SelfHelpGuy

Struggles with “Doing what I Love”

13 posts in this topic

I am in love with food.

Food to me is literally love in physical form. 

When I get told to do what I love, I find myself using this as license to go to the shop and buy, big baguette sandwiches, slabs of chocolates, chewy strawberry candy, milkshake, Cadbury layer pots, paprika crisps- maybe even more. 

there’s not many things I’m sure of in life, but I can tell you now, I am in love with eating all of these things above. (Eating in general) When I do it and my body feels no repercussions it’s absolutely heaven for me.

However, I am starting to notice how it’s getting pretty difficult for my heart and will have to sometimes spit out the food in my mouth since I intuit something isn’t so good inside. 

I’ve ingeniously self deceived myself recently that with discovering so much more about consciousness capabilities that surely it could be possible to almost reprogram my mind and body inorder to withstand junk food (almost like some skill that can be developed) - I’ve genuinely believed this for a little bit and have been on quite the binge.

It’s very tricky because honestly when I’m eating and nothing goes wrong, I can honestly say that this is a life I love. I absolutely love it. Having my favourite foods, weed, psychedelics, girls, music, expressing myself, guitar, pizza, nights out, takeaways, tv shows- this is the life I love. 

1. Do you think it is possible to continue live like this and develop some kind of resistance to the food or is that totally delusional and tightly in the grasp of self deception?

2. How does one do what one loves when what one loves is junk food?

Help is much appreciated 

Edited by SelfHelpGuy
typo

So you're saying: I love heroin.

Unhealthy and addictive stuff is all too easy to love. You must pursue higher forms of love which require effort, maturity, and training.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The healthiest food is also the best tasting food; fruit, berries and melons!

2 hours ago, Paul5480 said:

The healthiest food is also the best tasting food; fruit, berries and melons!

You forgot kale, spinach and broccoli. 

xD

@SelfHelpGuy 

Study nutrition books.

Become aware of the consequences of eating junk on a frequent basis. And actually implement the information in those books.

Maybe reduce your sugar intake slowly so that your brain doesn't suffer intense withdrawal symptoms.

Edited by UnbornTao

It's all up to your values, if health is an important value to you it isn't going to be too difficult to eat healthier because it's already something you value. If it isn't an important value to you, then you won't care about health. You can always choose to develop your values or go in either direction.

35 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

You forgot kale, spinach and broccoli. 

xD

Those are actually pretty good though, maybe not the tastiest, but still good

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@SelfHelpGuy its okay to love food. Problem is your health will deteriorate if you don't understand proper nutrition. The factory chemistry processed junk food will kill you inside out with time. Períod. 

Why not fall in love with making your own amazing food? Spend a little more on the highest quality foods and cook them yourself. Master the process slowly, enjoy it with others, etc. 

Some ideas : homemade sourdough organic bread. Organic aged parmigiano regiano cheese. Air frier organic french fries, DIY fruit water kefir ( tastes 10 times better than fanta). All kinds of baked goods, even your own candy can be done  your own ice cream... 

Food can be enjoyed plenty if you take the health aspect as seriously as the taste factor, and if you consistently  do some almount of weight lifting and cardio i see no problem at all with this lifestyle. 

Its great to know what you love. You can leverage it as a reward for other more challenging aspects of your life.

Here is a playlist with over 70 ideas . These ideas are good enough generally. Do not take any advice from this dude besides nutrition, and even take that with a grain of salt

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@mmKayThank you so much for the thoughtful reply. I’ll do just this.

Edited by SelfHelpGuy

@amanen Thank you.

Btw your trip report on the Galaxy scale love was so beautiful and I use this as a reference for people when I’m trying to explain my own journey and where I want to get to. I’m so glad to of discovered it and I’m very grateful. 

Do you try to fulfil something inside with food? What do you feel when you get an urge to eat? Is there some need you try to fulfil with food? Are you trying to avoid something you feel inside with food?

Try to inquire these questions, when you find the root cause for your love of food and when you fulfil/fix it, the need wont be that strong anymore, unless you get starved.

Like I love coffee and can't think what my life would be without it, but I try to fulfil my need to feel loved and secure. It gives me the same feeling I had when my mother hugged me when I was a child.

Edited by Tefikos
Added context

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

@Tefikos it’s love.

I want to feel love.

Food gives me that.

and it’s heartbreaking because I know need to let it go ;(

Food is not love and you're using food as a substitute for love obviously aka emotional eating

Occasionally using food as a pick-me-up, a reward, or to celebrate isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But when eating is your primary emotional coping mechanism—when your first impulse is to open the refrigerator whenever you’re stressed, upset, angry, lonely, exhausted, or bored—you get stuck in an unhealthy cycle where the real feeling or problem is never addressed.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/diets/emotional-eating.htm

Watch this video below to remind you what this can lead to.  You have to value your health, because without it you will end up feeling bad and potentially very bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJa2thBJ8Fw

1. Do you think it is possible to continue live like this and develop some kind of resistance to the food or is that totally delusional and tightly in the grasp of self deception?

Unless you are already super skilled in applying the law of assumption/attraction which I doubt, you are being delusional.  I recommend the keto diet, but you will have to learn to be disciplined.

2. How does one do what one loves when what one loves is junk food?

Realize that you can make yourself feel good by developing healthy habits. Surely, there are things you can think of that you enjoy doing or explore doing. For example, music, (listening to or playing an instrument such as singing), art, sport, dancing, love making ...

The problem you will probably encounter is that you can not think of or haven't found yet something other than eating junk food to give you an as high pleasure.  You have to realize that junk food can not be the way to happiness and find out the truth as what is.  What is blocking you from feeling the love you already have inside of you and what are you potentially trying to cover up by indulging in junk food, you may ask yourself. 

Edited by newbee