emvipi

Would you opt for a life with no pain?

4 posts in this topic

Years ago, when I watched this, my answer was that I wanted to live in an "actual reality" so I wouldn't plug myself into this machine. But now I have doubts.

Since there is no external reality, and everything is your interpretations and your perspective with no objectivity to it, What's your answer to this thought experiment? And why? (Consider there is no hedonic adaptation in work)

Edited by emvipi

Not gonna waste my time with it because… there’s lots of pain in reality ahah

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

pain is sweet when you know it's love. refines you, removes superfluous fat, makes you firm.

Pain lets different types of pleasures come together, because it tells you what to remove from whatever mix of pleasure you currently have, pleasure accidentally increases pain when it isn't pure because it makes you increase the frequency and/or quantity of the action that leads to it more often/increases it's quantity, therefore one side tries to remove all suffering so that whatever pleasure is left is the pure one that can be increased infinitely without worry, the other side tries to increase whatever pleasures partly because  with enough indiscriminate pleasure across large enough time all suffering gets removed anyway because the inducement of pleasure indiscriminately increases everything which includes pain, which given enough time would get purified because of a few types of delusion like believing that some pain remover focused energy would increase anyway and therefore with your energy gift of pleasure it would have enough to remove everything, however both alone are false, for some reason the superior lifeform both removes and adds suffering and removes and adds pleasure, I think this is because of time itself and the simultaneous reality of others and of the solipsistic self.

Universes of only pleasure or on can't exist with multiple selves because by definition, all pain would disappear and made to be as if it never existed and all pleasure would also not need to exist because it is already itself, it wouldn't need other consciousness, I can see how you could have singular self based universes if you have just pain or just pleasure based universes as long as you added time to it, time here meaning infinite progression, infinite increase in pleasure and in the case of pain it's infinite removal, so pain(it's perfect removal)+time or pleasure+time is necessary for singular consciousness and intelligence.

The existence of multiple real solipsistic selves is possible in this universe that has the 3 conditions of pain, pleasure and time and furthermore it allows the physical existence of relatively unconscious elements which are compromised of mixes of simple yet unmixed types of pleasure/pain with sprinkles of time, like rocks, it's beyond me to know, fire is an example of a powerful element, these simple unconscious parts can be both completely intertwined with us or can be separated, we can choose, they can't much, I can eat an orange and we integrate in each other but maybe shit wouldn't, yet both can be absolutely useful, they can also be completely useless, therefore this reality allows all possibilities without limit as long as we fulfill our responsibility of always increasing pleasure and always seeking to remove pain, of who, of what, when, we don't have much choice until we also master time, I'm sure there are being who have these 3 elements mastered, both beings who care and who don't care, both beings who could be seen as utterly evil and utterly good and all kinds of shades that don't have to be in that gradient.