ChrisZoZo

Is the universe infinitely old?

20 posts in this topic

Is the universe infinitely old?  Has anyone found that the universe is infinitely old from psychedelics or some spiritual practice? 

I don’t mean God “has existed in infinitely?” I mean is their logical steps (or illogical) steps that can be traced to back wards with the steps never reaching an end?

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Is the universe infinitely old?  Has anyone found that the universe is infinitely old from psychedelics or some spiritual practice? 

I don’t mean God “has existed in infinitely?” I mean is their logical steps (or illogical) steps that can be traced to back wards with the steps never reaching an end?

yes, but this is part of what you have constructed as God.  You have imagined everything back to the big bang.

You are not going to like this answer.  But you are eternal and without cause.  Any cause is self construcdted.  And yes, you can trace that back.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Good question :)

Let's propose the following :

Proposition A: The same cause always produces the same effect, and the same effect never arises but from the same cause. 

Proposition B: All chains of causality have neither a beginning nor an end.

Proposition C: Attempts to find an absolutely “first” or “final” cause entail resorting in one form or another to a miracle or super-natural force.

Think of proposition C in a pragmatic way. Meaning, if a rational explanation for the world in the sense of a closed and complete system of logical truths is almost certainly impossible, then an understanding of its existence and properties lies outside the usual categories of rational human thought. 

Therefore the universe didn't have  a beginning. But  was always existing. And If it was caused ..then whoever caused it is beyond time and space altogether. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

51 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You have imagined everything back to the big bang.

So it’s not infinite because the Big Bang it’s a start? (A start is a human concept and I understand it might be infinitely long in time it’s self even it’s no time long.)

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

@Inliytened1 if you were to be so kind to give me a very large answer. 

@Inliytened1  I bring this up as Leo said what he noticed in one of his awakenings that you can look at any point and it will be a point in time with Time going off in infinitely long duration forward or backwards. 

I could ask what dose he mean by that? @Leo Gura

Yes, but it is also infinitely young/fresh, because you create all of it each second.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

This whole dream that you are having that contains starts with your direct experience, you imagined the Big Bang as an explanation as to how and why you are here. The Big Bang did not actually happen as you just imagined the dream directly out of nowhere with no processes required for it, the Big Bang is a support of this in order to provide content, backstory, and explanations to what is happening in your direct experience, but it is practically speaking equivalent to actually having happened, because you imagined it like that.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Under the panentheism model, God encompasses the entire universe, but is also something larger than the universe.

I think it'd be more accurate to say that time is something that only exists within the universe. God is outside of time and space entirely. Or rather... space and time is contained entirely within God, but within a larger wrapper that's free of space and time?

It's possible (and I think probably likely given the Big Bang pointing at some kind of starting point) that the universe is finite, within an infinite God.

@ChrisZoZo

4 hours ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Yes, the universe is infinitely old, from all the gold it still owes me.

That's what Infinity means.

It's not just old, it's untouched by time.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The universe doesn't have a beginning, which is something you can discover via omniscience or omnipotence. And the big bang is essentially a human delusion, it involves an explosion bringing time and space into existence, when in fact time is eternal as there would need to be a time prior to time in order for time to come into existence.

It's possible however for Earth's specific spacetime continuum illusion to have entered existence, but only within another spacetime continuum illusion that existed before it. And at some point, you have eternity if you go back far enough in history, as otherwise, you'd have an infinite regression loop with no beginning which would be the same as time never having existed at all.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

On 05/10/2022 at 6:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

That's what Infinity means.

It's not just old, it's untouched by time.

Is this answer in part produced from the new style of thinking that you’ve got which is thinking of infinity in crazy new way?

What was before big-bang, is what you are now, in this moment. Everything between was your imagination of yourself. You have imagined yourself infine time in infinite ways and keep doing it to the infinity and beyond. This is the ethernal dance of oneness, experiencing itself in infinite ways. 

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️

2 hours ago, ChrisZoZo said:

Is this answer in part produced from the new style of thinking that you’ve got which is thinking of infinity in crazy new way?

No, that's just standard spiritual understanding. Nothing new about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5.10.2022 at 2:42 PM, ChrisZoZo said:

So it’s not infinite because the Big Bang it’s a start? (A start is a human concept and I understand it might be infinitely long in time it’s self even it’s no time long.)

Interesting train of thought. Something related that came up for me: cause and effect seem to be concepts which are so ingrained in the human psyche because it's the mechanism keeping us functional and surviving.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Leo Gura  Oh maybe I’m thinking into it too Deeply lol.

the big bang occurred at the same rate as your birth occurred, or last year. From the absolute perspective, you're imagining last year right now. it only exists right now and you are imagining everything, nothing happens, everything is imagination. only the absolute is. same with the big bang. from the relative perspective, yesterday happened. and the big bang too. but... actually the relative perspective is imaginary. reality is absolute. nothing happens, nothing happened, nothing will happen. just imagination now. it is the empty infinity imagining. like a movie. behind the film there is nothing. it is a thin layer, as thin as light. only appearances. behind, the absolute emptiness. scary right? you have to dive headfirst into that total void to understand infinity, the source. god. The total glory. It's unthinkable. 

and the thing is, is there only one apparent reality? mine? The answer is: for me, yes. there is only my perspective. the self that writes now is a perspective. It really is absolutely nothing, it has the consistency of a projection, a hologram. all the colors, the sensations, the memories, are nothing. delusion. but the trick is that there are infinitely many of these simultaneous illusions, and each one is absolute to itself. when one bursts like a soap bubble, it's as if it never existed. the absolute remains. the relative is illusion.

Edited by Breakingthewall

Damn the fact that I wil literally be doing this dreaming forever and ever is simultaneously overly satisfying and disappointing.

Disappointing because all the awakening work you do in this life will go to waste once you go back to sleep. Then suffering and shit will start from ground zero once again. 

Satisfying because I don't feel compulsion or hurry to do or feel or be anyway because I am literally here forever.