Alexop

Wtf is wrong with YT algorithm?

16 posts in this topic

I don`t watch Peterson but I`ve clicked on one video suggested with him, cringed out and left, and now it just exploded. Everywhere I`m suggested to watch all sorts conservative bullshit like JP, Andrew Tate, Ben Shapiro etc. 

I said to myself: man how lucky I am that I understand how politics and ideology work. What if I just was a stupid young guy like most who watch YT? I would`ve been drawn in the rabbit hole, I would`ve believe all the stupid shit these people say. Convenient excuses for everything: can`t talk to a girl? feminism is the problem. No good job/purpose? easy, the left stole our future. Man the algoritm is just a piece of shit, I don`t want to imagine how many guys are brainwashed by watching all these stupid fucks... Like Leo said, most don`t even click that search button, they just click whatever they`re suggested. Not just YT, even Audible`s included(free) books  were mostly conservative ideology, these times it is so easy to fall into it. Now I`m not sayng you can`t fall into leftist ideology. It is a scary time to not be an educated critical thinker.

~~ Safe space please ~~

Probably the most important post on the forum. A disease I had predicted 4 years ago -

I call it right wing maladaptive indoctrination epidemic. The ultimate cancer of the 21st century. 

#markmywords- this cancer/radicalization will damage the youth. 

(this topic should be moved to the Society section for safety purposes, it might get hijacked here by right wing youknowwho ) 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Anyway excuse my vulgarity. It is frustrating, but I understand why it like this of course. They need money, they need to keep you hooked there. Good question: how would a healthy SD Green algorithm look like?

It's like a right-wing keyword rabbit hole. You click on one keyword like JP and get the whole right-wing keyword chain.

It's not that it's wrong, it's just very basic and on-the-nose. It doesn't have much intelligence to it.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Alexop said:

most don`t even click that search button

Unfortunately, YouTube's search function isn't that good, either. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

Hehe, you don't even imagine how much worse it is in the countries like Russia where most of the people can only speak Russian and basically have 0 alternative

@Alexop you nailed it! Youtube short Videos is total out of Balance. Tiktok algorythmus is way more advanced. 

I opened youtube short, watched full Video of Trumps son Barron. After that I was recommend to watch 90 % Videos with Barron. I could not get out of this loop. I needed to restart Youtube

You can click the 3 little dots next to a video and say Not Interested or Don't Recommend Channel and it should recalibrate.

The YouTube algorithm does some weird things. A few times a year it sends me down a rabbit hole of military videos and thinks I'm in the military.

Recently it's been trying to convert me to Islam LOL.

It Shows me Andre tate, elon musk,trump, muhammed Ali and Peterson Videos nonstop.

It is really a bad algorithm

Edited by OBEler

8 hours ago, Yarco said:

You can click the 3 little dots next to a video and say Not Interested or Don't Recommend Channel and it should recalibrate.

I did it and now it is better, still the Shorts algorithm is stupid, manly because it is new I think... 

Sometimes it is fun to study these people, but I should do it on an incognito tab haha. That Prager guy was so funny.

1 hour ago, Alexop said:

I did it and now it is better, still the Shorts algorithm is stupid, manly because it is new I think... 

It's stupid by design, because stupid things are most popular. And you can't do much intelligent in 60 seconds.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I got destroyed by the YT algorithm when I was like 13-14. Around 8-9 years ago now. Just totally indoctrinated into anti-SJW shit

It’s exceptionally dangerous, and I expect it’s probably responsible for a not insignificant amount of right wingers in younger groups today.

Unfortunately, YouTube's search function isn't that good, either. 

Modern search functions are ironically becoming worse and worse on all platforms as recommender systems become better and better. It’s not designed to help you find the content you are looking for anymore, it’s designed to feed you content that drags you into rabbit holes and stops you from leaving.

YouTube search used to be good

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's stupid by design, because stupid things are most popular. And you can't do much intelligent in 60 seconds.

Agree

6 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@Alexop To avoid this I block the recommendation feed with the extension DF YouTube. Also easy to disable it when I want to look for similar videos.

Usually the algorithm is helpful for me, it suggests new videos from subscribed channels and cool simillar content to what I use to watch, it can create a good bubble or a bad bubble. The algorithm works like your social life, you attract what you are.