RoyalFool

Anti-Majoritarian: Democracy sucks, 4.5/10

Democracy   9 members have voted

1. 1. Weighing the sides

• For democracy
    • Against democracy
  2. 2. Indoctrinated or educated? Do what you're told or know what is right?

• Following collective conscious stream ignorantly
    • Deeply educated and passionate about truly knowing what’s best

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

I am an anti majoritarian. ?

Democracy is tyranny of the masses, corruption run rampant and the most heinous system in our current time. It is the creation of shadow dictators who ensure the masses eat themselves alive in stupidity and self harm, while their hands remain “clean”; a plebeian eradication campaign left to our own devices.

Modern western ideals are wholly mislead and corrosive upon the world, freedom beyond ones means is a death sentence, how free should a child or idiot be? Voting? What are we eight? Most people should be incapable of having power than extends beyond the personal, their opinions and decisions should not be allowed to effect anyone else.

Equality cannot exist, that would negate rationality and measure, growth and gain.

Equality is a narcissistic fairy tale given by predatory grooming propaganda, every talking point of democratic value is indoctrination without logical coherence, we forget, we forget, we forget. There is no compassion or intelligence backing democracy, your belief in it is built on sand and you are simply too lazy to clean, knowledge would separate you from the herd, thus you conform. 

Your beliefs are grooming via predation, religious, political, and otherwise. Nothing more. You do not truly know why you do as you do or why you believe what you believe, the masses are lost; dangerous. Perhaps 1% of the global population has the required competence for broad decision making, but that could easily be an overestimation.

Our best hope for the future is for liberal monarchs to unite distinct kingdoms under one ideal of human prosperity. I’ll leave you with good ol Curt, cuz he knows his shit and talk/writes well. Ave, fellow prisoners.

Curtis Yarvin, run USA like a startup

Some countries are not ready for democracy, that is true. But after a country reaches stage Orange, the democracy is the way to go. Maybe a stage Turquoise society won't need it anymore, but that is fantasy right now. People keep the power in check, dictators/monarchs can easily get into Dumbland.

I don't want you to run my life.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I don't want you to run my life.

Your life and even your thoughts are run by someone else

23 hours ago, Alexop said:

Some countries are not ready for democracy, that is true. But after a country reaches stage Orange, the democracy is the way to go. Maybe a stage Turquoise society won't need it anymore, but that is fantasy right now. People keep the power in check, dictators/monarchs can easily get into Dumbland.

Democracy is breathing room between evolutionary systems, democracy is a pause, it has no progress and is an unviable system. It is tyranny by the masses, it destroys the individual. Democracy is anti progressive, anti individual. You only think you like it because you’re told to and you’re given a propaganda alternative of tyranny, every system we have is trash and democracy is one of the worst for its ability to spread power broadly. Almost no one should be allowed to vote or have power over another.

a lot of people confuse freedom with democracy, having been brainwashed. I want actual sovereign freedom of the individual, balanced by competent restriction.

Edited by RoyalFool

44 minutes ago, RoyalFool said:

I want actual sovereign freedom of the individual, balanced by competent restriction.

what is restricting you right now under a democratic system ,that you would be able to do under your hypothetical system?

It is tyranny by the masses, it destroys the individual.

How?

democracy is one of the worst for its ability to spread power broadly

How would your hypothetical system be better at spreading power broadly?

Almost no one should be allowed to vote or have power over another.

Voting is just a tiny thing to have a very minor influence on others. There are a lot of other ways, and we all have influence on the collective system and on each other, no matter what political system we have.

It seems that you have a problem with unwanted influence, and with corruption. None of those things are exclusive to a democractic system, and almost all your criticisms could be applied to other policitical systems as well. 

If you really want to attack democracy, then you should attack its structure (limitations and problems, that are exclusive to democracy).

Edited by zurew

48 minutes ago, RoyalFool said:

Your life and even your thoughts are run by someone else

Their job is to represent my beliefs and desires.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 01/10/2022 at 10:58 AM, RoyalFool said:

I am an anti majoritarian. ?

Democracy is tyranny of the masses, corruption run rampant and the most heinous system in our current time. It is the creation of shadow dictators who ensure the masses eat themselves alive in stupidity and self harm, while their hands remain “clean”; a plebeian eradication campaign left to our own devices.

Modern western ideals are wholly mislead and corrosive upon the world, freedom beyond ones means is a death sentence, how free should a child or idiot be? Voting? What are we eight? Most people should be incapable of having power than extends beyond the personal, their opinions and decisions should not be allowed to effect anyone else.

Equality cannot exist, that would negate rationality and measure, growth and gain.

Equality is a narcissistic fairy tale given by predatory grooming propaganda, every talking point of democratic value is indoctrination without logical coherence, we forget, we forget, we forget. There is no compassion or intelligence backing democracy, your belief in it is built on sand and you are simply too lazy to clean, knowledge would separate you from the herd, thus you conform. 

Your beliefs are grooming via predation, religious, political, and otherwise. Nothing more. You do not truly know why you do as you do or why you believe what you believe, the masses are lost; dangerous. Perhaps 1% of the global population has the required competence for broad decision making, but that could easily be an overestimation.

Our best hope for the future is for liberal monarchs to unite distinct kingdoms under one ideal of human prosperity. I’ll leave you with good ol Curt, cuz he knows his shit and talk/writes well. Ave, fellow prisoners.

Curtis Yarvin, run USA like a startup

I empathise with your perspective about how democracy is the tyranny of the masses. It seems to me like you are arguing in line with the idea that there are systemic and inherent problems that flow from democracy. It seems to me that you want competence, and trust when it comes to the governing structure, and you find those desires fulfilled in the linked video.

I watched around 30 minutes from the start of the video. My personal experience of the video was that I was surprised, and encouraged by the perspective that the main speaker took. The idea that democracy has bred oligarchy is something I liked. I liked the structure of the the discussion on this point because it seemed to be answering the question of, 'What are the big picture consequences of instituting democracy?'. 

I would have liked to have seen more discussion about the following things:

- Why the speaker believes that democracy leads to oligarchy. 

- More discussion of sociological research

Overall, intuitively, the advocated governmental structure doesn't appeal to me. I also liked the way the discussion was approach in terms of some of the questions it tried to answer. Further, I also would have liked more in depth discussion of the above stated things.

On a psychological note, what came to mind when reading your post was that your alignment with this view seems to have a level of unconsciousness to it. I sense that you are posting as a means of meeting a desire for significance. I sense this particularly from what I see to be you creating an 'in' group and an out group. I would recommend being wary of why it is that you choose to align yourself with the views you do, and also why you choose to post in the manner you do. I'm not intending to communicate fault or blame. Instead, at least in part, I want to contribute to your level of consciousness about your actions, as well as help others not feel insignificant as a result of reading this post. I will note that my view of your intentions is only a guess. Hence, it may be mistaken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I think De Tocqueville's view on democracy could be of interest to you. I'll link a video here. The video provides an interpretation of De Tocqueville's analysis of the problems that come with democracy.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax I appreciate this greatly and understand your points, my manner of speech is like poking a hornets nest to see if im allergic. My persona is unpleasant, and I enjoy setting fires. I am aware of the downfalls of this, and am juggling the complex irritants of my ego.

Also, I have only vague inclinations of a superior system, I just know that democracy gets far too much positive light, undeserved in all regard. Without context or logical rigor, I know this is all just a game so I am able to play It without too much serious attachment. I like optimization and mystery, what if, how could.

I post to feed an urge, I rationalize why I do things after, attempt to recognize patterns. I’m sure id like to be significant, egoically speaking, but ultimately im not convinced anything here is actually occurring. The world is a fictional drama we then label real in order to persist in it, as though it were real. I am also wracked with a trickster facade with contradictory ideas and devilish advocation, im unsure what I think, who I am, or what I or anyone else should do. I have no tradition, and perceive no authority.

Curtis has a lot of content and was the figure who first inspired me to be more interested in monarchy, after years of disgust with western globalism and a consumer agenda haphazardly using “liberal democracy” to justify the dumbest shit.

I would probably be most interested in revamping the education system, and raising the base level of our biological hardware/mental software organism to perceive more adequate truths. I find politics itself to be an annoyance at best, I enjoy classist society—built on precepts of adequate judgment and clear recognition of entities, a child is a different class of being than an adult, where that line ends is up for debate. There are far too many things to type out to fully express all views in a snapshot that would encapsulate them accurately, and I require more of a dialogue. I’m no authority either, I poke and jest to draw out greater knowledge.

I will watch your link.

9 minutes ago, RoyalFool said:

I just know that democracy gets far too much positive light, undeserved in all regard

Thats fair to say, do you have other sources that you think make good points about the limitations of democracy?

@zurew I am attacking humanity itself through democracy, currently, it’s just one flaw im picking at. I find the human entity itself to be disgusting, with rare exception. I want to eradicate the state of “human”, not in a kill them all way, but in a transcend that rubbish way. We’re such an out of date organism.

Speaking foremost for myself, what filth and inconvenience there is within me, beauty too of course, balance in all things… but I know we can do much better, all of us. Individuals, groups, systems, so much waste and silliness. I just don’t believe in equality and a robotic monochrome view of the world, some people/entities/things aren't as important to me relatively, or you relatively, our governance relatively; or god, ultimately.

A better world has an incorporated shadow, XYZ in their proper places, harmonious and so on. I try to relax and be conscious, grow up, be more like god. World improvement feels no different to me than tuning an instrument, sanding a beam of wood, creative enterprise. Fun little game.

1 minute ago, zurew said:

Thats fair to say, do you have other sources that you think make good points about the limitations of democracy?

I don’t like considering sources really, one of them intuitive “a dream told me” kind of guys. I’m sure i’ve been inspired by other shit, I just don’t really care to remember where from lol. I am that is, sources emerge only within me, even if apparently external, it’s only appearance. I alone am. And so are you. Sorry for being vague or delusional, comes with the territory some days. Also I have a head cold currently and I had a manic fever dream while creating this original topic. 

Not to say I don’t fully support what I said, just cut me some slack on perfect wording and tact. 

@RoyalFool

I don’t disagree that democracy has flaws. But I deeply disagree with your solution being monarchy. Monarchy cannot solve any of the problems you described, and in fact democracy arose because monarchy failed so badly.

If you go back to monarchy, all that will happened is that people will eventually begin to demand democracy again. It’s a natural consequence of the raising consciousness of a society. And we’ll be right back where we are now.

@aurum The people never do anything, they’re always routed by a better. It will always be dictation, openly or covert. The mass mind is incapable of power or decision, all choices are made for them, even current powers are like this. 

Your will and belief are given to you by a higher up, and that is how it has always been and will be. Even now the unconscious leads your life, the little self isn’t real.

also, I’m not providing solutions really, not that interested yet. Counter cultural catalyst at your service, I just want things to break so I can play with the pieces and think. 

im not wholly destructive, but this topic was meant to be that. A philosopher king is the best we can have so far, or philosopher kings under an emperor, far superior to democracy. People ought know their place, value should be accurately measured.

Edited by RoyalFool

4 hours ago, RoyalFool said:

The people never do anything, they’re always routed by a better. It will always be dictation, openly or covert. The mass mind is incapable of power or decision, all choices are made for them, even current powers are like this. 

Your will and belief are given to you by a higher up, and that is how it has always been and will be. Even now the unconscious leads your life, the little self isn’t real.

No.

This narrative that all the power is at the top is incomplete at best.

What you’re dealing with is a complex system where the people influence the elites and the elites influence the people simultaneously.

It is not possible to have a truly top down, authoritarian regime. Although certainly some structures of government (like monarchy, hint hint) can push it that direction.

4 hours ago, RoyalFool said:

also, I’m not providing solutions really, not that interested yet. Counter cultural catalyst at your service, I just want things to break so I can play with the pieces and think. 

You very clearly believe you have solutions. You said the best hope for the future is “liberal monarchs to unite distinct kingdoms” in your original post. Don’t squirm your way out of it now.

Will you find it so cool to break things when it’s your head that’s on the line? Or will you wise up and realize breaking things has real consequences?

@aurum I would prefer not to die, not anymore, but ultimately it doesn’t matter, our way of life is meaningless and I know I’m infinite. Nothing has a real consequence except what we make of it, this is a game, if it isn’t fun, break it and die. You’ll just go to another one, well, that “you” was an illusion to begin with… but you get my point. 

yes I get the contradiction of all is real/none is real, that’s why it’s a game. I get to play how I feel like it, rules are just suggestions, shan’t break them just to do so, only when the want arises.

my body and mind mean less than my soul, I will sacrifice the finite for the infinite, I know what I am.

if you don’t see this is a stage, and truly believe in the world, what worth have your ideas to me? Already founded on sand. There’s cause and effect, duh, game has rules. Which can change if they want to. 

I’ll squirm and I’ll squirm, so silly. I’m just here to poke fun until you stop being attached. To anything. 

Kill. The. Self. Haha, illusions of such low craftsmanship are a bore to behold. At least make your lie of a life more fun! Give god a show!

Edited by RoyalFool

It’s hard to care about politics but at the same time I’m lying if I say I don’t want a better “future”, it’s like I’ll play the game to win but if I lose it’s okay, maybe that’s copium but I just want to be able to say I did my part and I don’t want to feel like people are directly making decisions about what I can do with my life, ultimately it’s all meaningless so it doesn’t matter but I guess democracy just feels better, of course if someone like Jesus could be the king of the world that would be great but there is a certain beauty in giving people autonomy even if they suck, which they do, and yes it’s scary that maga idiots and religious fundamentalists and really any type of ideologue can vote and have a say in society, but it’s kind of par for the course, it’s like a compromise really, it’s saying hey, it’s not as bad as if we have an evil dictator, but it’s also not as good as if we have a benevolent monarch, it’s a compromise and it’s mediocre but I’ll take it because I think works for where we are at, ideally everyone would just agree on everything and their would be no need need to vote at all and no government, I’m sort of an anarchist in spirit, I think it’s the ideal, but until people are singing kumbaya and living in peace with one another there needs to be control and order because of selfishness and devilry, you might have a point, if the vast majority of a population of people aren’t educated or care it’s not right for them to rule themselves and give them a vote it’s like giving someone who’s suicidal a gun, but if you always are relying on a monarch it’s not very empowering and it just kind of is a dead end because there is no accountability, whatever the person does is right and they have absolute authority, that seems like a bigger problem to me than just uneducated people potentially being manipulated, I’m open minded so maybe the us could try a monarch, but like aurum said I’m quite sure people would get fed up with it.  “No king can rule forever” is a good line it it basically means that there will never be a guarantee that you’ll have a good king forever, so why not be able to vote for your king or president or whatever haha

I think a benevolent monarch beats a country where 30% of the people will vote for a demagogue, but I think if even like 50-60% of the people of a country in a democracy were conscious and gave a shit about society and human compassion then that would be better than a monarchy.

Edited by Gidiot