Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GrandeOrso

Too much talk

5 posts in this topic

So, I've dived into mysticism, spirituality, Buddhism, and such. Lost myself in it for a while. Was useful because I needed a lot of integration. 

But then what? Every tradition/culture ends with saying something like "let the mystery be the mystery". It is unknowable truth. 

Ok, figure out life is a dream/journey and that you are much more free than you thought, stop being scared of death and have the courage to go down your own personal path, remember to laugh along the way and enjoy all the magic around you.... that's it. Be mindful, appreciate things, don't forget who you are, be true to yourself

there's not much more to it. be alive, do stuff. 

why the constant talk? why the constant search? you cannot figure everything out in this life, might just as well do your best to live it.

i used to be in awe listening to Buddhists talk, now it just seems like repetition, their point is just "you identify with your physical body and that makes you suffer", so just zoom out, have a clearer picture of your role and belonging to the universe... done. why indulge in this? why dig deeper? that will take you further away from life instead of taking you closer

same with psychedelics, they are a door to heightened perception, but as some famous dude said, once you crossed it you dont need to remain at the entrance

i dont know, just a rant, but i tend to agree with people that say "spirituality is not something you talk about, it is not something you teach, it is something you live"

of course its very welcome to take people that are unaware under the light, but i dont see the point in talking about this between conscious people

Mostly because there is enormous depth to what can be achieved on this path that isn’t found by intellectually grasping the teachings. Just so happens what is achieved is a direct function of what is let go of. Most people, most likely including yourself, are still tightly clinging to a myriad of unconscious thoughts, beliefs, and orienting contexts that frame your sense of reality. Some may even be conscious. Spirituality is about letting go of all of this, and allowing right speech, action, and thought to arise out of this letting go of clinging and by extension, purification of craving, and by extension, extinction of ignorance around the nature of reality, moment by moment. Be careful assuming you understand. True understanding is not found in the mind, but in one’s direct ordinary experience, manifesting as the behaviors one engages in. 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Be careful assuming you understand. True understanding is not found in the mind, but in one’s direct ordinary experience, manifesting as the behaviors one engages in. 

That's exactly my point. If you felt what the teachings are about, you are gonna develop way more through experience rather than study or discussion 

This forum is more like a gathering place for like-minded people on a similar path, where sometimes you can go and read/write about particular topics you are interested in, which is fine. Far from being personal development, though, let alone spiritual development

Im reading a book in which there is a 10 points list of traps in undertaking this sort of path. My favourite is "FUCK YOUR JOURNEY", he means yes, improve yourself, but stop telling us

You have to actually do the work, not just listen to gurus while cooking your dinner.

If you stop the search, you've failed. You do not stop the search until absolutely everything about reality is clear.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 30/09/2022 at 2:13 PM, GrandeOrso said:

you cannot figure everything out in this life, might just as well do your best to live it.

Living it is the best way of figuring it all out.