Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marvelllious

Maybe you can live unaffected by other people

2 posts in this topic

How do you progress in self actualization when you're surrounded by lazy people? I do the work to blot out unconcious behavior and have been doing fine. I got the belief from somewhere that to be a winner you need a winner's circle. That sounds logical. In my school most students don't care about anything except pleasure and ego games which is fine but how do I communicate with them in a way to not adapt those toxic worldviews, bad habbits, ect... I don't try to be liked and I do not have a problem with socializing like in the past. I would just like to chat and express passion towards subjects. I realised when you don't bitch and moan for circumstances noone has anything else to say. @Leo Gura How do you categorize people in your life and in your daily life?

Edited by Marvelllious

A couple things to consider–

1) All of those ego games that you see in other people: see how you play those same games. And if you don't, then you're suppressing them, which is unhealthy. To be human is to exist as an ego in some capacity. I personally like to have friends from all stages of spiral/ego development (if you're familiar with those models). Doesn't mean you have to eat the pizza or smoke the weed per se. 

2) Your yearning for close friends of high-caliber intelligence and creativity is nothing new. That is mostly limited by geographic location. For me, I've been living in tight communities of <50,000 people my whole life. (Not so great, not very many originals or true creatives in these places. I live in Burlington, VT and people often call it the "Burlington Bubble" because of the rampant SD Green groupthink here.) I'm looking to move to Reno, NV and socialize a lot to fix this. 

Also consider joining online mens groups based around success/lifestyle. I've been a part of a few and now have access to like-minded people all over the world to hookup with. Met up with one recently and practiced a little pickup together and helped each other with emotional issues. "Winners"––or what I'd translate as 'highly motivated people'––are typically found online through memberships to these types of groups, at least for guys.

I guess what I want to know is where do you live? Is it adequate for meeting cool, creative people? If not, do you have an escape plan yet? If not, why not?

Deuces.