patricknotstar

lucid dreaming and awakening

2 posts in this topic

One thing I found interesting about lucid dreaming is when I believe the dream is real, the dream controls me. When I realize i'm driving I control the dream and with my mind I can manifest anything I want into the dream sphere. This is odd because I don't see why our mind or reality would function like this an ordinary materialist sense. My intuition  woukd tell me when i'm dreaming whether im lucid or not should not interfere with the dream yet from direct experience with lucid dreaming my whole life this isn't true. I can imagine whatever I like into being.

I guess what im asking is when one awakens can they begin to control this reality in the same way a lucid dreamer can control there dream upon going lucid. 

When you realize you are in a dream, you also realize that whatever you imagine and feel is what is going to manifest, so then of course you are going to start imagining things that you want and like.

But, when you're not aware you're in a dream, you imagine things that you don't want and things that scare you and things that you don't like, because you're not aware it's affecting your entire dreamscape. You imagine yourself to be at mercy of the dream. 

So, in a sense, you are still controlling the dream while you are not lucid, but in an unconscious and detrimental way.

Dreams are very sensitive to emotion and thought. If you are in a dream and you are scared that some monster will appear behind you, then something will appear behind you and scare you.

1 hour ago, patricknotstar said:

I guess what im asking is when one awakens can they begin to control this reality in the same way a lucid dreamer can control there dream upon going lucid. 

Reality becomes much more dreamlike for sure. You can apply certain principles from the dream realm to reality, like the ones I listed above, and usually it corresponds pretty well. You can actually gain a lot of insights by comparing the metaphysics of the dream world to the waking world and then realizing that it actually works the same way on both ends.

Physical reality is also sensitive to emotion and thought, but I would say to a much lesser degree than the dream world, at least from the baseline state of consciousness. This is kind of what it means for something to be "physical". So it differs from dreams in that sense. You have to have to stick to your emotions and imagination for much longer to start seeing that manifest in physical reality.

I have also experienced moments where my thoughts and feelings will manifest rather quickly. It seems to vary. It might be possible to get better at doing this, but I don't really know how. You might start experiencing synchronicities or serendipity much more often. Things you are thinking about will just appear in front of you out of "coincidence".

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho