Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juan

My Full-Time Job Is Making Me Antisocial

2 posts in this topic

Since August, I been working on a health store supermarket, specifically in the deli area. I think I’m getting tired of the position, I don’t like to have headsets while I do other stuff on my area, I like to focus on one thing at a time, and not also have to listen unnecessary convos of my co-workers, I love them but, I’m aware of the shit talking habit. 

Back to the title of the post, I think I’m getting tired of being forced to socialize for 8-9 hours straight, calling out loud people’s food orders, I might want to consider to move to another same store but not having the headsets (and other situations), I feel a BIG difference when I don’t have them, I feel more aware of my space. My goal is to make enough money for purchase some art-tools (new laptop ? , etc.) and move out to a more private apartment or studio (I can hear my neighbors conversations, is tricky to get laid on my place without do too much noise??‍♂️). So yeah, my work is making me not wanting to socialice afterwards, just a reflection of these past months, I made some great contacts tho and observe my bisexuality at play which has been interesting to clear that up the type of people I’m attracted to.

Edited by Juan

Sounds like you have a long term goal so hang in there and keep your eye on the big picture, i.e your art. Also, consider finding a job that suits you more, if possible. Perhaps lone working somewhere. Night time security guard or something, where you can avoid listening to other people