Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Recress

About Family dynamics and transactional relationships

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I'm from Asia and from where I grow up, it's been a custom to never question family tradition and parent-aunt superiority just because they are your elders.

Here's my question:

1.) Is it the same in the west or any part of the globe that you always need to be responsible for your parent(s)? Meaning giving them always money.

2.) Sometimes I wish was normal like most people in society, but it's not. I have tried that before and it makes me miserable. Now that I am starting to get out of my shell, people are sabotaging my success, even my mom doesn't understand what is it that I am trying to do.

For context, I am actually living far from them (takes a 1hour) plane, but in the same country. It's been on my mind for a while now to migrate, but I don't want to be stuck to 9-5 job.

All I want is the freedom to do whatever I can aaaahh.

1. In the west, usually the parents have more money than the young, and the parents help them till even 30s. There are a few exceptions, those who are more traditional, are close to their parents and help them with what they can.

2. Just distance yourself from toxic people, they are everywhere no matter the country. I know it is hard but it is better than getting frustrated all the time and even getting a disease from all that sadness and emotional repression.

Breaking from wage slavery is a tough one, you need a way to help people through a skill that passionates you, easier said than done. Do you mean that were you live now you`re not stuck to a job?

@Alexop

1.) I hope that was the case, living in the 3rd world country, parents are expecting their youngsters to make up for the expenses they spend on their children, sick, and stupid traditions, I'm actually trying something different this holiday by not going home lol.

2.) Yeah I started that early this year with friends that I meet up with from time to time. Just that, they are good people to hang out with, but that is all.

Only 'good'. Nothing new, no growth, nothing deep. I sometimes wonder if I'm just there as their therapist lol. Same thing when I went home to my birth town. Nothing new, just the same old town, with boring people contended with their daily boring lives.

I am working on that since I've read a lot of books about services to others and creating value, I am actually working on a personal project.

Just have to vent out because sometimes, you can't prevent communication with family members out of the blue, but I am making schedules now.

Also, I'm working in a job. Just got lucky that I'm allowed WFH, so I have some extra free time to do my thing than spending my time in the traffic.