NoN-RaTiOnAL

Main Distinction between leo and other spiritual schools

61 posts in this topic

Hi 
from my understanding so far i can see a clear distiction between leo's teachings and the old school teachings

The main goal is LOVE in both teachings in the sense that LOVE is just the total embracing and acceptance of reality(which is the SELF) and see it clearly and truthfully. 

In buddhism the main goal is achieved through making the mind silent and so non-reactive to experiences, which allows the mind to totally accept reality as it is. 
In leo's teachings this is achieved through a new level of intelligence which is beyond human. an intelligence that understands reality and SELF at such a deep and profound sense that there is no need for a silent mind. your personal mind is God and in IN LOVE with itself completely. 

The goal is LOVE.
the debate is whether its achievable through "shutting OFF" or "turning ON" the mind. This is something to be explored personally to realize what is true. 

Am I getting this right? 

God probably has a hard time making up its mind what it's about ;).

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Shutting off your mind is good, because you have an eternal inner mind, that is the God mind, that never is quiet, so you allow your human mind to merge with the God mind by being quiet. 

The main thing is to understand that everything is consciousness, everything is thought, therefore if you can truly stop thinking, everything, including you yourself, will dissappear for everything is thought. 

And when I say everything will disappear, I mean everything will disappear, you'll not even be able to experience any sense experiences, but you know what, your nature is creativity, and that's why you cannot stop creating. 

It is because nothing and something are the same, being and not being are the same. So you cannot really, in that sense, ever stop thinking anyways, but you can allow yourself with the deep thinking that is eternally going on "within" you. 

6 hours ago, puporing said:

God probably has a hard time making up its mind what it's about ;).

its funny how lots of folks here always like to make witty remarks which really dont help. are you trying to sound smart and above me? nice try. 
i was asking a question btw

4 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Shutting off your mind is good, because you have an eternal inner mind, that is the God mind, that never is quiet, so you allow your human mind to merge with the God mind by being quiet. 

The main thing is to understand that everything is consciousness, everything is thought, therefore if you can truly stop thinking, everything, including you yourself, will dissappear for everything is thought. 

And when I say everything will disappear, I mean everything will disappear, you'll not even be able to experience any sense experiences, but you know what, your nature is creativity, and that's why you cannot stop creating. 

It is because nothing and something are the same, being and not being are the same. So you cannot really, in that sense, ever stop thinking anyways, but you can allow yourself with the deep thinking that is eternally going on "within" you. 

yeah you could frame it that way, i agree. 
do you agree you have two ways of getting there? one is making the "ego" mind quiet and one is reaching super-intelligence? 

ThErE aRe No DiStInCtIoNs REEEEEEE!!!!!

It's all a load of shit though for real. Like my result on the quiz last night. 17 out of 30? Holy fuck. It's the sports rounds... I think I actually got every single sports question wrong.

18 minutes ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

its funny how lots of folks here always like to make witty remarks which really dont help. are you trying to sound smart and above me? nice try. 

yeah you could frame it that way, i agree. 
do you agree you have two ways of getting there? one is making the "ego" mind quiet and one is reaching super-intelligence? 

Well, they are pretty much the same thing. The superintelligence is God, and if you quiet your "ego" mind, then the only thing that is, ultimately, left is the God mind. 

30 minutes ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

No, I am pointing to a legit issue from the perspective of "God", when you realize God (at various levels), you are then faced with the question of how and what to share. The ego/avatar is going to come up with different answers to that question depending on its situation and agenda. And the sharing is also a game you're playing with yourself to various degrees to keep yourself entertained. 

All I'm saying is you can ponder what it might be like to be in that position. ;)

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

2 hours ago, puporing said:

No, I am pointing to a legit issue from the perspective of "God", when you realize God (at various levels), you are then faced with the question of how and what to share. The ego/avatar is going to come up with different answers to that question depending on its situation and agenda. And the sharing is also a game you're playing with yourself to various degrees to keep yourself entertained. 

All I'm saying is you can ponder what it might be like to be in that position. ;)

I agree basically there are no wrong answers, just some are more wholisitic. But at the end of the day just like you can't grasp air with your hands you cannot grasp infinity. Only experience it and attempt to describe it.

Edited by Razard86

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

The goal is simply understanding & consciousness. Whatever that entails you just accept.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The goal is simply understanding & consciousness. Whatever that entails you just accept.

there is something in that that smells strange to me, like an ego. the goal is to understand...that is, you want to remain an ego that understands. if you completely renounce your ego, it does not matter to you to understand, you want to open yourself to reality, to be it. being so, it is understood by default, but in an indefinite way. instead by wanting to understand you want to preserve the integrity of your ego. you want your ego to conquer god

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

there is something in that that smells strange to me, like an ego. the goal is to understand...that is, you want to remain an ego that understands. if you completely renounce your ego, it does not matter to you to understand, you want to open yourself to reality, to be it. being so, it is understood by default, but in an indefinite way. instead by wanting to understand you want to preserve the integrity of your ego. you want your ego to conquer god

No. There is nothing more fundmental than understanding. Understanding is God's business.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Isnt that what gods ultimately wants himself, to get all the available information/perspectives/experiences and so on about himself?

As yogananda has said himself and others:  The time you're not seeking god, time is gonna be wasted

Edited by Jowblob

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

19 hours ago, NoN-RaTiOnAL said:

Am I getting this right? 

Yes, you have a clear understanding of the differences which exist between Leo's methodology and that of Buddhists. Though, as it's probably become obvious, you seem to have missed the fact that Leo essentially has one goal, at least consciously anyway. And that's the quest to obtain the most accurate understanding and knowledge of the truths which are of the greatest importance. This is contrasted by Buddhism's prime motivation of the reduction of human suffering, which is mostly unrelated to truth-seeking.

However, these different motivations have some parallels in that because Buddhism seeks to accomplish this goal via spiritual means, they accidentally stumble on the kinds of truths Leo seeks out from time to time. I'm speaking here, mostly based on my own experience, where I accidentally awakened trying to acquire certain special knowledge for purely utilitarian reasons through spiritual practice. As such, it makes sense to me that Buddhism's similarities to Leo's teachings arose in this fashion.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

@Leo Gura To play devil's advocate: Why would Buddhism stipulate that "all understanding is illusory"?

15 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

@Leo Gura To play devil's advocate: Why would Buddhism stipulate that "all understanding is illusory"?

Because to awake means to stop thinking.  Meaning the ego mind.

You need to not know.

Yet, paradoxically, (because reality is a paradox from the finite POV) you will KNOW and GRASP everything when you awake.  This is because God is ominisicient. It has a complete understanding of everything without knowing.  God defies logic.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

God defies logic.  

We invented logic, so it's only logical that we would be beyond its grasp and any limit-defining capability logic may have.

4 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Why would Buddhism tell us that all separate beings are an illusion occurring within one entity? Why would they tell us that reality is a dreamed-up illusory existence? There are many things that Buddhism has gotten right. All because, at least this is my own personal hot take because the Buddha is an import from India, and Hinduism/the Yogic traditions are among some of the highest quality religious/scientific communities in history.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

8 hours ago, UnbornTao said:

Cause they lack understanding ;)

When your goal is to shut off the mind, then yeah, you might as well just lobotomize yourself. But that will not get you God-Realization, you'll just turn into a housecat.

Shutting off the mind is NOT God-Realization.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Cause they lack understanding ;)

When your goal is to shut off the mind, then yeah, you might as well just lobomize yourself. But that will not get you God-Realization, you'll just turn into a housecat.

Actually, it's because any form of intellectual understanding is not anywhere near actual understanding (being). The only way to truly understand something is by directly being it. The only way to truly understand anger is by being angry, the only way to truly understand happiness is by being happy, etc. Any theories of anger or happiness are at best inferior versions of the real thing, and sometimes even a completely distant thing. So that makes all intellectual understanding illusory, and therefore Buddhists are right about this.

Shutting off the mind is NOT God-Realization.

Shutting off the mind is a pointer to the purity of raw being that is uninterrupted by the illusion of thoughts. A simulation of that state if you will. It's, in essence, God-embodiment.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Buddhism doesn't stipulate that all understanding is illusory.

In fact buddhism is all about understanding. It's just not an intellectual understanding but a direct insight into the nature of reality.

The practice is all about generating insight rather than shutting down the mind.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Actually, it's because any form of intellectual understanding is not anywhere near actual understanding (being). The only way to truly understand something is by directly being it. The only way to truly understand anger is by being angry, the only way to truly understand happiness is by being happy, etc. Any theories of anger or happiness are at best inferior versions of the real thing, and sometimes even a completely distant thing. So that makes all intellectual understanding illusory, and therefore Buddhists are right about this.

Shutting off the mind is a pointer to the purity of raw being that is uninterrupted by the illusion of thoughts. A simulation of that state if you will. It's, in essence, God-embodiment.

Beingness is not sufficient for God-Realization.

Understanding completely transcends thought, reason, and langauge, yet it employs them to do its work.

57 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Buddhism doesn't stipulate that all understanding is illusory.

In fact buddhism is all about understanding. It's just not an intellectual understanding but a direct insight into the nature of reality.

The practice is all about generating insight rather than shutting down the mind.

Of course in pratice Buddhism is all mind. Just another dream you got lost in.