Majed

fools examples mega thread

11 posts in this topic

«to become wise study the consequences of fools» 

let 's make a list of the most foolish behavior that we can find out there so that we can see how foolishness manifest itself in real life and in people.

this whole channel called "soft white underbelly" is a gold mine for finding fools. it is basically a stage green guy "mark laita'" interviewing stage red fools.

from 12:53 to 14:55 everything the black conservative christian said is pure stage blue foolishness  

he is basically gay but is willing to suppress his sexuality for the rest of his life because it is against the biblical scriptures 

Edited by Majed

christopher mccandless from "into the wild" i consider him to be a stage green fool 

he basically rejects society and go out hitchhiking across the united states but ends up dead within a few years from poisoning. when i was stage green i used to admire this kind of behavior but then when you get to yellow, you realize how irresponsible and foolish it is. btw do not fall into the trap of the pre\trans fallacy. this guy is clearly post conventional on the susanne cook greuter model. do not include christopher mccandless and stage red criminals (like the ones that i mentioned in the first example of soft white underbelly) in the same category. but this shows you how foolishness happens at post conventional. in a lot of ways his philosophy has wisdom in it, but since he fails to integrate why society, money, careers, etc... exists, he does not understand their function, and because of that he ended up dead.

great movie btw, i highly recommend it.

raskolnikov from the book "crime and punishment" is a great example of foolish behavior. stage orange regressing to red or stage orange cognitive development with stage red moral development. it is hard to say which one because when he committed his crimes he was in a really bad situation, poverty, mental health issues, etc... i would tend to go with the stage orange regressing to red because of his conditions. 

great book btw, i recommend it

I dislike the spirit of it. It implicitly treats foolishness as something "out there", and it sort of breeds the very thing in question, as foolishness is really nothing but self-bias/self-deception. You can find more than enough foolishness by looking inside yourself, and if this practice is supposed to benefit you in some way, then that is where you want to find it anyway.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

A lot of the times we do things that aren't the most beneficial in the context in which we look at it, much of it lack of cognitive instinct in the moment dulled out by emotional needs that precede judgement, wouldn't be the best to judge people when they were dealing with the worst. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson i am not judging, i am acknowledging a fact. of course a fool is a fool because of his circumstances, genetics, etc... this does not mean he is not a fool though, foolishness is a systemic issue, we are not blaming anybody here, we are just seeing what is. but i do appreciate your empathetic, heart centered point of view nonetheless ;)

Looking back I made stupid mistakes too. But if those mistakes never happened, I would have probably remained blind to a huge dose of reality. Reality hits you in the face when you act stupid, it's one way of wisening up. I wish there was a better terminology for people who keep repeating the same mistakes and never learn. I feel sad for such people, yet I would not call them stupid, I would say they have deep psychological trauma and problems that's producing a recurrent pattern in their lives that they feel unable to control/maneuver. They need some serious therapy,help, attention, love, compassion to get them out of their deep trenches. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

What is the benefit of finding examples of fools outside of the self? 

Love is the truth, love, love, love.❤️