Nahm

Songs Written About Enlightenment

1,492 posts in this topic

Judging You not. ?

Great gift from Source That Now thread appeared Just as right PRESENT. 

Unwrap it silly ONE. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

This song, to me, looks like it's pointing to the Power of Realms Trap (@ 3:25). I call it the Everythingness Realm Trap. Or, it could be pointing to someone who keeps wanting enlightenment but forgetting to live life--The Enlightenment Trap (@ 4:48). Sometimes you have to wonder why self-transendance goes at the very tip-top of Maslow's hierarchy. The absolute isn't a realm or an obsession of the absolute.

@Key Elements As buddha says, there is a special type of ignorance- the 9th fetter, the 9th fetter is itself the 1st fetter aswell because it was the reason for seeking the path in the first place. 

THAT includes the seekers lifestyle ... a seeker does not live until he realises enlightenment, that was the point of persuing enlightenment in the first place.  still you are right about living life in the end... however, i feel it is just counter productive to the path and a distraction. Now if your in life or death situations, then follow maslovs triangle, but most people here are probably living a comfortable back ground-ish. 

also i have a warning for you 

what you glimpsed was a partial truth, if you follow shinzen young back to that place you realised.. it will only lead you into the enlightenment trap itself  

Call it brotherly warning :) 

still the actuality of the glimpse itself is the truth of the matter about the absolute 

Edited by Aakash

@Aakash but here's the problem. How can one person go up to another person and tell him or her an advice about the individual's personal path when the other person don't even know what's going on? You don't know the full details of the other person's path. You don't know my plans and intensions. It's probably the same as a dogmatic Christian missionary coming up to a person and saying, "you're going to hell because you don't follow Christ." Also, it's not one person's business to judge another's path. Judging misguides.

@Key Elements You do not need to know the other persons path, the path is the same for whom ever takes it and that includes the table and the chair in your room. There are variations of the path which make it more difficult. 

nonetheless, the result is the same. 

Truth for distraction 

This is not about following, this is about not following. 

I will say this, shizen young has it completely right... riding the ox backwards and everything. There are alot of people in a self-deceptive path itself and i understand where your coming from. However, there is an even deeper problem, with following someone into a brick wall. I am not hesitant to say that many have not transcended the ox. 

So i understand where your coming from, i'm just pointing you to a deeper problem that you will get involved yourself in, but if i communicate it to you, it will defeat its own purpose 

So i will say, be wary

@Aakash I'm not exactly sure what you're saying to me. It looks like you're saying that I'm following Shinzen Young to the brick wall. Well, you're mistaken because I was only commenting on that song using Shinzen Young's clips. It's only because he's articulate and clear. If you want to know something, I find Shinzen Young's teachings less addictive than Leo's. I find Leo's teaching like trying to search for the needle in a haystack. But, I'm not against Leo. Every teaching has pros and cons.