evgn

My brother told me he might suicide

5 posts in this topic

My brother is in depression and told me that he might suicide. What to do?

I think you should take him to a counselor as soon as possible and be by his side 24/7. 

Convince him that suicide is a bad thing. Also console and comfort him. 

Most people who are suicidal are that way only for a while, they feel depressed for some time and a feeling of helplessness causes a person to be suicidal. This usually lasts a day or two. Suicide is always a reckless impulsive instantaneous decision due to extreme frustration and helplessness. 

Usually these feelings disappear when the person begins to feel safer. 

Your job is to de-escalate and comfort the person as much as possible during this window period so their overwhelming feelings begin to diminish and they start feeling normal again. 

Usually a person doesn't want to kill themselves. It's a temporary feeling of desperation that shouldn't be ignored. It's a cry for help. Our survival instinct is very strong and generally overrides such feelings. A suicidal person is generally subconsciously looking for someone to listen and understand their overwhelming emotions, they are looking to be heard, to be listened and to be accepted. 

Talking about their problems and letting them open up while patiently listening and letting them open up is a huge key to stop a person from suicide. 

Be there for them at the time of need. 

Hope they feel better. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

ketamin prevents suicidal thoughts. He should try it out in good Set /setting

Edited by OBEler