Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

How deep the viciousness of memes go.

4 posts in this topic

Unbelievable that Nickelback's fall started from an unrelated interview with some fuck all comedian making an insinuation that Nickelback's music causes extreme violence, that it happened to occur when the tv station is most viewed, which then leads to users posting negative memes.

I never got the hatred for Nickelback, I've always liked every song of theirs that I've heard. One of the few artists where I'd listen to their whole album from start to finish.

Despite all the jokes and memes, everyone I've ever asked 1-on-1 admitted to liking them too. It's just a hush-hush thing you're supposed to be ashamed of I guess lol.

Despite all the hate, Chad Kroeger still has a net worth of $80M and got to be married to Avril Lavigne for a year, so he's not doing too bad for himself.

It's one of my fears, as I go and pursue my LP, at any point in that journey, some shit like this is going to retcon my mastery of any field I'm focusing in and want to provide to. Some BS like this is going to impact me in some ways as to how I'm getting paid for from providing whatever value I give to some group, because if I'm cancelled from that audience, it's not something that you just brush off of your shoulders, this can sometimes force you out of that field and into some other field.

You can't really get cancelled unless you apologize or give in to the mob's demands. Unless you get yourself deplatformed from social media, which takes a special kind of going against the grain, not just doing something unpopular.

Nickleback didn't give in and listen to the haters. 

They could've been cowards and make a big apology video. "We're sorry guys, we've heard your feedback that Nickleback sucks and we are really committed to changing. Please let us know how we can be better."

But 99% of the time that only makes your situation worse instead of better. People sense weakness and they just attack even more, until they destroy you completely.

The correct path is to be self-assured and unapologetic. If something is your life purpose, just keep doing it for yourself. 

The truth is most people don't actually know what they want anyway. I've seen so many times, a marketer or some influencer or company polls their customers/clients and ask what they want to see. Customer provides feedback. They do exactly what the customer asks for, and it flops. You can't trust people to accurately tell you what they want. You just have to do what you want, and hope it aligns with enough people.

Remember, you only need 1,000 true fans to give you $100 per year to make $100,000. Despite all the haters, Nickleback had (and still has) a hell of a lot more than 1,000 hardcore fans. If they announced a tour today, I bet it'd sell out in hours. People would drive across the country to see them.

Also keep in mind that the haters are always the loudest vocal minority by far.

Edited by Yarco