Asayake

Flowers for Algernon - made me cry

6 posts in this topic

Thought I'd put up a quick book review here. I wish there were spoiler tags on the forums because there are some specific things in the book I'd like to share my thoughts about but I can't do so without risking spoiling the book for people who haven't read it.

This book was, in my opinion, amazing. It was a very sad and beautiful read. I was tearing up on multiple occasions while reading it. There's one part in particular that I can't mention without spoiling that was incredibly beautiful and made me burst out crying. I had to cry for a few minutes before I could go on and finish the book. It is incredibly creative and dynamic. It touches on subjects like philosophy, spirituality, religion, science, poetry, relationships and trauma. It's just an incredible book that makes you reflect on a lot of things. On top of this this book really gets you in touch with your emotions and empathy, invites you to reflect on your own life in many ways.

The book is about Charlie Gordon, a mentally retarded guy who works at a bakery. Gordon undergoes a new science experiment in an attempt to make him into an intelligent human being. The rest you'll have to find out for yourself.

I discovered the book by seeing user @peanutspathtotruth and others talking about the book in another thread somwhere here on the forums. Thank you for shining light on this book, because of you I've had the luck to get to read this book, and for me it was a very beautiful, emotional, reflective and therapeutic reading experience.

5/5 - I highly recommend it, if you're ready to shed a tear.

No way. That's my favorite book. In fact it's the only book I carry around with me everywhere.

It's Love.

17 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

No way. That's my favorite book. In fact it's the only book I carry around with me everywhere.

SUCH a good book!!! :x

15 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

81HIE40.png

:')

Awesome cover! Mine is not as cool, I'll have to get a cooler edition at some point lol

Looks really interesting. Will probably check it out later, thanks.

Edited by Osaid

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

32 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Looks really interesting. Will probably check it out later, thanks.

You're in for a treat ^_^. I am still thinking about this book from time to time, it has proven unexpectedly relevant for what I'm going through right now.