else could I have done” when dealing with a death. It’s because you loved your dog so much - you want to know you did your absolute best for her - that you honoured her completely. If you tune in to your heart, underneath the grief you’ll find a knowing that you couldn’t have stopped it. Wishing you the best 

Thank you. I do love her so much; I always think about what I could do instead of what I did, maybe there was another thing that I could and it would save her, maybe. It's a never-ending loop. She trusted me and loved me and I feel like I kind of betrayed her, I feel that I failed at saving her. But when I look at this from a wider perspective, I realize that with all my love and good intentions, I did my best and my control of her situation was limited to begin with (which was very frustrating for me).

She is in a better place now for sure and she's no longer suffering. Only me, who is deeply attached to her and missing her so much.

19 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Why do you assume your dog would even want to be alive still? With advanced age comes, usually, suffering. Joint pain for example. Just a lot of things that make life actually horrible to continue.

More than likely, your dog would be very happy with what has happened. To even care so much you also must have been a good owner. Some people just buy a pitbull or something and leave it chained outside all the time so they can feel macho having a dangerous animal... Or abuse/attack their pet...

There's nothing to worry about.

@RMQualtrough She was pretty active for a senior and I hoped she would stay with me for at least two more years. She loved life so badly and was pretty strong. On the other side I understand that she suffered because she had a few health issues that got more and more complex with time. 

I'm glad that I provided her with a good life and so much love, especially when her life did not start well, her life started with abuse of her former owner. 

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Death is imaginary.

No one has ever died.

@Leo Gura I understand that, yet, it's not answering my questions. Even when death is imaginary, and no one has ever died, is that true, from what you know, that our soul, spirit, fragment of God, whatever is there, choses when to imagine the death of the physical body? 

16 hours ago, Loba said:

077f467942e81c20eb277e8fed175ac3--rainbo

@Lila9 From what I have learned and know about it, there is a bigger plan for everything, that is obscured when looking at it from down below.  The soul knows its entire "plan", but forgets when it comes here to learn lessons.  Everything that was going to happen, is happening now, but with the illusion of free will.  An animal soul that ends up as a loved pet is very lucky indeed, as it learns how to be an individual.  The soul starts to develop an ego - the next step in the process of learning that it is a conscious and self-aware entity.

The next life that your pet will take on, it will be even more aware of itself, and this process will continue on.  You are connected to everything that you think you lose, as we are all on converging paths.  Nothing ever genuinely goes away - you just can't see it yet.  But if you have an awakening into this, or when you return to your own soul family after "death", which is really just an interim in between lives, you will meet and be greeted by everyone.  Your pets, your family, your friends.

162237107-dog-or-cat-footprint-angel-wit

@Loba I relate to your perspective, that's interesting and well written. It reminds me that there's nothing scary about death and that her presence in my life was a part of her journey that never ends. Aww I miss my dogo.

Thank you for the cute picture and for the music.

Edited by Lila9

Let Love In

@Lila9 The dog is a part of you. Therefore you decided when it should die. As to why, it’s because you wanted it to die. Everything in reality happens because you want it to happen. No exceptions. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie