amanen

Higher dosages for deeper awakenings

31 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about going for higher and higher dosages to see what is possible.

I am mainly thinking about DMT and LSD, because they have been well established to be safe at high doses.

For DMT something like 120-200mg, for LSD something like 1000-2000ug. I am also much more sensitive to psychedelics than normal.

But what I was wondering is if anybody who has done higher end dosages, does actually increasing the dose keep giving deeper insights, realizations, and awakenings? Or does it plateau at some point? 

For example, a lot of high dose LSD trip reports on erowid and such that I've read have nothing to do with awakening, likely due to the user and their intentions, so it is hard to gauge if awakenings actually continue to get deeper. So far I've found that higher dose is not always a higher awakening, but I want to know if others have tested out these higher dose ranges and if they are worthwhile, in your opinion.

I want to know specifically for the purposes of insights and awakenings. I know the trip itself will always go up in intensity, but I want to know if the realizations will become deeper too, or if the insights become unsalvageable at some point.

Or is there perhaps a lower dose range that is better than actually taking a higher dose for this purpose?

Edited by amanen

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

You are a real psychonaut. that is, you seek the trip for the trip, not to obtain something useful. I understand that it's a fascinating thing, once you open yourself up to it completely and lose all resistance, which I haven't done yet. interesting to read your future reports. 

I read somewhere that LSD might plateau at around 1000ug due to filling all available receptors, but I haven’t verified that.  

I have no idea what would happen at those kind of mega-doses.  At a certain point, blacking out and not remembering much might become more likely though

Hi I know one person though not so well when I spoke to him a year ago he and his friend were planning to take a very high dose of LSD. Though he personally chickened out and took relatively normal dose his friend did take a very high dose, I don’t remember the number and prefer not to guess and again it’s based from the story of a person I know but the guy who took the high dose (of course during the nightclub time) it did severely hit him, he actually sort of lost his mind, the trip was so extensive that when the other one who took low dose went back to normal, the other individual was screaming of seeing demons and deities for the next day. So my friend believed that the trip for the other guy did end and the rest was his mind playing ticks on him. For three consecutive days the guy was experiencing out of the world phenomena that he did require psychological help. He was not the same again after. Again we don’t know what kind of mode he was to begin with, just paraphrasing the story to you but he did mention it was a heroic dose.

My humble advice and it’s only from my perspective I personally would stay away from high doses of LSD. If you really want to take higher doses take mushrooms or if you really want to go high high dose drink Ayahuasca that can really go deep and it’s pretty safe as DMT is natural occurring substance.

Edited by Gennadiy1981

16 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

Hi I know one person though not so well when I spoke to him a year ago he and his friend were planning to take a very high dose of LSD. Though he personally chickened out and took relatively normal dose his friend did take a very high dose, I don’t remember the number and prefer not to guess and again it’s based from the story of a person I know but the guy who took the high dose (of course during the nightclub time) it did severely hit him, he actually sort of lost his mind, the trip was so extensive that when the other one who took low dose went back to normal, the other individual was screaming of seeing demons and deities for the next day. So my friend believed that the trip for the other guy did end and the rest was his mind playing ticks on him. For three consecutive days the guy was experiencing out of the world phenomena that he did require psychological help. He was not the same again after. Again we don’t know what kind of mode he was to begin with, just paraphrasing the story to you but he did mention it was a heroic dose.

My humble advice and it’s only from my perspective I personally would stay away from high doses of LSD. If you really want to take higher doses take mushrooms or if you really want to go high high dose drink Ayahuasca that can really go deep and it’s pretty safe as DMT is natural occurring substance.

So far my high dose LSD trips 600-800mcg have been extremely pleasant and usually profound, so I think the user, set, and setting might be a significant factor here. 

For me mushrooms become extremely 'dirty' at high doses, compared with other compounds, it's hard to explain it, but I do not want to take high dose mushroom trips (Something like over 7 grams for me).

I am Physically Immortal

Gradual dosing is indubitably a very wise practice.

@amanen And yeah, I've done extensive research on certain substances on Erowid and have been mostly disappointed with the rarity of reports where the tripper had a good reason for tripping. There are hardly any instances of entheogenic use, it's mostly just college kids telling tales about the time they wanted to get fucked up. It can be useful to help determine how a substance is likely to impact human consciousness irrespective of any other variable, but individuals such as myself and others on the forum here never just go and do a drug like that, so it's not the most useful information ever.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

Just now, JuliusCaesar said:

Gradual dosing is indubitably a very wise practice.

@amanen And yeah, I've done extensive research on certain substances on Erowid and have been mostly disappointed with the rarity of reports where the tripper had a good reason for tripping. There are hardly any instances of entheogenic use, it's mostly just college kids telling tales about the time they wanted to get fucked up. It can be useful to help determine how a substance is likely to impact human consciousness irrespective of any other variable, but individuals such as myself and others on the forum here never just go and do a drug like that, so it's not the most useful information ever.

Most of the high dose trips on erowid can be summarized as 'I felt like I was dying' or 'I thought I was dead/dying'. The kinds of experiences are surprisingly given the dosage usually not that profound even when compared with the kinds of trips I would get at far lower dosages myself.

I am Physically Immortal

On 10/1/2022 at 7:38 PM, bmcnicho said:

I read somewhere that LSD might plateau at around 1000ug due to filling all available receptors, but I haven’t verified that.  

I have no idea what would happen at those kind of mega-doses.  At a certain point, blacking out and not remembering much might become more likely though

Look into LSD thumbprints and you'll see this isn't the case.

Higher doses of course help, but it's not primarily about the dose, it's about deeply questioning and deconstructing.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Wouldn’t it be much more clever to do a hero dose of dmt or 5meo if that’s available then a hero dose of lsd because of the length of the trip? I mean after you realized god a dozen times and feel like you can take everything then yeah why not, but the potential danger in mental harm and suffering you can do with a 10 hour horror trip just seems too big. 

Dose is near irrelevant, it's just a random dice roll... But re-dosing is always shit. Re-dosing can "fuck you up" but the real trip must be on the first go.

Instead of high doses (which btw will lead to confusion and blackout just so you know), try mixing. I did 500ug of acid and vaped 30mg DMT on the peak.

Going too high with DMT causes things to speed up too much and you can't actually comprehend what's happening. Literally it's just like an abstract BLECH, vomit of incomprehensibility. Moreso than Salvia D.

You likely aren't "especially sensitive" it is just legitimately that strong of a drug... Don't copy the Leo cope where he does baby doses then jerks off in the tub, claiming the "babby's first line" is for him a megadose due to elite sensitivity.

Also try using the VaporGenie. I've tried a lot of devices, I paid like £300 for an electronic dab rig which did DMT temps. Nothing actually beats the GVG, if you're aggressive with it... The uh... Pulsar APX Volt thing, is also really good. No other device is close to those.

37 minutes ago, Jannes said:

Wouldn’t it be much more clever to do a hero dose of dmt or 5meo if that’s available then a hero dose of lsd because of the length of the trip? I mean after you realized god a dozen times and feel like you can take everything then yeah why not, but the potential danger in mental harm and suffering you can do with a 10 hour horror trip just seems too big. 

Big doses of acid last 24 hours easily. Not the "full on trip", but on say 600ug, you'll still be seeing shit warp around on TV etc over 24 hours after the fact.

On V high dose trips I think you absolutely NEED benzos or you can't sleep or anything.

It's worthless to be honest. LSD is good in some ways but Idno, it's better to potentiate DMT. But high doses are needed. One tab won't really change it much. 5 or 6 and smoking DMT will take your life, you can't be normal again.

4 hours ago, Jannes said:

I don't know how safe 5-MeO-DMT is at these higher doses. DMT is one of the things I want to experiment with higher doses though.

I love to trip in general, I enjoy long durations, which is why I like LSD. I don't really fear psychedelics or bad trips due to my understanding of why they happen (and of consciousness in general) and how to prevent them, I've had only one genuinely bad trip in my life.

I am Physically Immortal

4 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Dose is near irrelevant, it's just a random dice roll... But re-dosing is always shit. Re-dosing can "fuck you up" but the real trip must be on the first go.

Instead of high doses (which btw will lead to confusion and blackout just so you know), try mixing. I did 500ug of acid and vaped 30mg DMT on the peak.

Going too high with DMT causes things to speed up too much and you can't actually comprehend what's happening. Literally it's just like an abstract BLECH, vomit of incomprehensibility. Moreso than Salvia D.

You likely aren't "especially sensitive" it is just legitimately that strong of a drug... Don't copy the Leo cope where he does baby doses then jerks off in the tub, claiming the "babby's first line" is for him a megadose due to elite sensitivity.

Also try using the VaporGenie. I've tried a lot of devices, I paid like £300 for an electronic dab rig which did DMT temps. Nothing actually beats the GVG, if you're aggressive with it... The uh... Pulsar APX Volt thing, is also really good. No other device is close to those.

I'm basing my sensitivity on me getting far deeper and stronger trips relative to what my friends have told me or what I've seen in trip reports. I don't care if I'm sensitive or not since I can always take more.

I have mixed DMT with LSD, it is indeed very nice, but I want to also see what they can do alone in even higher dosages. I also have a vaporgenie.

I am Physically Immortal

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Higher doses of course help, but it's not primary about the dose, it's about deeply questioning and deconstructing.

Of course, but I feel like a higher dose can help one deconstruct areas of consciousness or reality that normally wouldn't be as accessible at lower doses.  

I am Physically Immortal

4 hours ago, amanen said:

I'm basing my sensitivity on me getting far deeper and stronger trips relative to what my friends have told me or what I've seen in trip reports. I don't care if I'm sensitive or not since I can always take more.

I have mixed DMT with LSD, it is indeed very nice, but I want to also see what they can do alone in even higher dosages. I also have a vaporgenie.

Sure, it could be interesting from a standpoint of curiosity.

But probably you will find 100mg, well first of all you won't actually be vaporizing all of that which is fine. You'll just get a larger dose per cubic cm of vapor (whatever the measurement for gas is). Which is good. Same way a dabber is good, it's like alcohol where the faster you drink larger volumes the drunker you get.

Out of that 100mg you might get a 30mg dose for example - totally guessing - but it will be VERY VERY thickly dosed in the vapor if you're using the GVG and a torch. You will know you didn't get the 100 because you could use the same pipe etc straight after and get another few full trips.

I think probably you will just black out literally. Which is no harm no gain.

I think you will get a better return on investment, if you just use high doses of LSD with a high dose of DMT, as opposed to megadosing either separately. LSD also makes your mind faster, which allows higher dose DMT to be more comprehensible.

24 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

Sure, it could be interesting from a standpoint of curiosity.

But probably you will find 100mg, well first of all you won't actually be vaporizing all of that which is fine. You'll just get a larger dose per cubic cm of vapor (whatever the measurement for gas is). Which is good. Same way a dabber is good, it's like alcohol where the faster you drink larger volumes the drunker you get.

Out of that 100mg you might get a 30mg dose for example - totally guessing - but it will be VERY VERY thickly dosed in the vapor if you're using the GVG and a torch. You will know you didn't get the 100 because you could use the same pipe etc straight after and get another few full trips.

I think probably you will just black out literally. Which is no harm no gain.

I think you will get a better return on investment, if you just use high doses of LSD with a high dose of DMT, as opposed to megadosing either separately. LSD also makes your mind faster, which allows higher dose DMT to be more comprehensible.

I'll probably experiment with a lot of options and see which works out the best.

I am Physically Immortal

I'm on the same journey of exploring higher doses of these compounds gradually. Careful not to burn yourself. Always stay humble and never expect that you know what will happen. 

Just finished reading 'LSD and the Mind of the Universe'. It's a really nice book! Here the protocol was ~600uq LSD every other week. He said that the momentum he build by journeying frequently took him into deeper and deeper dimensions with the same dose. 

16 hours ago, amanen said:

Of course, but I feel like a higher dose can help one deconstruct areas of consciousness or reality that normally wouldn't be as accessible at lower doses.  

Obviously. But high dose trips can also be so dramatic that counter-intuitively you take away little because everything becomes just a blur.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.