Adamq8

Life is suffering?

33 posts in this topic

I contemplated this topic just recently and wanted to share it with you and hear your thoughts about sleep.

Is it not so that everybody loves to sleep, atleast the majority of people?

Why so? Because you disappear? 

And recognize that sleep is necessary for your survival, you are sleeping for like half your entire life more or less.

And the majority of people dislikes waking up.

What does that say about this? What do you think?

Why do we want to sleep? To cease to exist? 

Is life suffering? We want it to continue but we love to not exist at the same time, and not existing is the most pleasing " experience " we got.

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

To release the tension of control

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

at night you sleep by getting as relaxed as possible, so now try this during meditation

mind is tension

drop it

Anything that you need to survive feels good when you need it.

Try not breathing (for just a few seconds) and see how good that first breath feels. Or try not eating for several hours past mealtime. You feel very hungry, and the food tastes so good. Sleep is the same way. When you need sleep, it feels very good because that's what your body needs.

This is because of evolution. Creatures that didn't enjoy eating, sleeping, or breathing wouldn't live very long, and wouldn't have much of a chance to make baby creatures like them. Creatures that did survived longer, and had little baby creatures that liked the same things.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Who says that sleeping is the best thing we got?! Thats just group think! Yes, transitioning from nighttime dreamworld to daytime dreamworld is sometimes tough, because that is the nature of survival: not wanting to constantly change worlds, getting invested in a plot. But that doesnt mean one is better than the other. I routinly mess my sleeping rythm up, because I am so clingy to a specific day and don't want to let go when bedtime rolls around?? why are we all pretending that we are not totally ADDICTED to life hahah??? 

I love my waking reality more than I love deep sleep, though I do highly enjoy dreams due to them offering so much novelty that I just cannot see in waking reality.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Right now, I am at a point where every night before falling asleep I pray that I won't ever wake up again... at least not in this present form; and yet deep down I realize that I love my present suffering too much to simply give it up.

That is the messed up game that God is playing with itself. Pretending to not want the very experience which it has chosen for itself, just for the heck of it.

Why so serious?

I go to bed waiting for the next day. I love every minute of my life, even the minutes in which I integrate the suffering that is about to integrate. The beauty of existence catches me more every day. Perhaps life is suffering to a great extent, but suffering is life. beautiful too. And if you read the signals and do what it has to be done, life flows

What's more interesting is that without dreaming, you die ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

And recognize that sleep is necessary for your survival, you are sleeping for like half your entire life more or less.

And the majority of people dislikes waking up.

What does that say about this? What do you think?

Why do we want to sleep? To cease to exist? 

You can do astral projection.

People on this forum dont talk much about astral projections it's huge untapped potential no one is doing. 

Leo should do a video about it.

Feels like waking reality includes sleep and not the other way around. 

Sometimes i  wake up and for moment i forget who i'm, where I'm, and whose the people around me. 

human life is challenging, very difficult. it is an extremely complex game for which there are no precise instructions. suffering tells you where to go. more suffering, wrong path. less, correct. total elimination of suffering: goal. then it is time to help others to do the same, to contribute to the development of the entire human organism. I would say that in these times very few people have achieved real enlightenment, but that in the near future there will be more and more

suffering is optional pain is necessary, the majority of people are just zombies they just follow the herd, i think society might always be this way so whom ever the leaders of this world and at what level they are most people cant go above that they are so stuck in the matrix that they would rather kill the person that is trying to explain to them or seem exponentially happy than admiring anything wrong about the matrix especially ter 1 on the spiral, so life is not suffering its what we make out of it,

not sure if anybody can do it but with enough yoga your perception would be so radical than what the normal person think that you would totally remove any negative ideas from your mind , suffering, hell , evil ,bad.

am not there yet but i can see my self on that path

If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.

- ET

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally. If you want to take responsibility for your life, you must choose one of those three options, and you must choose now. Then accept the consequences.

- ET

♥ 

What if I can't remove myself from the situation, can't change it ,and can't accept it ?

What then ? Hit my head into the wall? Praying to an imaginary God who doesn't give a fuck?  Or suicide myself? 

You know, some times it gets REALLY fucking dark that nothing makes sense anymore.  There are people who suffer unimaginable amounts of suffering in this world. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I think enlightenment is nothing but being in the deep sleep state when you're awake. A mode of total effortlessness and going with the flow. 

Edited by Vibroverse

We can regard our life as a uselessly disturbing episode in the blissful repose of nothingness.

1 hour ago, narkuser said:

We can regard our life as a uselessly disturbing episode in the blissful repose of nothingness.

We can also regard it as a blissfully disturbing episode in the useless repose of nothingness.

The grass is always greener on the other side...

Why so serious?

19 hours ago, Someone here said:

What if I can't remove myself from the situation, can't change it ,and can't accept it ?

What then ? Hit my head into the wall? Praying to an imaginary God who doesn't give a fuck?  Or suicide myself? 

You know, some times it gets REALLY fucking dark that nothing makes sense anymore.  There are people who suffer unimaginable amounts of suffering in this world. 

Bro something you have to understand is there's no real traps because there's no real meaning or purpose to apparent reality. You simply can't go down the right or wrong path when there isn't one to begin with.

So what if someone is trying to push their beliefs and concepts on to you, you already know they're just concepts and beliefs.....

I get it, there seems to be paths closer to truth and further away from truth.....it's all BS.

The idea that there is somebody doing the right or wrong thing is the illusion of self!

The Matrix or dream story is literally the experience of being a someone going down the right or wrong path.

♥ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi