thenondualtankie

Is it possible to increase your baseline level of intelligence?

18 posts in this topic

According to modern psychology this is basically impossible if you measure intelligence with IQ.

Leo talks about states of super intelligence he's accessed though, which massively intrigue me. One thing I'm wondering is, do these states of super-intelligence correspond to better abstract reasoning? For example, does it make you a better problem solver, or a better mathematician or a better computer programmer?

The main thing I'm wondering is if it's possible to increase your baseline level of intelligence. Whatever we mean by intelligence, I'm still not sure.

Shinzen Young and Frank Yang said Enlightenment made them significantly smarter.

4 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

According to modern psychology this is basically impossible if you measure intelligence with IQ.

Standards measures of IQ don't properly capture intelligence.

Leo talks about states of super intelligence he's accessed though, which massively intrigue me. One thing I'm wondering is, do these states of super-intelligence correspond to better abstract reasoning? For example, does it make you a better problem solver, or a better mathematician or a better computer programmer?

It makes you more intelligent. That doesn't necessarily translate into math or programming, although it might.

Better abstract reasoning? Definitely.

The main thing I'm wondering is if it's possible to increase your baseline level of intelligence. Whatever we mean by intelligence, I'm still not sure.

Yes. I've become much more intelligent just in the last year through my awakenings.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

For example, does it make you a better problem solver, or a better mathematician or a better computer programmer?

If you become too intelligent, you automatically see there are no problems to be solved. 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes. I've become much more intelligent just in the last year through my awakenings.

Maybe not just awakening. Science says DMT is good for brain, like alzheimer disease. It can produce neurogenesis (new brain cells). 

10 hours ago, OBEler said:

Maybe not just awakening. Science says DMT is good for brain, like alzheimer disease. It can produce neurogenesis (new brain cells). 

Maybe. I just notice my thinking capacity becomes deeper and more multi-dimensional.

@Leo Gura the highest correlation for  intelligence is to your working memory. It is cruital for Fluid intelligence.

Did this improve? Can you hold more things in consciousness short term? 

Edited by OBEler

@Tahuti  It depends on what type of intelligence one is referring to. Nootropics might give you more concrete mental intelligence. 

Kundalini awakening, which is a completely different type of awakening, will increase your spiritual and Psychic intelligence. 

23 hours ago, Tahuti said:

Same. I find using peptides and the right chemicals can increase intelligence. Awakenings and jnanic states definitely increases intelligence. Chelation and decalcification definitely increases intelligence. But, is it measurable? What would aliens say?

Edited by Kalki Avatar

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. - Jeremiah 33:3

https://open.spotify.com/track/4V0rRwRqhFPxSJb40XmKA1?si=lNN5hNRPTxi6zNzzi9gFqw&utm_source=copy-link

On 10/5/2022 at 11:29 AM, thenondualtankie said:

No, it's possible. There are methods out there to increase IQ

"You cannot increase IQ by practice" - Mensa

However, you can improve how well you test by getting a good night's sleep, eat healthy, perform memory-increasing exercises, reducing stress, and a bunch of other stuff.

Also there's more to intelligence than just IQ.

On 10/5/2022 at 5:15 PM, OBEler said:

@Leo Gura the highest correlation for  intelligence is to your working memory. It is cruital for Fluid intelligence.

Did this improve? Can you hold more things in consciousness short term? 

I would not measure intelligence like that at all. That's not what intelligence is.

Generally speaking your working memory will decrease with age, but your intelligence will increase if you are developing yourself.

Edited by Leo Gura

Memory is a fool's intelligence. 

;)

Edited by UnbornTao

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I would not measure intelligence like that at all. That's not what intelligence is.

Generally speaking your working memory will decrease with age, but your intelligence will increase if you are developing yourself.

@Leo Gura Is intelligence the ability to see things more clearly? Such as understanding multiple perspectives and other stuff that we develop by listening to your teachings.

I'm still dumb and stubborn like an old mule in many aspects, but I feel more intelligent after you came into my life :x

1 hour ago, Vibes said:

@Leo Gura Is intelligence the ability to see things more clearly? Such as understanding multiple perspectives and other stuff that we develop by listening to your teachings.

Intelligence is observing patterns and finding relations between those patterns. 

5 hours ago, Vibes said:

I'm still dumb and stubborn like an old mule in many aspects, but I feel more intelligent after you came into my life :x

See my video: What Is Intelligence?

I'm pretty sure Leo says that it's consciousness and/or holistic comprehension.

So that's how he's been improving his intelligence over his last few awakenings. He's becoming more conscious and presumably having a higher holistic comprehension because the depth of his thinking has increased.

Still watch that video though. I don't want to misquote a source.

Edited by Magnanimous