eTorro

How Superhuman Intelligence Works — What Is Hyper-Thinking?

11 posts in this topic

Hello.

I'm not interested in memorization for the sake of retaining words. I would rather make an effort to grasp the meaning of an idea, concept, or word. To me, deep comprehension is crucial — I don't wanna take shortcuts when it comes to learning.

There are tons of books on memorization. I'm reading a popular one — Unlimited Memory by Kevin Horsley — and although the author's techniques are working, it doesn't feel like the methods are good for comprehension. You can remember tons of words without knowing what they mean.

The question is: "What's the best way to get the meaning of a word?" Repetition? Recalling? Profound observation? The act of patiently striving to understand a concept even if it doesn't make sense to you?

I would rather understand a concept in depth, even though it would take more time end effort to comprehend its meaning.

Could @Leo Gura give us some tips, please? :D Or if there's a video about deep learning, could you share it with me?

Also, it would be great if Leo would make a video about the intricacies of hyper-intelligence; I would like to learn what needs to be done to develop sheer reasoning powers.

To me, intellectual ethics and integrity are key.

Edited by eTorro
To add a sentence and clarify a question.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

8 hours ago, eTorro said:

it would be great if Leo would make a video about the intricacies of hyper-intelligence

That's on my to-do list.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm focusing a lot on intelligence and IQ these days. 

Of course there's a difference between intelligence and intellectual. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

to understand a word, know when it is used ... who are the people using it and to what end ... what percent of the people know and use this word

for example many words are only used by politicians lawyers and pundits, for example the word FILIBUSTER, most people would be clueless about

to know words you have to love to read and read voraciously

On 10/1/2022 at 1:45 AM, mmKay said:

@eTorro hint hint

160412144457-lsd-brain-imagery.jpg

I don't have a good source for buying LSD. :(

On 9/30/2022 at 5:55 AM, eTorro said:

I would rather understand a concept in depth

There is a course called iCanStudy which I could share with you, related to this.

I believe it is focused more on studying efficiency in college but can still help with overall learning efficiency anywhere. It helps especially in subjects with difficult concepts and interrelated/interconnecting concepts. This includes things like science, business, humanities like economics, political science, theoretical mathematics. chemistry, etc. If you really want to learn topics like these efficiently with a high level of understanding, then this course helps with just that. Beware though, their learning techniques and note taking techniques are advanced and will take time to learn. 

So far in the course I've been able to see where I'm just memorizing information and have been able to work on my skills of critically analyzing and evaluating information instead (See bloom's taxonomy). I've learned more about how learning itself works too which is great.

Edited by CameronsExploring

On 30/09/2022 at 11:55 AM, eTorro said:

The question is: "What's the best way to get the meaning of a word?" Repetition? Recalling? Profound observation? The act of patiently striving to understand a concept even if it doesn't make sense to you?

My knee - jerk observation is that you are linguistically twisting & muddying your sensemaking by trying to workout the "1 approach" as you bash the metaphoricallly hammer to find the right answer.

I'm personally open to all these aspects & demonize none ; Of course I want to recall & repete stuff, it's a good first step, but there's deeper levels, but that doesn't mean it isn't important, so yes I'd say repetition is an important aspect of learning but there's more to it. 

But of all of these aspects would play apart in creating meaning & understanding in your mind: The brain is not 1 neuron, it's a network, web of neurons, connecting different sensory inputs, using multiple different parts of the brain towards a single idea or function. 

Likewise meaning is drawn and built from a network : The shallower parts like repetition & recall maybe the start of the chain or network; visual image may strengthen the network & expand the web, direct observation or an interalted serendiptious conversation may further strengthen the network, experiencing the meaning first hand once you already have the shallower foundation & some interconnections may take it even further.

... maybe meaning has it's own hierarchy of understanding, like how a child sees things very black & white as they lackk foundation nuance distinctions depth breadth experience. 

The act of patiently striving to understand a concept even if it doesn't make sense to you?

Sounds a bit forced to call it an "act to patiently strive to understand" because often times when you don't understand something & force understanding right away it doesn't happen, the understanding comes when you take time off & allow serendiptious experiences or interconnections to bridge that gap ... or just sometimes your subconscious brain does the work for you when you're not trying to understand on a break, 

Edited by Optimized Life

@eTorro

On 30/09/2022 at 11:55 AM, eTorro said:

Hello.

I'm not interested in memorization for the sake of retaining words. I would rather make an effort to grasp the meaning of an idea, concept, or word. To me, deep comprehension is crucial — I don't wanna take shortcuts when it comes to learning.

There are tons of books on memorization. I'm reading a popular one — Unlimited Memory by Kevin Horsley — and although the author's techniques are working, it doesn't feel like the methods are good for comprehension. You can remember tons of words without knowing what they mean.

I would rather understand a concept in depth, even though it would take more time end effort to comprehend its meaning.

Could @Leo Gura give us some tips, please? :D Or if there's a video about deep learning, could you share it with me?

Also, it would be great if Leo would make a video about the intricacies of hyper-intelligence; I would like to learn what needs to be done to develop sheer reasoning powers.

To me, intellectual ethics and integrity are key.

Are you open to teying rap and freestyle rap as a creative way to understand deeper topics?

I was watching Leo's video on Infinity of Gods, I believe that's the one where he gets around to talking about life being a game to challenge us? What he was saying reminded me of speedrunners who get really good at mastering a single game, such as this guy who can do 120 stars in Super Mario 64 blindfolded.

On the one hand you can use quieting the mind and present moment awareness to increase one's sense of awakening, on the other hand intellectual mastery can produce similar results. Use the ego to transcend the ego?  I think of master pianists and guitar players, or anyone who is master in their field or line of work.  It would be interesting to take brain scans of people who are masters at something versus the general population.  That part in the matrix where Leo is amazed at how his brain just got injected with all this information instantly. I often wondered what it would be like if we could evolve to a state where we could do that, bypassing traditional limitations of learning.

Edited by sholomar