Marten98

Is lowering the Chelation dose always better?

9 posts in this topic

After completing my first three rounds of chelation, (for confirmed mercury toxicity) I have a few questions regarding the dosage of chelators.

Started my first round at 12,5 mg DMSA per dose. I felt very good during and after chelation. 

After reading that DMSA is less effective against mercury and not ideal for people with yeast issues, I ordered DMPS.

My round with 10mg DMPS every 7h went so bad that I had to quit after the second day.

So I halved the dose, based on the general recommedations in the ACC Facebook group, to 5mg DMPS on my 3rd round. Completed the round but redistribution symptoms are intolerable.

I have a feeling, that going even lower is bullshit. I see a lot of people in the ACC Facebook group that take doses in the 0. mg range.

Instincts tell me to jump back on DMSA, do a few rounds and try to double the dose. What do you think about this? Can dosing too low cause more harm than good? Of course,  Further down the round I want to introduce ALA.

(I read the books and even Cutler himself recommends higher doses)

Thanks to Leo's video I knew that a single high dose of DMSA, which was recommended by my doc, would be stupid. So I'm grateful I didnt make that mistake.

Its not bullshit its relative. If you feel side effect so easily that means you have a lot to be done and even very low doses will make a significant change. The reference point is the side effects and not the absolute number of mg. Every one is different.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch Thanks I just wanted to confirm it, since I saw a comment of Leo that mentioned that a 0.1mf dose of Ala is not intelligent. Dont quote me on it though. I guess this means I have quite a bit of chelating to do as you said.

Find a dose at which the symptons aren't too bad. Not rocket science here.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, Marten98 said:

After completing my first three rounds of chelation, (for confirmed mercury toxicity) I have a few questions regarding the dosage of chelators.

Started my first round at 12,5 mg DMSA per dose. I felt very good during and after chelation. 

After reading that DMSA is less effective against mercury and not ideal for people with yeast issues, I ordered DMPS.

My round with 10mg DMPS every 7h went so bad that I had to quit after the second day.

So I halved the dose, based on the general recommedations in the ACC Facebook group, to 5mg DMPS on my 3rd round. Completed the round but redistribution symptoms are intolerable.

I have a feeling, that going even lower is bullshit. I see a lot of people in the ACC Facebook group that take doses in the 0. mg range.

Instincts tell me to jump back on DMSA, do a few rounds and try to double the dose. What do you think about this? Can dosing too low cause more harm than good? Of course,  Further down the round I want to introduce ALA.

(I read the books and even Cutler himself recommends higher doses)

Thanks to Leo's video I knew that a single high dose of DMSA, which was recommended by my doc, would be stupid. So I'm grateful I didnt make that mistake.

DMPS doesn’t chelate mercury

DMPS doesn't chelate lead.

ALA chelates mercury only, but it does it the quickest.

*** The main thing to get straight is the round length — never ever less than 72 hours, at an absolute minimum. 2 weeks is ideal but not always (or perhaps even generally) feasible. And dose at proper frequency: e3h for ALA, e4h for DMSA, e8h for DMPS, or more often.

Edited by The0Self
DMPS does chelate mercury.

@Leo Gura I just saw a good amount of people talk about "jump rounds", where they went from very low doses to moderate or high doses and did very well. I now guess these people didnt try to find their tolerance dose but just started very low out of the gates. This made me thinking that going higher in dose might be the right move.

Since redistribution symptoms were insane, I'll probably go down to 1 mg DMPS.

@The0Self Thanks for the summary! From the things I read, DMPS does chelate mercury, it just doesn't cross the BBB (blood brain barrier). I've heard it's a smart move to reduce the mercury load in the body first, before going for the brain.

@Marten98

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol.html#Forms_of_dosing

Misspoke! Sorry! Let me delete that. Been a long time since I researched this stuff. DMPS chelates mercury-ONLY; not lead. Got it backwards. ALA is the only one that chelates mercury from brain. But DMSA chelates both lead and mercury, while ALA just chelates mercury (and possibly cadmium; arsenic; etc, which are generally nowhere near as bad as mercury). But ALA chelates both extra- and intra- cellular, and inorganic and organic mercury.

So if you want to chelate mercury, you could use any of the 3, but ALA is fastest (but you have to wait 3 months since exposure / amalgam removal to prevent net distribution to brain). If you want to chelate lead, use DMSA. Don't combine DMPS and DMSA. ALA can be used with either of those -- but always stop the ALA first.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self Thank's boss! It was today that I found out that I contracted Covid, so might not have been redistribution after all lol