fictional_character

Do u need to know mathematics to deconstruct reality?

21 posts in this topic

Im very bad in mathematics. This is an insecurity that hold me back from questioning reality more. 

At superficial levels, yeah. But not at extremely deep levels.

Not really

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Mathematics is a language to quantitatively describe with concepts,
Like all languages it can be useful in practice but not to understand the essence of what is described, not about reality itself
There do not exist real finite numbers like exact 1.0 or 2.0 or that 2.0 ist 1.0+1.0 
Numbers are simplifications within an infinite complexity
One infinity is not quantifiable to make a difference between 1 and 2 or seperations
If you look at whatever you are looking at, there is no function that could describe its complexity or that could say what it is
Physics has more reference to reality while mathematics can be used as an independant system

No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It's the other way around. You need to deconstruct mathematics to know reality.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No

Do you think reality is logical. I think reality is not logical at all. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

1 hour ago, GLORY said:

Mathematics is a language to quantitatively describe with concepts,
Like all languages it can be useful in practice but not to understand the essence of what is described, not about reality itself
There do not exist real finite numbers like exact 1.0 or 2.0 or that 2.0 ist 1.0+1.0 
Numbers are simplifications within an infinite complexity
One infinity is not quantifiable to make a difference between 1 and 2 or seperations
If you look at whatever you are looking at, there is no function that could describe its complexity or that could say what it is
Physics has more reference to reality while mathematics can be used as an independant system

I agree glory. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson logic is a construct. There are many different logic systems. So yeah, it's not logical, in a sense that there's some underlying logic that rules the universe at all times, in all cases. Humans would like it to be so, so they could ground reality in something, but no.

30 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Do you think reality is logical. I think reality is not logical at all.

There is a logic to reality, but it is not the standard formal simplistic human logic of science.

God's logic is not human logic.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a logic to reality, but it is not the standard formal simplistic human logic of science.

God's logic is not human logic.

Plenty of philosophers believed that God = logos. I find this accurate in the sense that God is creating reality following an intelligent architecture and has a "plan" for all his experiences. 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Yes, you need to know that infinity divided by any number = infinity, and that zero equals infinity, since anything divided by zero, even zero itself, equals infinity

I don't think you need to know mathematics, but you need to know what mathematics, in my opinion, it its essence, represents, and that is the knowledge of how to think clearly. I think, perhaps, Spinoza's Ethica can help you about that, because he says that what he is doing is mathematical and geometric thinking, but he's actually, basically, talking about understanding logic and logical thinking. 

I would personally have an insecurity if I leave some aspect of reality unexplored.

However being an expert in mathematics is different to understanding and appreciating the beauty of it.

Einstein's theory of relativity and his equations looks beautiful even though I don't understand what they really mean. Whatever you experience is truth.

For you maths, is nothing more than numbers on a page. That is reality. That understanding would suffice.

just stop thinking. You stop thinking here you will start thinking somewhere else.

@fictional_character I'd say no, you do not, and yet it can help to familiarize the mind with the patterns of the cosmos. Also note, what we are taught in public schools is garbage and so I'd reconsider your notion that you are bad in math. Occult Geometry is a great book which you can find for free online.  

https://archive.org/details/raleigh-a-s-occult-geometry

Edited by Johnny Galt

@Leo Gura "God's logic is not human logic."

A curious question which arose in reading your words; I wonder if there is a bridge between the two? Like the vesica piscis, do they overlap? 

I'd look into learning more about epistemology.

Maybe Leo's vid on why rationality is wrong could be thought provoking for you.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

7 hours ago, fictional_character said:

How could i understand Oneness or Infinity then?

It's more about getting rid of what you currently think you understand.

So, if you think you live in a physical universe, seriously probe at that conclusion you've made. How do you know the universe is physical? How do you know anything, for that matter? and then keep following that line of reasoning until those chains of reason are completely deconstructed.

You have to start from scratch, and you do that by questioning everything, even seemingly obvious stuff. You will eventually build a really good epistemology by doing this and you will become much more grounded. In your contemplation you will find certain things which you know to be 100% true, use that to build into your epistemological foundation.

Also, if you haven't already, watch Leo's older videos and build up to the newer ones. They will help a lot with building your epistemology.

Aside from that, shifting your consciousness to more expanded degrees through certain practices like meditation and psychedelics will allow you to see things more accurately, without really having to "logic" your way into it.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️