Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rasheed

Is 1 hour cold approach session enough?

15 posts in this topic

Today, I did 2 hours and 30 minutes cold approach session outside during the day. I did this for the first time. Basically practicing all the insights Leo talked about in his series about dating. Thing was that at the 90 minute mark my legs got tired. That is because I was approaching and walking around during this entire session. At the end of 2 hours and 30 minutes my legs were really tired. 

Therefore, my question is: Is 1 hour of cold approaching per session enough? I am asking this because I know and agree with Leo when he focuses upon importance of building your state while approaching. Is 1 hour enough to build a state? How long should each session be? and what should I do to avoid tired legs? 

Edited by Rasheed

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

@Rasheed Hey dude, I'd recommend thinking more about how many approaches you do, and the time in between each approach.

I think its great to start off with a warm up, i.e. ask 3 people for directions. Then approach 5 girls, with only a minute between each interaction.

That way you ease yourself into it, making it more likely you'll stick to it. And then you build state quickly by minimising time between interactions.

Also, a thing I liked to do was to find something funny from each interaction after it. My period during game I really enjoyed going out because it was a tonne of fun. Even tho I was often  insecure and nervous!

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

just enjoy talking to girls. stop making it a science 

they way guys are approaching this problem is honestly hilarious 

bro is walking around a city for two hours scientifically trying to talk to girls lmao wtf 

Edited by Tron

@Tron

13 minutes ago, Tron said:

bro is walking around a city for two hours scientifically trying to talk to girls lmao wtf 

It depends on how much of a problem this is, to some it's not a big deal (you), to others it's a pretty big deal.

Edited by Danioover9000

@Rasheed

4 hours ago, Rasheed said:

Today, I did 2 hours and 30 minutes cold approach session outside during the day. I did this for the first time. Basically practicing all the insights Leo talked about in his series about dating. Thing was that at the 90 minute mark my legs got tired. That is because I was approaching and walking around during this entire session. At the end of 2 hours and 30 minutes my legs were really tired. 

Therefore, my question is: Is 1 hour of cold approaching per session enough? I am asking this because I know and agree with Leo when he focuses upon importance of building your state while approaching. Is 1 hour enough to build a state? How long should each session be? and what should I do to avoid tired legs? 

To avoid tired legs, you have to walk every day, for hour and slightly more, and less depending on your exercise fitness program. Learn to also walk in an amble state as well, nice, slow and relaxed walking, in fact if you do, you do slightly make whoever you cold approach, if they're also walking, to walk in your pace, so that's nice.

If you suffer from social anxiety, or extreme shyness, that hour session would be very hard, but if you suffer from moderate to light social anxiety and shyness, that's enough. No need to go many hours of cold approaching, unless you're in Vegas and going to multiple clubs.

Getting into state doesn't take that long, if you know and practice NLP and self-hypnosis, you can slip into states quickly.

If you're serious you'll be doing 4 hour sessions.

But you don't have to start with that.

The session should last as long as there are girls worth approaching. When you run out of girls, you go home.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Rasheed

You should be strategic about it. Adapting to your particular location, spending 4 hours non-stop in the same small mall is a bad idea as it can make you feel like the local madman. Walking long routes for 4 hours may be better for your mental health but very tiresome and plain boring unless you have a real passion for walking, (I used to have that). 

You must think about how many hours are sustainable for you. To be honest 4 hours is way too much unless you have a day off on the weekend. I always set my target at 5 approaches, but most of the time I end up doing more because I get in state, and then it's almost easier to approach than not to. When you're really in state and enjoying yourself then you can do 4 hours. 

But let's face it, it's not that enjoyable most of the time. Most of the time 5-7 approaches are good enough. Just an hour or two. The trick is to do this consistently. But then again not too consistent. It's not about maximization but all about what's least taxing, most practical, and durable for you. 

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Tron

It depends on how much of a problem this is, to some it's not a big deal (you), to others it's a pretty big deal.

fair enough

But I would advocate enjoying the process a bit more regardless of how big of a deal it is. 

@Vrubel

2 hours ago, Vrubel said:

@Rasheed

You should be strategic about it. Adapting to your particular location, spending 4 hours non-stop in the same small mall is a bad idea as it can make you feel like the local madman. Walking long routes for 4 hours may be better for your mental health but very tiresome and plain boring unless you have a real passion for walking, (I used to have that). 

You must think about how many hours are sustainable for you. To be honest 4 hours is way too much unless you have a day off on the weekend. I always set my target at 5 approaches, but most of the time I end up doing more because I get in state, and then it's almost easier to approach than not to. When you're really in state and enjoying yourself then you can do 4 hours. 

But let's face it, it's not that enjoyable most of the time. Most of the time 5-7 approaches are good enough. Just an hour or two. The trick is to do this consistently. But then again not too consistent. It's not about maximization but all about what's least taxing, most practical, and durable for you. 

This is reasonable in most places. Only spend extra time if it's at the right places.

You should try to go out at least 4 days a week and approach at least 3 women 

Your legs will adjust anyone who works long hours standing will tell you this 

19 hours ago, Tron said:

It's called autism. This entire subforum is autistic. Lmfao.

23 hours ago, Tron said:

You could say this about anything though? 

Why would you do something liek a headless chicken instead of put concsious thought into it to improve your results?

Why paint a room with some technique & conscious thought? Might as well just randomly slather it on the wall & make a giant mess right. 

But I agree that at a master level of game it's probably completely natural but this advice isn't good for beginners, you need guidance if you're not naturally socially intelligent from genetics/upbringing, but my point is everything is science in a sense anyway, nothing is truly natural which Leo has cogently explained before 

Edited by Optimized Life

2 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

It's called autism. This entire subforum is autistic. Lmfao.

Brilliant comment, so much nuance bro. 

38 minutes ago, Optimized Life said:

Brilliant comment, so much nuance bro. 

nicolas-cage-crazy.gif